Profile for Ms. L. E. Jenkinson > Reviews

Content by Ms. L. E. Jenk...

Ms. L. E. Jenkinson "my dear bernard" (Hants,)

A Midwinter's Tale
A Midwinter's Tale
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the right film, 7 July 2016
This review is from: A Midwinter's Tale (Amazon Video)
Er, when I try and watch this I'm getting some old black-and-White movie called 'Baby Doll' based on a Tenessee Williams play?

JEP01 Hippy Hippie Boho Festival Peacock Genie Aladdin Harem Pants Trousers Jumpsuit (PINK)
Offered by BenThaiProducts UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but don't last., 1 May 2016
I love these and was pleased they fit as I have v wide hips. They're very comfy and actually fit to be worn in public. But, after two months of light weekend wear and three washes, they're seriously frayed around the leg elastic and I'm not expecting them to last much longer. For the quality, I could have bought better in Primark for a tenner.

Lavalier Microphone for iPhone & Android Smartphone, Laptop Macbook with Lapel Clip
Offered by SouthWave

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with iPhone 6, 1 May 2016
Looks great, but no instructions given and didn't work with my iPhone 6 (I tried with different apps for an hour - only the actual iPhone mic was picked up.)
Basically, not fit for purpose. Disappointing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2016 8:10 AM BST

GCSE Religious Studies OCR B
GCSE Religious Studies OCR B
by Michael Hoebee

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended to my students, 5 Feb. 2016
Having read this I've recommended it to my students as an excellent revision guide, especially for those hoping to achieve the top grades. The main commendation I'd give it is that it's incredibly approachable, which is so important at KS4. Although most teachers hate having to teach to the assessment objectives, this does it without letting them get in the way of the intrinsic subject knowledge. Brilliant.

Hednoise Street Over Ear Headphones - White
Hednoise Street Over Ear Headphones - White
Offered by Hale Communications

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty?, 3 Sept. 2015
I'm a bit confused - I thought they were just a bit crap because I could only hear the instrumentals and bass of songs and very little vocals. Then I accidentally pressed the button that I think is meant to mute the microphone, and suddenly the vocals were crystal clear. The button doesn't stay down though, so I've had to tape it. Is the button in wrong?
Otherwise, nice and comfy for wearing in the office.

W. H. Auden: Poems (Poet to Poet)
W. H. Auden: Poems (Poet to Poet)
by W.H. Auden

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, 29 Mar. 2013
The 'Look Inside' version of this collection actually seems to pertain to the now out-of-print Mendelson 'Selected Poems'. From a teaching point of view, in trying to locate an collection that actually contains the required poems for the IGCSE CIE course for students, this is incredibly lax of the publisher and constitutes false advertising.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2013 10:57 AM BST

Swansong
Swansong

5.0 out of 5 stars An editor's dream, 10 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Swansong (Kindle Edition)
Yes, I'm the editor of this memoir, but I'm an incredibly picky editor whom doesn't edit things she doesn't like. I'm delighted to be able to say that I read the book three times - and only one of those was for work. There is so much on offer in 'Swansong', and whether you're interested in glittering memories of travel or the gory details of relationships you'll find that this hits the spot. It's an enchanting, warming read. I really recommend it, especially if you're not normally a fan of autobiography or memoir as it's certainly converted me!

There are more reviews on the page for the paperback version of 'Swansong' if you need further convincing!Swansong: A Memoir

Alan Moore's The Courtyard
Alan Moore's The Courtyard
by Alan Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars I keep coming back..., 3 Jan. 2007
Recently introduced to the world of Lovecaft and his Cthulhu Mythos, a good friend of mine employed me to paint the cover image of this graphic novel onto a wall in his house. It turned out to be a great mural, and I had the chance to read 'The Courtyard' once I was done; it made me want to paint the mural on my own wall. What I found was a fantastically engrossing, yet short, story of how bizarre and seductive the Mythos truly is. I am now (perhaps wildly and pointlessly) trying to deduce the translation of some of the lanaguage used.

Though simple, I love it, and enjoy reading it again and again (scarily, rather like the characters in the story). Though it's not actually completely Alan Moore, that's the way with so many graphics now, but the end product is still high in merit. The work is there, and is highly enjoyable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2010 1:46 PM BST