Profile for Essex duet > Reviews

Content by Essex duet

Essex duet "Jenny" (Colchester, Essex UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Wrongful Death (Anna Travis series Book 9)
Wrongful Death (Anna Travis series Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Lynda la Plante novels, 30 Sept. 2014
Another excellent novel by Lynda la Plante. I took this away as a holiday read and I found it to be very hard to put down. I hope there will be more involvement of the Travis and Langton characters in the future.

Seamless Open Front Control Dress in Nude Large 14/16
Seamless Open Front Control Dress in Nude Large 14/16
Offered by CattyB's Lingerie

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, good value, 18 Jun. 2014
I am dress size 12 or 14, so I was a little concerned which size I should go for - 10-12 or 12-14. I contacted the seller for advice and measurements of the garment which helped to make my decision. I went for the bigger size which is doing the job and at the same time comfortable. Good quality garment and I am very happy with the service receive, as it arrived very quickly and with my purchase.

Some Day I'll Find You
Some Day I'll Find You

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 6 Sept. 2013
I'm so glad I ignored the low ratings.
'Some Day I'll Find You' has great storyline and I found it hard to put down.
A great holiday read!

Scholl Instant Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Instant Hard Skin Remover
Offered by Direct Pharmacy

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish product, very disappointing., 17 April 2013
I've tried lots of different products to remove hard skin, but this is by far the worse.
I followed the instructions, but it left my heels very rough. There are a lot better, cheaper products on the market.

MULTI PURPOSE High Quality Breakfast / Computer / Reading / PC / TV /Folding Table  with Adjustable height feature
MULTI PURPOSE High Quality Breakfast / Computer / Reading / PC / TV /Folding Table with Adjustable height feature
Offered by Great Dealz Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb table. Strong, neat and well worth the extra cost., 17 April 2013
Excellent table. I did quite a lot of research as I wanted something that would tuck away when not in use.
Before purchasing this great little table, I checked out lots of reviews and it seemed that most of the other tables were a bit flimsy and some broke after a short time. This table appears quite robust and very firm when in use. I mainly use it for my laptop but I also intend to use it as a table for granddaughter to use when we are baking.
The surface area is also quite a bit bigger than the other tables, so there is plenty of room for a mousemat etc. when using the laptop, also perfect for jigsaw puzzles, using a sewing machine and for tv meals.
There is only one negative, but it is only a very minor one - it is a little awkward and stiff to alter the height, (there are 4 different heights to choose from) but maybe this is also a positive as it wouldn't fall apart when being moved.
I'm pretty sure that it will be in serviceable use for a very long time.

Alys, Always
Alys, Always
by Harriet Lane

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing. Couldn't be described as a thriller., 12 April 2013
This review is from: Alys, Always (Paperback)
I really think this book has been put inside the wrong cover.
On the cover there are excerpts from review in various newpapers which generally describe it as 'psychological thriller', 'gripping', 'chilling', etc. I think I must have half of my paperback missing and kept reading anticipating the suspense to be a bit further on in the book.
I would like to say that the book was well written, but unfortunately I can't. It could probably have been condensed down to 20 pages of actual storyline. The scenes are set with involved descriptions which are there for no reason what-so-ever.
My life hasn't been enhanced in any way by wasting my time reading this novel and is probably the worst book I have ever read.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2013 8:26 PM BST

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium series Book 3)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millennium series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this book, about 70% of the way through it., 14 Mar. 2013
As with the previous two, I love this book and also find it hard to put down.
Loved the main characters, but there are also loads of other characters in the book . This is a bit harsh as I like to read before I go to bed. I read it for longer than I should and then find myself restless instead of relaxed, trying to work out who is involved with what.
Brilliant book so far though.

The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium series Book 2)
The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put this book down!, 14 Mar. 2013
Loved this book and found it hard to put down.
Loved the characters, but there are so many of them. Some of the swedish names are a little similar and I found it hard sometimes to think who I was reading about.
Brilliant book.

Easy Thai Cookbook: The Step-by-step Guide to Deliciously Easy Thai Food at Home (Easy Cookbooks)
by Sallie Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little cookbook., 14 Mar. 2013
I bought this as a pressie, but had a quick flick through before wrapping it up.
Looks really good with some lovely recipes and photos of what it should look like.

Morphy Richards Cafe Mattino 47070 Programmable Filter Coffee Maker - Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect gift for a coffee lover!, 14 Mar. 2013
I bought this as an additional gift for my other half. He loves it. It isn't too big, so fits in the kitchen quite nicely. Keeps any remaining coffee hot for up to 2 hours. Works well so far.

Page: 1 | 2