ARRAY(0x11357534)

No Distance Left To Run [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Damon Albarn
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Aug 2012
Saw the documentary on the telly a few months ago - went to the Hyde Park gig in August. Decided to buy this - was a little expensive - but that's my only gripe.

Original dispatch date was scheduled for the 10th of September, then the 3rd, then recieved an email saying it was going to be dispatched on Monday the 27th - it arrived a few days later, excellently packed and sealed, lovely sturdy box-set, an excellent collectors item. Top marks there! Playable on my cheap UK DVD player. Haven't tried laptop (but I don't watch DVDs on it anyway i'm afraid.)

The documentary is excellent though it does make me want to take up smoking again. Well structured with brilliant archive footage and interviews. I'll save my platitudes for the band and their music when I get my hands on the 21 boxset which i'll get later on in the year. Works as a snapsnot of the 90s very well. Nice in-depth discussion of each album (though it does malign 'The Great Escape' a bit.)

Haven't seen the live DVD yet, but seeing as it contains some of my favourites that they didn't play at the 2012 Hyde Park gig (Oily Water! Death of a Party! Chemical World!) i'm really looking forward to it. Looking at the tracklisting (or go to setlist.fm) you can see that a Blur gig will be an extensive sprawl through a varied back catalogue from the bish-bash-bosh of Parklife to the experimentation of Trimm Trabb and the excellent and soothing Out of Time. And of course you WILL blub when they finish with The Universal.

Great stuff.