Profile for G. Blackman-Sheppard > Reviews

Content by G. Blackman-Sh...

G. Blackman-Sheppard "Bi-Polar Girl" (Wolverhampton, West Midlands, UnitedKingdom)

As the Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
As the Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Mar. 2015
A smashing little thriller in the world of rock climbing and egg stealing.

Pink Jersey Fitted Sheet Bunk Bed Size
Pink Jersey Fitted Sheet Bunk Bed Size
Offered by Tony's Textiles Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money and good fit, 17 May 2013
I bough 2 sets of these Jersey Fitted sheets and they are fab. They look good, feel good, and they stay in place too. I would not hesitate to recommend them for young and older children.

Disney Princess Echo Microphone
Disney Princess Echo Microphone

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money, 17 May 2013
There is so little echo in this microphone as to be useless, especially with a child's voice. Had I known, I would not have bought it for my grand daughter - she was very disappointed.

Me and Him: A Guide to Recovery
Me and Him: A Guide to Recovery
by Karen Tyrrell

5.0 out of 5 stars A must guide for anyone who suffers from Bipolar Disorder, 17 May 2013
Although medication is important (and long term medication often essential), it is equally essential for a sufferer to take charge of his/her physical as well as mental wellbeing. The first part of the book is an excellent list of health tips and advice that I follow myself in order to ensure I live with my bipolar disorder as well as I possibly can.

The second part will resonate with many partners/families who are faced with very difficult decisions regarding their sick loved one. Mental illness is tough on the patient AND on others too. Karen's description of her husband's agonising choice and her reaction to it is compelling.

Pine Bunk Bed with underdrawers - 2FT 6 small single Natural Bunkbed With Underdrawer Storage
Offered by Strictly Beds and Bunks Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars A good solid pine bunk - good value for money, 17 May 2013
The reason I didn't give this product a higher rating is because the 3 slats that fit inside the under drawer came cut to the wrong size. Although I could have ordered a replacement, I bought them instead because I was under time pressure (my grandchildren were due to arrive in 2 days' time). That was irritating. I would have liked the slats to arrive cut to the right size the first time around.

Although it is clearly visible from the photo, when assembled and positioned in the middle of a room instead of against a wall (something we coud not change in our small spare room) the lack of head and feet slats on the bottom bunk would have made it difficult for the pillow and the duvet to stay in place. We added those to match the top bunk.

Other than that, this is a solid piece of furniture and it looks good when put up. It smells nice too.

My New Colour Doodle
My New Colour Doodle

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money considering these toys are pricey, 17 May 2013
This review is from: My New Colour Doodle (Toy)
It's a good size colour Doodle with everything you would expect. My only negative comment is that the pen and shapes are housed inside (good idea) but the little 'doors' are really stiff to open. I can't imagine they will last very long before my frustrated grandchildren break them off!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Corsage, 11 Aug. 2012
Lovely corsage - looks every bit as good at the picture (probably better). It is well put together and good value for the money.

Hollowfibre Toy Stuffing / Filling for cushions / toys etc - 1kg
Hollowfibre Toy Stuffing / Filling for cushions / toys etc - 1kg
Offered by LOVE2SLEEP

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality toy stuffing, 8 July 2012
This toy stuffing is very clean and can be 'manipulated' to shape even afer the toy has been stuffed. I have used it extensively and its quality is always the same. I will continue to use this product for knitted dolls and teddybears.

Shoot the Damn Dog: A Memoir of Depression
Shoot the Damn Dog: A Memoir of Depression
by Sally Brampton

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful and yet humorous portrait of depression, 9 April 2010
Sally Brampton deserves the highest praise for her honesty and her ability to describe in simple language a very challenging and complex experience. In fact, starting the book was such a powerful experience for ME that I could initially only read a few pages at a time because Sally Brampton's writing took me straight back to the darkest days of my own experience with major depression.

This should be compulsory reading for anyone who still thinks of someone suffering from depression as just feeling blue and needing a kick up the backside.

The Coaching Manual: The Definitive Guide to the Process and Skills of Personal Coaching
by Julie Starr

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for anyone interested or involved in one-to-coaching, 19 Dec. 2002
The Coaching Manual is a great little book because:
*it does what it says it does: highly refreshing because sometimes I wonder whether the person who wrote the objectives for a book is the same person who wrote the book...
* it reads beautifully: it feels like a learned friend rather than a benevolent teacher. Super tone and style, suitable for all readers irrespective of whether they are experienced coaches or non-coaches
* it is well-structured: it's easy to find the bits and pieces (and there are many: diagrams, tables, conversations, tick-lists, etc) that the reader may want to go back over or extract from the book.