Profile for seangs > Reviews

Content by seangs

seangs

Anker® 24W Dual-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5s 5c 5; iPad Air, mini; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 3 2; HTC and More [Black]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 14 Jan 2014
I bought this to replace my current one which was cheap and caused radio interference if I charged a device and wanted to listen to the car radio at the same time. I'm pleased to say this one does NOT cause any radio interference.

[All Smart Ports Upgrade] Anker® 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh (4A Output) Portable Charger Triple USB External Battery Pack with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Galaxy Tab 4, 3, 2, Pro, Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, HTC One, One 2 (M8), PS Vita, Gopro, and other Smartphones and Tablets
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek and works well, 14 Jan 2014
This is a great product and I'm going to echo the other positive reviews without repeating what they said here. It does its job perfectly well, and it's an excellent product. However, two things to note:

1. The device itself doesn't appear to always charge using any old USB cable you have lying around. It charges using the one it came with, but it's short and not useful to anyone. When I tried charging using the same cable with which I charge my phone, it pretended it was charging, but it didn't charge. I had to try 2 more USB cables before I found one that would charge the thing. I don't think USB cables can be proprietary, but something of that nature is going on.

2. If you have the device sitting on a surface with the battery indicator on the top (i.e. the right way up) then the labels on the USB ports are upside down. Seriously.