Profile for A. Higgins > Reviews

Ladies / Womens Large Leather Matinee Purse with Mulitple Features - Cerise
Ladies / Womens Large Leather Matinee Purse with Mulitple Features - Cerise
Offered by SNUGRUGS

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great value for money, 12 May 2016
Lovely soft leather, well designed . This is great value for money. Very pleased .

County Cruiser Wheelbarrow: Big Brother to County Clipper, green
County Cruiser Wheelbarrow: Big Brother to County Clipper, green
Offered by Sam Turner & Sons

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 April 2016
Big and strong wheelbarrow perfect for equestrians . Very pleased with goods and service would recommend .

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Jan. 2016
Very pleased with quality and service.

Conversations with McCartney
Conversations with McCartney
by Paul Du Noyer

5.0 out of 5 stars From the man himself, 29 Nov. 2015
Great read. Have read so many music biographies, of all standards, but it's always great to let the subject set the record straight. This is a fab book , a fitting tribute to a legend. Treat yourself.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2016 2:52 AM BST

IMAK Active Arthritis Compression Gloves (Grey, Small)
IMAK Active Arthritis Compression Gloves (Grey, Small)
Offered by Creston

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy to wear, feel soothing., 1 April 2015
Comfy to wear , feel soothing.

Mick Jagger
Mick Jagger
by Philip Norman

5.0 out of 5 stars How do you follow this ?, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mick Jagger (Hardcover)
I reached the end of Philip Normans epic today, and have never been so sad to finish a book. I have read a lot of other biographies, some of which were about Mick Jagger but this is THE ONE. It is a gripping read from chapter one, and it has been a joy to read each one of the 597 pages. This book does not fall into the trap of highlighting the sensational, like so many others before, but gives a mind blowing amount of impartial information about all areas of this incredible life and career. I don't think you need to be a Stones fan to enjoy this, because it is a fabulous insight into music history. Did you have to 'be there' to fully appreciate Jagger's contribution ? I really don't think so, because we are still fortunate enough to be able to witness the supreme showman in action.(What did we do before Youtube?) This is as near as most of us will get to taking a look into the unique world of Rock Royalty, and lets face it , you couldn't make up crazier stuff than this. So...is he the supreme extrovert who prefers discretion, a supreme egotist who dislikes talking about himself ? Who knows, read this excellent book, and decide for yourself. It can't really be 50 years !!!!

King Edward VIII
King Edward VIII
by Philip Ziegler

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the effort, 26 Jan. 2013
This review is from: King Edward VIII (Paperback)
I only read biographies, and am very selective with the subject matter. I was slightly daunted when I saw the size of this book, as I was not convinced that it would be interesting enough to warrant the time and effort necessary to read it. I could not have been more wrong. This is an excellent book, one of the best I have read. The author gives an extremely detailed and unbiased insight into the life and character of the man who is only really known as the king who abdicated for love. I found the whole book engrossing, which I had not expected, and was always reluctant to put it down. The impartial yet meticulous style of the author leaves the reader free to form their own opinions about this infamous royal, but provides a huge amount of information to help make this possible. You do not need any real interest in royalty to enjoy this book. It is a fascinating, well written look at a man who changed history. Well worth the effort !!

You... (Emma Dodd Series)
You... (Emma Dodd Series)
by Emma Dodd
Edition: Board book

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuddle up, 8 Nov. 2011
A fabulous little book, my two yr old grandson knows it off by heart. A great message , and a great excuse to cuddle up and let them know how much you love them.

Have You Seen the Crocodile?
Have You Seen the Crocodile?
by Colin West

3.0 out of 5 stars Not our favourite, 8 July 2011
I bought this book for my young grandson, having loved 'Not Me said the Monkey' and 'Pardon, said the Giraffe', by the same author. These two books are wonderful, and I love reading them, as much as he loves listening to them. I have to say however, that I don't think this one is in the same league...and neither does he. If you are looking for a great book, that's a bit different, choose one of the others.

Perfect Puppy: Take Britain's Number One Puppy Care Book With You!
Perfect Puppy: Take Britain's Number One Puppy Care Book With You!
by Gwen Bailey

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Guide, 8 July 2011
I bought this book as a gift for my brother, having used it myself, when I got my last puppy two years ago. I have had dogs all my life, but found it really interesting and full of good tips. It's easy to dip into, and has something for everybody. My brother really enjoyed it, and said it was the best puppy book he had read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3