Profile for aging muso > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sound + Vision
Sound + Vision

5.0 out of 5 stars Roll On Christmas, 18 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Sound + Vision (Audio CD)
Having bought this as a christmas present for myself, I am looking forward to opening and listening to this very attractive package - roll on Xmas !!!!

Who's Next
Who's Next
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great package available at great price, 18 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Who's Next (Audio CD)
Having previously only bought a couple of Who compilation albums previously, i bought "Tommy" at an amazingly low price in a local supermarket. Having been so impressed with "Tommy, I have since bought "The Who Sell Out" and "Who's Next" in very quick succession. "Who's Next" is an excellent album. While I initially listened to "Baba o' Riley", "Won't get fooled again (long version)" and "Behind Blue Eyes", I have since got to love the whole package however. The bonus tracks are very good. The remastering of this album is excellent. A very worthwhile purchase - highly recommended.

Paris Match
Paris Match

5.0 out of 5 stars A great album package, 18 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Paris Match (Audio CD)
Having bought the album on vinyl when first released, i have long awaited for the album to be released on CD. It was with some excitement (sad for a 50+ man) that I ordered the album on CD. The album sounds great on headphones and you can even more appreciate the great production and care that went into making this album. While, I'm not sure how often I'll listen to the plethora of bonus tracks, these ARE a bonus to the album package and makes it even more of worthwhile purchase. It's shame that the Glitter Band released their some of best material in the latter part of the 70's yet they did not make the charts with these releases. This album is up there with "Listen to the band".

Sunshine Soul - 20 Scorching Soul Classics
Sunshine Soul - 20 Scorching Soul Classics
Offered by b68solutions

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition To My Collection, 5 Sept. 2013
It was during a Trawl of Amazon for "Sunshine Pop", that I came across this album. I listened to the album preview of all the tracks and was impressed. They were all the original recordings and sounded great. While I had a few of the tracks, the bargain price meant it was too good to refuse. This album is great to chill out to and is highly recommended. Nice Cover Too !!!!! Delivered very promptly and at a great price.

Hollywood: The Pioneers
Hollywood: The Pioneers
by Kevin Brownlow

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Buy, 5 Sept. 2013
Having recently viewed two documentaries on BBC Three on the subject of the history of Hollywood Divas and Clara Bow, this reignited a previously dimmed love of early Hollywood. I remembered watching the original TV series (brilliantly narrated by James Mason) and checked to see if the series was available on DVD. Alas this was not the case. However, I noticed that the associated book WAS available to buy on Amazon. I immediately ordered the book and it arrived very promptly. This has been a FANTASTIC buy. It is principally packed with photographs of the the early era of Hollywood with supporting text. The book is brilliant and can be picked up and read from any chapter you feel in the mood to read. This brought back memories of the late 70's when the TV series was shown. I hope that this TV series will be shown at some point. In the meantime, enjoy the book !!!!!

Russ Ballard/Winning/At The Th
Russ Ballard/Winning/At The Th
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth The Wait, 5 Sept. 2013
My earliest recollection of Russ Ballard (solo artist) was seeing him on an ITV afternoon pop program (Lift Off With Ayshea ?) when he performed to "Fly Away". This was his first solo single and preceded the solo debut album "Russ Ballard". I had heard "Fly Away" a few times on the radio and immediately fell in love with it. Unfortunately, it was one of those turntable hits which never became a hit - such a shame. I never forgot this track however. A year or so later my brother came back from a school holiday abroad and gave me a present. He had bought the debut album "Russ Ballard" for me !!! It must have been meant to be. I was not disappointed - the album was brilliant with great songs and filler tracks. I was so impressed with Mr Ballard that I subsequently bought "The Best Of Argent" (Ballard was their lead singer). I then bought his follow up solo album "Winning" - while not as immediate as the debut, this album has become even more of a favourite. It was always my hope that both albums would be released on CD. To have THREE albums released together for the price of a single album was brilliant. I can't recommend this package any higher !!!!!! BUY IT !!!!!!

One Sunny Day: Singles And Rarities 1968-1978
One Sunny Day: Singles And Rarities 1968-1978
Offered by jim-exselecky

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile purchase, 19 July 2013
Having just recently bought Design's third and fourth albums (re-issued on a single disc), I was that impressed with the music, I just had to add to this. With this in mind, I bought One Sunny Day. As a compilation of individual tracks (singles, demos and unreleased tracks). This album was delivered promptly and was eagerly anticipated. I was NOT disappointed. As you would expect, his album does not flow musically as well as the "proper" albums. Outside of this, it is still an excellent album and worthwhile purchase. While some tracks grab you on first listening, other's may take a few listens (not a bad thing). I have got to love Design so much in such a short time, that i am now ordering the first two albums. This is a worthwhile purchase who loves quality sunshine pop. Go try it !!!!

SOOPER Green with Kick Stand Defender Heavy Duty Protective Hard Full Body Cover Case For Apple iPhone 5 5G (Green with Kick Stand)
Offered by Sooper UK

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER BUY, 19 July 2013
This has proven to be an inspired purchase. It has already proven its worth, saving my phone on more than one occasion when dropped. I highly recommend this product.

Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml bottle
Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml bottle

5.0 out of 5 stars A False Economy Not To Buy It, 15 Jun. 2013
I previously bought a Fellowes cross cut mini shredder and was very pleased with it's performance. However, I made the mistake of failing to maintain the shredder with oil lubrication. The bottom line, my previous shredder siezed up and was unable to be revived. A costly mistake. Therefore when I looked to replace my previous shredder, I made sure I obtained the required oil to maintain its blades. This has proven to be a worthwhile investment and has been applied on my current shredder after I have had a shredding session. Shredder Maintenance ? You know it makes sense!!!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product delivered promptly, 15 Jun. 2013
My son has just had his teeth braces removed and given his retainers to maintain the improvement in his teeth. This product needed to be delivered quickly in order for him to maintain the good work. I was very happy at the speed the product arrived on my doorstep and with the product itself. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4