Profile for A. > Reviews

Content by A.

A.

Sock Innovation: Knitting Techniques & Patterns for One-of-a-Kind Socks: Knitting Techniques and Patterns for One-of-a Kind Socks
by Cookie Apichairuk
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 3 July 2014
There are patterns suitable for beginners to experts, they are well designed and not your typical plain, lumpy socks. I really love how each pattern has a story behind it, and the explanations on how to measure feet for socks etc. at the beginning are really helpful for beginners like me.

How I Live Now
How I Live Now
by Meg Rosoff
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Rushed., 3 July 2014
This review is from: How I Live Now (Paperback)
I was hoping this would be better. The pace seems rushed, which becomes more understandable at the end but while you're reading it, it just seems annoying. Rosoff also seems to make out that England is some sort of fantastical land where children can smoke and drive cars around small idyllic villages, so I found myself imagining an Enid Blyton style England which felt completely out of context. I just wish the author had taken more time to fill out the plot and the characters a bit more.

Vampire Vacation (The V V Inn Book 1)
Vampire Vacation (The V V Inn Book 1)
Price: 2.42

2.0 out of 5 stars Good for a quick-read., 3 July 2014
While the idea is interesting, I couldn't get over how cliched it was. Maybe it will appeal to those looking for a quick and easy read, but I wouldn't read this again.

A.I. Apocalypse (Singularity Series Book 2)
A.I. Apocalypse (Singularity Series Book 2)
Price: 2.38

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious., 3 July 2014
I really tried to get further than a few chapters into this book, but I just couldn't do it. The protagonist is dislikeable (caring more about himself than the life of his uncle), the plot is cliched (Underground Russian mob versus Americans, A.I. gone mad...) and the author tries too hard to make his characters 'unique' (Leon is a Super-genius built like a Jock who 'doesn't fit in any of the usual groups'). I'm glad I got the free kindle version as I'd never waste my money on this rubbish.

Banya: The Explosive Delivery Man Volume 1
Banya: The Explosive Delivery Man Volume 1
by Kim Young-Oh

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning., 3 July 2014
Stunning, detailed artwork and an enthralling storyline. This is a great book for those who are just starting their graphic collection, or if they're new to Korean 'Manhwa'.

Saihoshi The Guardian Omnibus (Yaoi)
Saihoshi The Guardian Omnibus (Yaoi)
by KOSEN
Price: 8.65

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but dull., 3 July 2014
Beautiful artwork, otherwise I was quite disappointed by the storyline, it barely held my attention to the end.

Silver Diamond Volume 1
Silver Diamond Volume 1
by Shiho Sugiura

3.0 out of 5 stars Average., 3 July 2014
Average. I'd like to see how the story progresses, and some of the ideas are interesting (plants as weapons etc.) but it's otherwise pretty typical.