Profile for Lesley > Reviews

Content by Lesley

Lesley "Lesley" (N Ireland)

Padders Women's Repose Lilac Fleece and Fur Lined 406 7 UK
Padders Women's Repose Lilac Fleece and Fur Lined 406 7 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 28 Sep 2014
Bit small fitting, sole a bit flimsy, but cosy all the same.

Anker® A7908 Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker with Super-Sized 4W Driver & up to 20 Hours of Playtime - White
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Like previous reviwers i cannot praise this little speaker enough, 28 Sep 2014
Like previous reviwers i cannot praise this little speaker enough. I was looking for a speaker to use with my ipod, mostly at home, but perhaps to take away on holiday also. I looked at the Bose Soundlink Mini but £160 was a lot more than i wanted to spend on a speaker that i wasn't sure i really needed ! I saw this and i thought for £30 i couldn't go wrong - especially with so many people singing its praises. And at that price, if using it turned out to be a phase, then i wouldn't be down £160 ! Well i've had this little speaker over a week now and i've used it every day, it comes with me round all the rooms of the house ! For such a tiny speaker it produces great volume, no distortion of sound, and none of that tinny sound that you always worry you'll get with a less expensive stereo purchase. Overall i couldn't be happier - this little cube will be coming on holiday with me everytime. And the e-mail i got from Anker to ask if i had received the item and if i was happy with it was a really nice touch - great customer service. Thank you Anker !

Dulwich Design Stone Leather Travel Jewellery Box 70363
Dulwich Design Stone Leather Travel Jewellery Box 70363

5.0 out of 5 stars Super product, 20 May 2011
I was looking for a decent sized jewellery box that would be useful for home and travel also - and this one fits the bill perfectly ! The two layers are great for separating items that may clink together and the storage space just right without making the box too large overall. I have found plenty of room in the top for several rings and 2 wathches, and the bottom section is perfect for a couple of bangles and a chunky necklace.

Overall size is great, and easy to pop into a large handbag or hand luggage when travelling, the popper closures are nice and secure too. Leather and lining are both excellent quality - a super product all round from Dulwich Designs !

And incidently i ordered this from Amazon's preferred retailer 'I Adore your gifts and Jewellery' on a Thursday morning and it arrived in the post on Friday lunchtime - all the way to me in Northern Ireland ! What about that for speedy service !!

How Many Miles to Babylon?
How Many Miles to Babylon?
by Jennifer Johnston

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent - a book to read and re-read, 10 Dec 2008
I first read this book at school for GCSE English - and now, 15 years later, I still regularly read it. If ever I find myself searching for a book to read (all those bookworms like me out there will know the feeling - you want a book that will grab you, you want to lose yourself in it's story) I glance in the bookcase and there it is - I find myself reaching for it, I am still engrossed in it, I am still moved by it. Other reviewers have touched on political aspects of the story, the harrowing narrative of the First World War, yes, it's all in there - but the part that gets me is the depth of the friendship between Alec and Jerry, their connection, their loyalty to each other, that's what keeps me gripped everytime - an emotional read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2010 3:03 PM BST