Profile for ***Jesus Loves YOU!*** > Reviews

Content by ***Jesus Loves...

***Jesus Loves YOU!*** (Blackpool)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mary, Mary (Alex Cross Book 11)
Mary, Mary (Alex Cross Book 11)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant...., 17 April 2015
The best Alex Cross novel to date, I couldn't fault it. It kept me entertained right to the end.

Thank you James. Highly recommended.

The Big Bad Wolf (Alex Cross Book 9)
The Big Bad Wolf (Alex Cross Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading...., 11 April 2015
An unknown group headed by 'The Wolf' is kidnapping girls, women and young men to be sold on to perverts across America as sex slaves. At first no-one pays much attention until a high profile wife of a politician goes missing and Alex Cross sets out on the trail to catch the perpetrators.

Alex has now joined the FBI and is at first out of his depth. As The FNG it is hard to make your mark until you have proven your worth but of course Cross being Cross he certainly does do his bit and earns the respect of his team members eventually but not without many frustrations.

His on-going family saga which I personally enjoy, is thrown in to a loop when Christine, Cross's one time partner comes back in to Alex's life and she has baby Alex in her sights.

Very will put together and executed, I couldn't fault it. Highly recommended.

Thank you James.

Four Blind Mice (Alex Cross Book 8)
Four Blind Mice (Alex Cross Book 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous thriller ......, 6 April 2015
Mr Patterson once again keeping us on the edge of our seats with another thriller featuring the ever popular Alex Cross, this is definitely one of Pattersons' best.

Lots of distractions, loads of confusion and mayhem, more family interactions which brings a softer side to Cross and shows his human side...in short everything we have come to expect from the man himself.

Thank you James, highly recommended.

Violets are Blue (Alex Cross Book 7)
Violets are Blue (Alex Cross Book 7)

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely disappointing...., 29 Mar. 2015
I was really disappointed with this book, it just never got off the ground to be honest. A complete miss mash of 2 stories which didn't quite gel for me.

Following the Mastermind then a murder spree carried out by vampires, back and forth, back and forth, I just didn't like it one bit.

Sorry die hard Patterson fans, not for me!

Roses are Red (Alex Cross Book 6)
Roses are Red (Alex Cross Book 6)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the best..., 27 Mar. 2015
I was a bit disappointed with this book, not quite as thrilling as previous books but enjoyable non the less. While there is a current theme of murder and mayhem which is part and parcel of any James Patterson book, this one concentrated more on Cross' family life and his relationship with Christine. This is good, don't get me wrong but it distracted from what could have been a very good story.

While all the Cross books are stand alone thrillers it does help if you read them in order because Cross' character develops with each successive book and you become more enthralled with this big black detective and his side kick Sampson.

I have to admit I hate the short chapters but have got used to them over time, HOWEVER as long as there is a good yarn to tell I will put up with just about anything!

Thank you James.

Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross Book 5)
Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent....., 25 Mar. 2015
James Patterson has the uncanny ability to write a book which grips you from beginning to end and this book is no exception. High octane action from the word go but ending on a huge question mark...watch this space!

The Alex Cross series to my mind is THE best of Mr Pattersons' books, when he is writing alone and gives 100% of himself to the telling of the story with-out another person chipping in. And that is the secret of these books, they keep you entertained right to the very end. Often running with several other stories in the background to the central theme and loads of red herrings along the way there is enough here to keep any reader from getting bored.

Highly recommend, thank you James

Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross Book 4)
Cat and Mouse (Alex Cross Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely outstanding...., 22 Mar. 2015
James Patterson at his very best, I can not fault this very tense thriller at all. From the first page to the last he keeps you on the edge of you seat in a sheer state of anticipation.

Full of twists and turns and unexpected outcomes that you do not see coming to an explosive ending leaving you gasping for air.

I have to ask myself just what I was thinking when initially I never wanted to read a Patterson book but of course I hadn't read the Cross series had I? Silly, silly me!

Highly recommended reading, thank you James.

Jack and Jill
Jack and Jill
by James Patterson

4.0 out of 5 stars James Patterson-Alex Cross...., 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Jack and Jill (Paperback)
Mr Patterson at his best once again, the Alex Cross series has redeemed this author in my eyes. Feeling that I was the only one on the planet that just couldn't get in to his books I almost gave up until I read Along Came A Spider and Kiss The Girls. Both books explosive reading and Jack and Jill is no exception.

The only niggle I had was that while two stories run concurrently, there are so many red herrings I tended to lose the plot some times and had to re-read a chapter or two to catch up. However an excellent thriller never the less which kept me on my toes.

Highly recommended, thank you James.

Personal (Jack Reacher 19)
Personal (Jack Reacher 19)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite up to par....., 10 Mar. 2015
I am in two minds about this Jack Reacher book for several reasons, the main one being that it is very far fetched in lots of places, least of which is a 7'7 monster who has a house built especially to fit his size, I just can't see that happening somehow BUT...stranger things have happened!

Also taking Reacher out of his comfort zone to England where most of the action takes place is ok but then Mr Child treats his descriptions of this country like a tourist map. Lee Child is a British citizen living in America with his wife and son and Reachers' character is built around his life there wandering around the US as a lone maverick of justice. In this book Reacher plays a more advisory role although he does take out the bad guys for the Brits in the end so they can save face if it all goes wrong and Reacher will be arrested as a terrorist when/if it does.

Reachers supporting women are all usually very strong characters but in this case, Casey to my mind is a weak link especially when she keeps asking Reacher if he thinks she's up to the job! Taking pills most of the time Reacher just doesn't seem to be convinced that she will indeed cope but works with what he has. Luckily...spoiler alert...she does save his life in the end.

Having said all that it is a Jack Reacher book and therefore ticks all the boxes for me. I love the character, love the role he plays and love the action he always finds himself in. I would like to read a book which features more about his life in the army, his family and learn where he developed all his skills and insight. Perhaps Mr Child has done that in his new book Make Me?

Thank you Lee never the less.

Never Go Back (Jack Reacher, Book 18)
Never Go Back (Jack Reacher, Book 18)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another fabulous Jack Reacher book..., 7 Mar. 2015
Jack Reacher steadily makes his way toward Virginia where he hopes to meet Major Susan Turner who is commanding the headquarters of his old unit, the 110th MP but on arrival finds that she has been arrested and is in jail and a new CO is in charge.

He informs Reacher that he is also under arrest for assaulting a man 16 years previously and to make matters worse he is also being sued for child support for a teenage daughter who he never knew he had with a woman he does not remember.

And straight out of a movie script the CO says: 'You're back in the army, Major. And your ass is mine'. Right away you know this is going to be good and good it is as he breaks Turner out of jail and they both set off to find out just what is going on.

I have to admit that I agree with other readers that the last few Jack Reacher books have not been quite up to the standard set by earlier books in that there has been a lot less action where Reacher beats up the baddies big style like 10-1 which, although I don't like extreme violence has been the mantra of previous books.

Having said that I still enjoyed the book and would still recommend it before moving on to Personal. One good thing about Lee Child is that he does vary the stories he tells, each one is so very different and I admire the way he can produce a really good tale featuring this maverick character keeping it fresh and interesting all of the time. Not all the books will be popular with all readers but from my point of view I have enjoyed them all albeit some more than others.

Thank you Lee for keeping me well entertained.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20