Profile for Penny Lover > Reviews

Content by Penny Lover

Penny Lover

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Good Morning Diego Garcia: A Journey of Discovery (Journeys Book 2)
Good Morning Diego Garcia: A Journey of Discovery (Journeys Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Susan Joyce does it again!, 13 Mar. 2016
Just as I did "The Lullaby Illusion: A Journey of Awakening" (Journeys – Volume 1).. I thoroughly enjoyed hitching a ride with Susan as she shared her incredible journey with me and her readers. I absolutely love Susan's writing style... and would read anything she wrote. Great Memoir!

Shakespeare My Butt!: Marsupial Elvis to No Place ... Ramblings, Meanderings, Digressions... and a Dog
by John Donoghue

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant wait to read more from this author., 4 Jun. 2015
This was a pure delight! I laughed until tears rolled down my cheeks. If you really want a great summer / winter/ fall or spring read.... buy this book! You wont be sorry! Cant wait to read more from this author. It was that good.

Take Three Birds
Take Three Birds
by Jilli Lime-Holt

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift for my 80 year old Aunt in Utah., 20 May 2015
This review is from: Take Three Birds (Paperback)
I purchased a paperback copy of this book, along with a couple of others and sent them as a gift to my 80 year old Aunt in Utah. I gave her enough time to read them all and then called her for her reviews. She does not own a computer so she asked if I would pass along her review. She was very clear that she felt this book deserved 5 stars and said that she'd wished that she was younger .... and could tag a long on a trip with these three authors.She said it made her giggle several times.

Into Africa: 3 Kids, 13 Crates and a Husband: Volume 1
Into Africa: 3 Kids, 13 Crates and a Husband: Volume 1
by Ann Patras

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should "give it a go!", 20 May 2015
I purchased this paperback book for my 80 year old Auntie and because it was a gift, I did not read it before mailing it off. I did however get her 30 minute telephone review about just how much she did enjoy this book. "Give her 5 stars!" she said adamantly. So, because I am a "good" niece... I shall pass on that my Aunt truly enjoyed it and say's everyone should "give it a go!"

Emily: Love; Capture Your Heart, Appreciate Life and Believe the Impossible
Emily: Love; Capture Your Heart, Appreciate Life and Believe the Impossible
by Margaret Ann Loveday

5.0 out of 5 stars Story of love for family!, 11 May 2015
A heartwarming story of love for family... against the odds. A slow paced read, sometimes a tad predictable, but with lots of heart. Well done Ms. Loveday.

How Blue is my Valley
How Blue is my Valley
by Jean Gill

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost like having two lumps of sugar, rather than the usual one., 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: How Blue is my Valley (Paperback)
I am very American, and I like my coffee with one lump of sugar. This authors English humor serves as the cherry a-top the whip cream, or having two lumps of sugar, rather than the usual one. She is very passionate in her story telling and her humor offer's that "something extra". She sounds very much like someone I would enjoy spending time with. In her words, she is a well traveled, rational idealist. And... she also uses the term "meander." I personally love that about her. The description of her new home in France is beautifully painted in colorful words for her readers. I'll admit to having a "blonde moment" when she used the word "tick." I would say "check," and so I did get a giggle with that too. How Blue Is My Valley is a nice, slow-paced account of her move to Dieulefit. I very much enjoyed this authors adventures and will continue to hope that her restroom issues do finally get resolved!

The Walls of Troy
The Walls of Troy
by Cheery Gregory

5.0 out of 5 stars Action and romance sprinkled in to make a truly delicious story., 21 July 2014
This review is from: The Walls of Troy (Paperback)
A wonderful sequel to the first book.....The Girl from Ithaca. The Greek myths and historical details are painted perfectly by this author.... with loads of action and romance sprinkled in then gently woven together like a well written book should be. I turned each page with excitement to know more. I highly recommend this book, (and have) and cant wait for the next one.

Glass Half Full
Glass Half Full
by Sarah Jane Butfield

4.0 out of 5 stars What a adventure!, 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Glass Half Full (Paperback)
I enjoyed this amazing journey of Sarah's family's experiences while searching for a better life in Australia. A heart filled account of courage and faith. Beautifully written from this authors heart.... and I am now looking forward to the next book and what happens in France!!

Joan's Descent into Alzheimer's
Joan's Descent into Alzheimer's
by Jill Stoking

5.0 out of 5 stars A highly recommended read!, 7 Jun. 2014
Well, don't I feel like a big ninny! I veered away from this book, only because of its title. It's been several years now, but my grandmother passed and she was suffering from dementia, which is such a hard thing to watch. I kept telling myself.... I just don't want to be reminded. Well.... this is where I feel like a big ninny. It was indeed about the authors mother Joan, and it was also about Alzheimer's too. But it was also woven together in a deep and touching story about this authors life. The circumstances that lead her to where she is today. The way in which an author tells a story is really what makes a great book. A great memoir. I can honestly say now, that I wished I hadn't waited as long as I did... because I (now) know friends that are going through some of the same things this author did, and I really want to recommend and share this book with them. Thank you for sharing your life with us. Kudos for being so strong and writing such a detailed account of your circumstances and triumphs.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 11:11 PM BST

Cherished Cats and Childhood Capers
Cherished Cats and Childhood Capers
by Becky Corwin-Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a fantastic real life memoir!, 6 Jun. 2014
Loved the authors look back in time. This was a pleasant read which totally reminded me, and several times took me back to my childhood, reminding me how very lucky I was to grow up in the 60's and 70's. I also thought of it as a kinda love story that we watched unfold between the author and her husband. This is the second book that I've read by this author and I'd recommend her books to anyone wanting a simple, just real life, tea & blanket cozy read!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3