Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "richard_no1" (Lancashire, England)

BAGBASE METRO IPAD REPORTER (CLASSIC RED / DARK GRAPHITE)
BAGBASE METRO IPAD REPORTER (CLASSIC RED / DARK GRAPHITE)
Offered by NGWorld
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect as small carry-on bag for Ryanair, 19 May 2014
Did a lot of research to find a carry-on bag for Ryanair that meets its size limits. It takes my Asus T100 tablet/laptop (with charger at the side) as well as my Kindle, phone, passport, etc. Looks pretty cool too - except my wife now calls me Postman Pat!

Glory and B*llocks: The Truth Behind Ten Defining Events in British History
Glory and B*llocks: The Truth Behind Ten Defining Events in British History
Price: 5.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Facinating stuff!, 19 Mar 2014
Plenty of interesting and well researched insights into truth or otherwise of some key events in our history. It's well written too! Enjoyed it and would recommend.

Top Trumps Manchester City 2012/ 2013
Top Trumps Manchester City 2012/ 2013
Offered by Winning Moves UK
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Secret Santa present for a City-mad grandson, 21 Jan 2014
He loved it! Here's the Secret Santa poem that went with it:

Matteo is a smashing kid
who loves to ride his scooter
Nerf guns are a passion too
and he’s a demon shooter

But sadly for a Blackburn lad
he loves a team called City
The Etihad’s his pitch of choice,
It really is a pity!

Aguero is a man of fame,
upfront he’s almost holy
Panti-limon’s a silly name,
so Hart’s top trumps as goalie

Which brings me to this gift of yours,
a game to play with Oli.
Although he is a fan of Spurs,
I’m sure you’ll both be jolly!

Merry Christmas Matteo
With love from Santa!
(the real one!)

Franz Ferdinand Live EP
Franz Ferdinand Live EP

5.0 out of 5 stars This band are magnificent!, 11 Sep 2013
What a return to form. Can't stop listening to it and the new album. Great voice, great tunes, great band! Love it!

HTC One Cool Black Genuine Leather Shocksock Pocket Pouch Case Cover Wallet Protector from Keep Talking Shop HTC One Accessories
Offered by Keep Talking Shop
Price: 9.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Safe home for a perfect phone!, 30 May 2013
I chose this type of protection because I couldn't bear to cover this beautiful phone in a fitted case with screen protector. The cover does the job very well and, apart from a dangling thread which I had to remove with scissors, is well finished.

Songs From Another Love [Explicit]
Songs From Another Love [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great young talent!, 4 Mar 2013
Love the mood and feel of this wonderful EP. Looking forward to more from him - bring on the album!

The Golden Age Of Song
The Golden Age Of Song
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it!, 10 Dec 2012
Great music by great musicians! A stellar list of singers who really deliver. Paul Weller sounds like a genuine old-style jazz singer.

TP-Link TL-WA730RE 150Mbps Wireless N Range Extender
TP-Link TL-WA730RE 150Mbps Wireless N Range Extender
Offered by Buyur
Price: 12.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Great when used with android phone portable hotspot., 15 Oct 2012
Recently bought a seaside flat as a holiday home. Needed broadband but didn't fancy paying for a land line and full ISP subscription so decided to try using my HTC Desire HD on which I have a Three network One Plan - i.e. "All you can eat" data. To extend the range and to connect the new smart tv, I thought I'd try the TP-Link range extender and it worked wonderfully. The phone wirelessly connects easily to the range extender which is connected by Ethernet cable to a Devolo Homeplug. Another such Homeplug is connected to the smart tv on which I can now stream BBC iplayer etc with no buffering stoppages. I can also connect my laptop wirelessly and use it anywhere in the flat. So for my needs this range extender is perfect!

Toshiba Satellite T130-132 13.3-Inch Laptop (Intel Core2 Solo ULV SU3500 1.4GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Webcam, 11 hr batt life BT, Windows 7 Home Premium Edition,  64 Bit, Red)
Toshiba Satellite T130-132 13.3-Inch Laptop (Intel Core2 Solo ULV SU3500 1.4GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, Webcam, 11 hr batt life BT, Windows 7 Home Premium Edition, 64 Bit, Red)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely new Red Tosh, 17 Dec 2009
I'm very pleased with my new "small object of desire". Slim, shiny and red, and very nearly as light as my 5 year old Tosh Portege M300; which it replaces as my travel partner. Battery life is exceptional - I've not reached 11 hours yet but I'm finding I only need to recharge it at night - a bit like my mobile; which also conveniently charges from the usb with the computer switched off! Unsurprisingly, it's not lighting fast and BBC iPlayer HD won't show smoothly but non-HD content looks great on the excellent screen, and Windows 7 runs like a dream. Not many downsides: it took a while to be able to hear it properly due to the stupidly low default settings on the bundled "SMARTAudio" SmartEQ/3D Settings; mine has a rough edge on the lid and the lid is a little awkward to open (bit stiff and no latch); and the whole thing doesn't feel as robust as my Portege - which has survived some very rough treatment over the years. Still, it was half the price of my Portege, has three times the battery life, about 9 times the disk capacity and it looks gorgeous, so overall I love it!

Asus EeeBox B202 Mini Desktop PC Intel Atom (N270) 1.6GHz 1024MB 160GB Windows XP (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 14 Nov 2008
My new EEE Box arrived promptly and was up and running quickly. I've attached it to the back of my Panasonic flatscreen tv, added a usb tv tuner (Freecom) and connected it to my home network via a devolo network plug. I can now watch BBC IPlayer etc.; view, record and pause freeview channels and watch/play content streamed from the Buffalo Linkstation NAS on the network. The setup also means I can watch recorded TV on other computers on my home network and, by using Logmein (free version), I can set the EEE Box to record programmes from anywhere - which in my case means hotel rooms in far flung places as well as at home. The picture quality is perfect with no skipping!

I've no plans for using it for anything other than media watching/playing, so have not loaded any other software - except Network Magic & ZoneAlarm which don't seem to have given any performance problems. I've heard reviewers questioning the purpose of such a low power PC - well it's perfect for my needs and only cost 200!!