Profile for C. Homer > Reviews

Content by C. Homer

C. Homer (London, England)

Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Olympus OM Zuiko Lens to MFT Micro 4/3 (Four Thirds) System Camera Mount Adapter, for Olympus Pen E-PL1, E-P2, Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, G2, GH2, GF1, GH1 G10,
Offered by Lumičre-Shop Siegward Schmitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Great adapter for OM to lumix gf2, 11 Jun 2011
I bought this because I had three old olympus lenses and a macro extension for an OM2 camera.
After ordering it did take quite a while to arrive but now I have received it I am very pleased and amazed with how good the quality is.
Please note that these converter will double the zoom on any of the OM lenses turning my 50mm into a good portrait lens.
The only complaint which is not to do with this converter and more the gf2 is that even with a lens that is completely manual there is still no way of seeing the exposure that you will get when the picture is taken but that is a small thing.

Panasonic Lumix GF2 Digital Camera with 14mm Lens - Black
Panasonic Lumix GF2 Digital Camera with 14mm Lens - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, 23 May 2011
I bought this camera because I wanted a camera that I could take around more easily than the SLR camera I had. I saw a friend who had this camera and looked into other cameras of this type. I think the main choice was between this and the sony nex-5. After reading most reviews it seemed to be the case that even with a smaller sensor this generally gets better shots.
I have had this camera a week and would say the build of this camera is really good. The menus are really easy to get around and it isn't complicated.
The pros of the GF2 are: easy to take around, very quick in auto mode, has a zoom in mode automatically when on manual focus, amazing quality snaps - not much different from my nikon d80, separate buttons for video and snaps so don't have to go through a menu for that, has an HDMI socket on the side, great flash.
The cons are: no viewfinder (but you can buy one), not so responsive in low light to auto focus, have to reconvert video at highest quality when you put it to the computer.

Apple Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter / Converter cable by CablessonĀ® ( for Unibody MacBook - Pro - Air etc. ) IMPROVED WITH AUDIO
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 15 Feb 2011
To say how cheap this product is, it is really amazing what it does. Have plugged in in to a load of different TV's and always straight on and transmitting high quality with sound. Delivery was lightening fast. Took less than a day from when I ordered it. Nice one.

Vax Mach 2 VZL-6012 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner No Loss of Suction
Vax Mach 2 VZL-6012 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner No Loss of Suction

5.0 out of 5 stars great purchase, 4 Jun 2009
Previous to this I have owned a dyson but in all honesty would have to say this is a lot better than that. I have used it around the house and am amazed how much it has got out of the carpet.