Profile for J. D. Hessey > Reviews

Content by J. D. Hessey

J. D. Hessey "dutchdalek" (Netherlands)

Page: 1 | 2
Womdee(TM) Fashion Woman Ultra Soft Paris Yarn Gorgeous Elephant Print Long Scarf Shawl Wrap-Grey With Womdee Accessory
Offered by Womdee

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the print, 12 Nov 2014
Lovely soft large scarf. I love the print. Came with a largish wooden cross necklace with a tag with a message in incorrect English.
Quote "I feel about you makes my heart lone to be free". The cross was terrible but the scarf, which is what I ordered this item for, is super and just what I wanted.

Umbra Tub Dish Rack, White
Umbra Tub Dish Rack, White
Offered by Toys and Interiors

5.0 out of 5 stars All in one piece and easy to clean (with a long handed brush) it is ..., 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: Umbra Tub Dish Rack, White (Misc.)
Exactly what I wanted - a small drying rack that sits above the draining board most days, (suitable for two people) but can be moved over to the none draining side when more dishes require draining. The drain hole does not protrude but you can position the whole rack to drain over the sink. All in one piece and easy to clean (with a long handed brush) it is easy to move about with the carrying handles and small enough to fit my very small draining board. Excellent for moderate use for two people and occasional use for more.

Gigaset C620A Cordless Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call Blocking (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent house phone, 23 July 2014
So far so good. After two weeks with this phone I am loving it. The answer machine is great (15mins message time) and I have had no nuisance calls yet, but that might just be because my number is new and they haven't discovered me yet. I had a Siemens gigaset before but this one allows more than one number to be stored per person (home/work/mobile) so you don't need so many entries. Sound quality is fine as ever with Siemens. I like the option of the analogue clock when the phone is sitting in the charger. I am finding I am glancing at it from across the room as I don't yet have a wall clock and perhaps now wont need one. It is still early days and I am still entering all my numbers but find it easy to do so and once you have done it on one handset you can transfer them all in one go to the other.

All Trade Direct 28 Mixed Amp Domestic 240V Household Mains Plug Fuse Electrical Cartridge Fuses
Offered by BulbsTubes

5.0 out of 5 stars Good selection, 23 July 2014
Assuming the fuse does its job then the selection pack was a great idea. I needed a few low amp fuses and so I decided to buy this so I had spares. Most plugs come fitted with 13A fuses which is too high for a lot of things and damage will be done before the fuse blows. Arrived very quickly through the post box in padded envelope.

Honestly Healthy for Life: Healthy Alternatives for Everyday Eating
Honestly Healthy for Life: Healthy Alternatives for Everyday Eating
by Natasha Corrett

5.0 out of 5 stars More excellent recipes!, 10 May 2014
We started 'alkaline' eating to see if it had effect on my daughters depression. We weren't bad eaters before regarding fruit and vegetables but ate a lot of bread/pasta/cereal and milk products. Eating like this is strange at the start but you get used to it.

In the beginning it was costly establishing a store of all the core ingredients. Luckily I had a blender. It also took more time to prepare the food. I seemed to be chopping for ever! But as with everything practice makes perfect and we are doing very well on it.

Having started with the first book 'honestly healthy' and liked it, this book gives different recipes to choose from.

The chapter choice I found a little strange in the beginning. Not starters / main / desserts as you would expect but I always use the handy oversight recipe table , to find what I am looking for quickly.

I cannot say that this food cures depression but as a non depressed person it has helped flatten my stomach, made me feel more energetic, improved my metabolic rate (I think) and very slowly I am losing weight. Although I am full every day I am not eating any sugary things (but plenty of lovely desserts and cakes!).The changes I feel can, I think, for anyone lighten your mood. Who doesn't want to skip around with an 'unbloated' flat tummy!.

The down sides are the cost of the food itself and the initial (whilst you are starting out) increased preparation time.

Positives: obvious health benefits and possibly a reduced gas bill as I am cooking less!

The book is excellent giving lots of information over the food you are eating and what it does for you. The first section is a good read in itself even if you decide not to try the recipes.

We have been doing this for over a month now so time will tell I think but we plan to continue and I am looking forward to more recipes in the third book (please?)

Prestige Pressure Cooker Spares Ready To Serve Indicator - 2 Piece
Prestige Pressure Cooker Spares Ready To Serve Indicator - 2 Piece

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Sep 2013
Just the part I wanted. Delivered quickly. My pressure cooker is 30years old and I have had one new seal and now a replacement broken indicator. Consider its use i think this is excellent from Prestige!

Nigella Lawson Living Kitchen Herb Chopper Brushed
Nigella Lawson Living Kitchen Herb Chopper Brushed

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it., 31 Aug 2013
I have been looking for one of these for ages and chose this after reading a revue on amazon. It is used primarily for herbs but also garlic and cheese. Easily washable in the dishwasher. The only drawback is its size(takes up a lot of space in the drawer),but that is also why it works so well. I am very happy with it.

Favourite SCOTTISH Recipes: Traditional Caledonian Fare
Favourite SCOTTISH Recipes: Traditional Caledonian Fare
by Johanna Mathie

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent present., 31 Aug 2013
As an expat I bought 10 of these to give as part of a 'Scottish' basket I had made up myself for my colleagues as a present. I looked for a recipe book that was cheap and cheerful and was very pleased with the result and the recipes are quite traditional. I was pleasantly surprised to find illustrations around the recipes which made the booklet more attractive. Good value for money.

Scottish Meat Recipes (Favourite Recipes)
Scottish Meat Recipes (Favourite Recipes)

4.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 31 Aug 2013
Excellent booklet. Much more than I expected for the price. I also bought the Fish and Scottish Favourite recipes too.

Scottish Fish Recipes (Favourite Recipes)
Scottish Fish Recipes (Favourite Recipes)
by Johanna Mathie

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth its money!, 31 Aug 2013
A nice little booklet with more illustrations than I had expected. Haven't tried the recipes as yet but wanted it also as part of a gift and was very pleased with it for that.

Page: 1 | 2