Profile for _wise_owl_ > Reviews

Content by _wise_owl_

_wise_owl_

2 of PURPLE 2mm small SQUARE gem Labret piercing bar stud Diamond Cut Gem Prong Set Labret
Offered by Body Jewellery Shack

3.0 out of 5 stars OK and pretty to look at, 19 Jan. 2016
OK and pretty to look at. But I personally did not like they way they looked in my ear. They came across too 'dark', 'dull' and did not sparkle in the way I wanted.

Motorola Nexus 6 Case,Google Nexus 6 Cover - Felfy Google Nexus 6 / Motorola Nexus 6 Nature Leaf Magnetic Closure Style PU Leather Wallet [Stand Feature] Flip Folio Protective Skin Case with Lanyard Strap Carrying Cover (Black Color) +1x Black Stylus
Offered by Felfy

Sexy Black Catwoman Style Venetian Masquerade Carnival Ball Party Eye Mask
Sexy Black Catwoman Style Venetian Masquerade Carnival Ball Party Eye Mask
Offered by The Good Life Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 19 Jan. 2016
The nose piece pressed down on my actual nose and made it uncomfortable to wear for long periods.

JOVIVI 2-4mm 16G 1/4" CZ Gem Round Tragus Lip Ring Monroe Ear Cartilage Stud Earring Body Piercing
Offered by Jovivi Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars The item arrived within good time and was of a decent quality and nice ..., 19 Jan. 2016
The item arrived within good time and was of a decent quality and nice presentation but I found the product very hard to use. I am putting the jewellery into the tragus piercing, To do that you need to screw off the head/diamante piece, reach behind your tragus, insert the stem (from behind) and then screw the very tiny head back on. In fact, I have small ears and small fingers and I found this very difficult. Sadly I lost 1 head and 1 stem (dropping them by accident) because the level of fiddlyness was incredible. I much prefer the other types that have a stem that fits/screws into a sheath. I have this for my nose piercing.

Further Along the Road Less Travelled
Further Along the Road Less Travelled
by M.Scott Peck

3.0 out of 5 stars More overt religious overtones, 19 Oct. 2009
If like me you purchased this book because you found 'The Road Less Travelled' wonderfully insightful, be aware that this follow-up book has a slightly different tone to it. I was quite surprised by the quite heavy references to Christianity.

It's predecessor resonated with something inside of me mainly because it managed to find a path in between Christianity and non-denominational/non-religious spirituality. If like me you are searching for spiritual support from sources which appreciate atheism or agnosticism or if you question the benevolence of a 'god' rejecting the immediate justification that 'well, God moves in mysterious ways' - or if you practice other religions - then this book might not be for you. I found that because of this the book had a far less positive impact on me than the first. I do not feel that it added anymore to my learning or development. Instead it left me feeling slightly frustrated.

I appreciate that these are highly subjective comments - and they are no way intended to offend - but no other similar comments were made and so I felt it neccessary to share my experiences.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2010 4:02 PM GMT

The Barefoot Indian: The Making of a Messiahress
The Barefoot Indian: The Making of a Messiahress
by Julia Heywood

3.0 out of 5 stars Very simplistic, 18 Oct. 2009
Interesting with some cute little phrases to help get through difficult days but overall I was disappointed with the book. Certain challenging processes were presented as quite easy to take on thus over simplifying the profoundly difficult process of personal development. The book is written like a children's parable and thus does not go into detail on the 'how' - e.g. 'how' to release yourself from doubt. I decided to persevere and digest this short and simplistic book in one go and then ponder the concepts afterwards; but this left me feeling quite dissatisified. If you have read any philosophy or eastern-based religions or more complex allegorical tales about self-development and transformations, then avoid this book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2014 8:34 AM BST