Profile for Mr. J. J. M. Omara > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. J. M. Omara

Mr. J. J. M. Omara "rabbitears" (london uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
De'Longhi HCS2053T Convector Heater, Wall Mountable with Timer - 3 Kilowatt
De'Longhi HCS2053T Convector Heater, Wall Mountable with Timer - 3 Kilowatt
Price: 62.54

2.0 out of 5 stars For fans of burning plastic/electric smell, 20 July 2014
This heater has always made a slightly unpleasant smell - heaters always tend to mention that when new a smell is likely, however with this model the smell gets worse with time. I only use this as a last resort on the coldest days of the year now, fearing a house fire. Two stars as admittedly it does still work, even if I don't like to use it.

MDM04 Single LED/LCD Monitor Stand w/ Swivel Arm & Desk Clamp
MDM04 Single LED/LCD Monitor Stand w/ Swivel Arm & Desk Clamp
Offered by eHome
Price: 29.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A strong arm, 20 July 2014
A great space saving addition, very sturdy, my only complaint is that it can be a hassle to adjust once it's been set up, so perhaps not ideal for anyone who moves their monitor around a great deal. Luckily, I don't.

BenQ GW2450HM 24-inch Full HD LED Monitor
BenQ GW2450HM 24-inch Full HD LED Monitor
Offered by Tick UK
Price: 146.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, entry level monitor, 20 July 2014
For the price I can't complain, but the colour reproduction is so far inferior to the Apple and Samsung brand displays I'm used to, this only ever sees use as a last resort. No matter how much I play with the colour profile of the monitor, it comes across harsh and cheap. If I had had a bigger budget at the time I would very much regret this purchase.

Kensington Portable Combination Laptop Lock
Kensington Portable Combination Laptop Lock
Price: 21.82

5.0 out of 5 stars A good security option where options are limited, 20 July 2014
This is exactly what I expected to receive, however it would be nice if kensington locks were a little sturdier. I can't help thinking a strong pair of pliers would do the trick. Luckily, this theory hasn't been tested.

Apple IPAD MINI Cellular 16 GB 512 MB 7.9 -inch LCD
Apple IPAD MINI Cellular 16 GB 512 MB 7.9 -inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Downgrade to upgrade!, 20 July 2014
I didn't see it coming, but I actually prefer the iPad mini to the original. Perfectly portable, great build quality as you would expect from Apple. I would guess most people would prefer this form factor, unless they really need a bigger screen for some reason.

Logic Studio Upgrade from Logic Pro, Logic Studio (Mac)
Logic Studio Upgrade from Logic Pro, Logic Studio (Mac)
Offered by On Time Guarantee
Price: 140.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtle upgrade, 20 July 2014
It's great to see this suite becoming more Apple-esque - each update since their acquisition has made Logic slightly easier to use. That said, you don't need to upgrade from Garageband unless you're happy to familiarise yourself well with Logic.

James Martin Mini Grinder ZX595 150 Watt, Stainless Steel
James Martin Mini Grinder ZX595 150 Watt, Stainless Steel
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 20 July 2014
Several years on, I still grind all my coffee with this mini beast. It takes a while to get over exposing your fingers to the blade to clean the thing, but unplugged it hasn't jolted in to action with any residual voltage thus far! I (unscientifically) count 15 for filter coffee and 25 for espresso - you can hear the sound of the grind changing as the grind becomes finer and once you're used to it sound it out that way too.

Harman/Kardon Soundsticks III 2.1 Channel Multimedia Sound System
Harman/Kardon Soundsticks III 2.1 Channel Multimedia Sound System
Offered by home AV direct
Price: 99.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality, 20 July 2014
I gave this brand a shot as the speakers they produced for the old iMacs were lovely, however having experienced two of these - one I owned and one owned by family - both have had build failings which make the product totally unsatisfactory. One failed within a year, and the other developed a fuzz in one speaker which for an audiophile makes the speakers unusable. The sound is good while they work - but they don't seem to work for long. Disappointing.

The Complete Marquis de Sade, Vol. 1
The Complete Marquis de Sade, Vol. 1
by Marquis de Sade
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars truly a classic, 20 July 2014
Often overlooked due to the adult themes, I would recommend the Marquis to any fan of the classics with the stomach for the subject material.

Breville VHB070 3-in-1 600 W Red Hand Blender Set
Breville VHB070 3-in-1 600 W Red Hand Blender Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the dishwasher, 20 July 2014
Unfortunately not totally dishwasher safe, the red components leaked glue when washed and I am now uncomfortable using those parts. I have a ken wood device I now prefer.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3