Profile for J. D. Hessey > Reviews

Content by J. D. Hessey

J. D. Hessey "dutchdalek" (Netherlands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Promithi 24 LED Hook Hanged Lantern Camping Tent Hanger Light Lamp for Car Hiking Fishing
Offered by PromithiDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm very happy with it as it wasn't expensive and does the ..., 8 Aug. 2015
I bought this as a small tent light. The ball in socket joint at the base of the hook is stiff and allows angled positions to be set. Not sure how long it will stay that way. i suspect it will work loose with use. I'm very happy with it as it wasn't expensive and does the job. It was a little difficult to screw back together as the screws only locate in a small plastic column and you cant see where to aim the screw but once back together i hope the batteries last long enough to avoid changing too often. It has only been used on one trip so far and worked well - bright enough and withstood all the knocks and bumps associated with packing up. About 8-10cm diameter it is a small compact tent light.

Milestone Camping Brush Tent Dustpan Set - Red
Milestone Camping Brush Tent Dustpan Set - Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well for its size, 18 July 2015
A camping dustpan and brush is essential kit to get rid of the sand/grass/stones etc that are walked in. This one is very small and packs flat.
It does what it should and doesn't take up too much space.

Robens - Cabin 300 Tent 2015
Robens - Cabin 300 Tent 2015
Offered by Caseys Outdoor Leisure

4.0 out of 5 stars This tent is luxurious and well designed, 18 July 2015
This tent is luxurious. It was easy enough to put up single handed but would definitely need two people in windy conditions. I love the space and height in the living area. No more bending and wet necks as you enter the tent.
At 12kg it is quite heavy and cumbersome. The design of the tent bag is good allowing extra space for hurriedly folding in rainy conditions.
I intend to use this tent as a base camp, but it is easy to put up/take down so could also be used for touring. After being used to smaller tents it feels luxurious and the attention to detail is good. Zipped inner to spread the stress on the fly and if you want to move/remove it to create more living space temporarily you can easily do that. It has inner pockets for essentials. Covered door entry. Ventilation to prevent condensation on the inside of the fly.Huge windows to appreciate the view. I hope the mosquito netting is small enough to be midge proof. It seems way smaller than necessary for mosquitos. It doesn't claim to be but a reviewer on 'youtube' said it kept them at bay. I am trying it in Scotland next month so will answer that question afterwards. Hence only four stars.

Vango Monarch Folding Chair
Vango Monarch Folding Chair
Offered by Springfield Camping Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Noise gratefully abated, 13 July 2015
This review is from: Vango Monarch Chair (Sports)
These chairs originally made a terrible noise when you sat on them but after a quick application or coconut oil, (probably any lubricant) they are great. This involved unscrewing the back canvas and reattaching after greasing, but well worth the effort as i was all set for returning them because of the noise!

Ronhill Women's Trackster Evolution - Black, 12 UK
Ronhill Women's Trackster Evolution - Black, 12 UK
Offered by Hike Bike and Ride

4.0 out of 5 stars The size 10 is perfect for me, 13 July 2015
Although normally a size 12 i bought these in a size 10. The 12 were too long and baggy around the crotch area. The size 10 is perfect for me.

Berghaus Women's Navigator Stretch Pant - Blue Black, Size 12/31
Berghaus Women's Navigator Stretch Pant - Blue Black, Size 12/31

4.0 out of 5 stars ... as i am short 5' 2" but otherwise a comfortable trouser. Cool, 13 July 2015
i had to take the em up as i am short 5' 2" but otherwise a comfortable trouser. Cool. Have not yet had them really wet to see how quickly they dry but as they are very lightweight I would hope it would be a short time.

Kampa - Hi-Lo Table Medium
Kampa - Hi-Lo Table Medium
Offered by Motorhome Accessories Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern version of an old favourite, 13 July 2015
This review is from: Kampa - Hi-Lo Table Medium
I haven't used this in situe yet but bought it because you can adjust the height of the legs for uneven ground. It packs flat and I have made a carrying case (anti scratch) for it myself. Pretty big (table top size) flat but it goes in the boot first. I am a little concerned about the plastic catch for the legs underneath . My old one had a steel catch and is still going strong so I hope this lasts as long. Otherwise looks substantial and I am very happy with it.

The Settlers of Catan Expansion: Seafarers
The Settlers of Catan Expansion: Seafarers
Offered by SUNRISE JAPAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game. I bought the original in the Netherlands ..., 7 Feb. 2015
Excellent game. I bought the original in the Netherlands for my son many years ago and had to leave it and the extension packs on my move back to the uk. Have since replaced most of it. We as a family love this game as it is always different and there are always many ways to play it.

LK243 SWATCH Strawberry Jam **STRAP ONLY** STRAP ONLY**
LK243 SWATCH Strawberry Jam **STRAP ONLY** STRAP ONLY**
Offered by watchesbytimepiece

4.0 out of 5 stars Rated good and not excellent only because it is a little ..., 7 Feb. 2015
Rated good and not excellent only because it is a little pricey. I have a few small swatch watches and like to mix and match watches and straps. I have adapted 'normal' leather watch straps by cutting out the castelations but not always successfully so try to pick up straps where I can. (The straps always look worn out before the watches themselves). This is a nice red colour and I am very happy with it. Shame it was so expensive, but bought it anyway as it was exactly what I wanted.

Womdee(TM) Fashion Woman Ultra Soft Paris Yarn Gorgeous Elephant Print Long Scarf Shawl Wrap-Grey With Womdee Accessory
Offered by DS-Mart.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the print, 12 Nov. 2014
Lovely soft large scarf. I love the print. Came with a largish wooden cross necklace with a tag with a message in incorrect English.
Quote "I feel about you makes my heart lone to be free". The cross was terrible but the scarf, which is what I ordered this item for, is super and just what I wanted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3