Profile for David, Brighton UK > Reviews

The Uninvited
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 24 Oct 2014
Sat for 40 minutes and watched flashbacks and poor acting. Look elsewhere.

Booq Mamba Courier for 13 inch Macbook and Laptop - Black
Booq Mamba Courier for 13 inch Macbook and Laptop - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Good bag, not durable, 5 Feb 2013
I loved this bag. Easily fit my MacBook, lunch, notepads, and winterwear. Looks compact but there is actually quite a bit of room in there.

I have a punishing daily commute (4 hours a day on bus, trains, subway) and, unfortunately, the bag wasn't up to the task. It only lasted a month before the material started to fray and wear out. So I returned it.

The bag as received was a 4 or 5 star bag - I was not happy about parting with it. But the durability sucked and, based on other reviews here, I am hoping that my issue was an isolated one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2013 9:32 PM BST

Eco-Nique Natural Hemp Brown Case Cover for 6-inch Amazon Kindle 3/Global Wireless - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the product, but "eco" is a bit misleading, 8 Jan 2011
I bought this because I liked the way it looked like a book but then you open it up and you get to see your precious Kindle inside...

However, I was also sold on the "eco" "natural" bit- I don't generally buy leather goods. So I was surprised to open this up and see loads of leather on the interior- where was all of that sturdy hemp?

I confess I did not do my due diligence- I read the reviews, looked at the thumbnails for the other pics, and bought it because it seemed more than suitable. Only when you look at the full product description does it indicate that it has leather in it.

A splash of hemp on the cover may make something earthy but not "eco". Just my twopence. Otherwise, this is an excellent case, one I reluctantly will keep.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2011 6:48 PM GMT

Rudo Y Cursi
Rudo Y Cursi

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you, Juana, 16 Sep 2010
This review is from: Rudo Y Cursi (MP3 Download)
This song continues with the rhythmic and direct approach of Juana's prior album, Un Día. I love that album dearly. But it is much more accessible than any of the songs on Un Día and, for that, it feels like a reconciliation between art and pop, without the compromise.

Simple and beautiful, like the best of her songs.

Brilliant Project Management: What the Best Project Managers Know, Say and Do
Brilliant Project Management: What the Best Project Managers Know, Say and Do
by Mr Stephen Barker

4.0 out of 5 stars Pragmatic, Honest Project Management Resource, 16 Sep 2010
This book serves project managers that want to liberate a bit from a process-heavy mindset. It is also a great resource for newbies to get an idea of what are typical boundaries for a project manager role.

I found it relatively jargon-free, realistic, and a good resource when I just want ideas to work from. It is not a complete how-to that will outline the steps for a successful project. Rather, it is a wayfinding tool to get you thinking about the right things that you can then work into more formalised processes.

Refreshing and quick.

Black Noise
Black Noise

4.0 out of 5 stars Bliss, 16 Sep 2010
This review is from: Black Noise (MP3 Download)
Icy minimal techno. Surprisingly accessible. Flexible enough to be aural wallpaper or deeply engaging compositions.

Wait For Me
Wait For Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 17 Feb 2010
This review is from: Wait For Me (MP3 Download)
Wait For Me is the type of record that could slip by unnoticed while playing in the background. If you give it a proper listen, it is inventive, lovely, and is a piece of work that hangs together as a whole.

I hadn't listened to Moby in years, having lost interest after Play. This album, along with last year's Last Night, show both sides of Moby in top form- introspective musician and nonstop party DJ.

The Social Media Marketing Book
The Social Media Marketing Book
by Dan Zarrella

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, depending on your level of experience, 17 Feb 2010
I am a social media enthusiast and have used many of the tools in the book and followed Mr Zarella's blog. There really wasn't much new here for someone that is already engaged in the technologies but I am not going to knock the book for that since it is a good introduction for someone that is new to social media in general.

I would point people to his blog to keep up in the know- he has had posts as varied as what times of day have the most impact when tweeting.