Profile for Andrew Gay > Reviews

Content by Andrew Gay

Andrew Gay (Maidenhead, UK)

Garmin Nuvi 2340 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Western Europe Maps
Garmin Nuvi 2340 4.3" Sat Nav with UK and Western Europe Maps
Offered by CoolSound-Superstore

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Jun 2011
I owned a TomTom XL until it was stolen recently from my car, I thought I would try a different make and wished I hadn't. I liked the thin form factor and general look and feel, but found the menu system a little alien and the information displayed on the screen quite limited, you could only display one of time, time to destination, distance to destination etc. What really let the Garmin down was its inability to plan a decent route, it ignored main roads which would logically be the fastest choice and repeatedly took me down the smallest unpaved or even deadend roads, it also refused to ask me to turn around if I had made a mistake or started off in the wrong direction, instead it would plan out the most tortuous detour to take me around in a big loop. Needless to say I returned the Garmin as I did not consider it to be fit for purpose and have just bought a new TomTom instead.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2011 8:38 PM BST

Prince O3 Tour Squash Racket / Racquet
Prince O3 Tour Squash Racket / Racquet

5.0 out of 5 stars Prince O3 Tour, 20 July 2009
A combination of great feel and power, I think that it is the best racket I have played with. As this model is now a few years old and Prince have moved on, you can get it for a bargain price - well worth it.