Profile for Jeremy Pack > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Cathedral of Known Things
The Cathedral of Known Things

1.0 out of 5 stars Badly serialised trilogy(?): part2, 26 Jan. 2016
I'm really furious at Edward Cox for the ending of this book - there is no ending its just a cliff hanger into the next book. (I threw the kindle down when I realised the story was just cut)

I like this story, (both books), I like the way they are written on so many different levels, but it's not acceptable to have a cheap cliff hanger to sell the next book. If you want to read 400-500 pages or whatever this book is and then wait for another year or two for what might be the ending to all three books then you've been warned.

Scrubba 'Wash Bag'
Scrubba 'Wash Bag'
Offered by Bear And Bear Gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars Good. PS: Pinch the valve, 22 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Scrubba Wash Bag (Sports)
The valve: some people write they have blow the valve out. My valve needs to be pinched in its neck to let air/ water out.
Don't over pressure it, pinch the valve in different angles till it 'bleeds ' the air

2. It's not just for washing but rinsing as well. It works great as a bucket that you can fill and rinise the washing

3. My experience is:
-not to over fill it with washing.
-To leave a little air as it allows you to slosh the water though the washing
- to roll in back wards and forwards on the (shower) floor or similar

Conclusion: pricey but packs flat and makes washing smalls, socks and t-shirts easy (my travel trousers get washed in it too)

Travel Clothes Line
Travel Clothes Line
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth packing for sure, 22 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Travel Clothes Line
This is a great piece of kit.
We've been on the road for three weeks now. As I write our smalls are drying in the hotel bathroom, currently using the sucks but in other places we've loop the line round something using the hooks.
Its amazing that it takes a line full of wet washing.

Hidden Travel Wallet (Tan)
Hidden Travel Wallet (Tan)

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 8 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Hidden Travel Wallet
I've only "road tested" for three days in the UK but wearing this inside the trousers using the black or brown loop to match the belt really does work.
You can have it underneath a back pocket or on your hip. I wore it all day, with a passport and credit cards whilst at work and doing stuff around the house and its seems fine.
Obviously you need a belt on your trousers to attach it to.

The real test will be how comfortable it feels in 35degC in India, if I remember I'll come back in a few weeks and update my review.

The Relic Guild
The Relic Guild

4.0 out of 5 stars There is no ending, 7 Aug. 2015
This review is from: The Relic Guild (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this book and its two stories (the present and the past) woven together but I'm pretty cross that neither story had an ending or was resolved, this book is just basically the first 474 (or whatever) pages of a longer novel which has not been published yet.

The Well Of Lost Plots: Thursday Next Book 3
The Well Of Lost Plots: Thursday Next Book 3

3.0 out of 5 stars Goes up its own literary reference posterior, 31 May 2015
Goes up its own literary reference posterior. The first two books in this series we great, but this third one gets bogged down in references to literary that I just couldn't be doing with.
Your better off reading one of Jasper's (much) better books

Samsung 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 70MB/s MicroSDXC Pro Memory Card with Komputerbay SD Adapter

3.0 out of 5 stars Just fine, but not 70MB/s write, 16 May 2013
I perfectly happy with this microSD card. It meets the class 10 spec by more than 40%

BUT mine gets nowhere near 70MB/s write "Transfer Speed: Up to 70 MB/s Read and up to 20 MB/s Write"

The utility H2testw 1.4 checks it out as:
Writing speed: 14.2 MByte/s
Reading speed: 18.4 MByte/s

FYI.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 2 May 2013
The unit I received was faulty out of the box. There have been notes about BlackVue's quality issues else where and maybe I should have paid more attention or I just got unlucky. (It would be nice if Amazon listed how many units got returned faulty, that would be value add.)

It never ran for more than about 30 seconds with out crashing. (It crashed in all sorts of ways, either as a the voice was saying it had started recorded, saying the SD card was unformatted (I tried multiple SD cards), the configuration was invalid etc)

I did offer the supplier "Mobile Gadget Store" to replace the item but they never responded to my amazon communication so I'm returning the unit.

The Manual of Detection
The Manual of Detection

4.0 out of 5 stars A good little read, 8 Feb. 2013
I heard the first chapter of this book as a radio play, and bought the book as I was drawn to the way the story was presented. Its well written and different.
Worth a read.

Bounce: The Myth of Talent and the Power of Practice
Bounce: The Myth of Talent and the Power of Practice

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 27 Jan. 2013
This is a must read book, whether you are a sports person or not. You may not want to agree with the conclusion but there are plenty of fascinating examples and case studies and until you have read the book your not really informed to debate the conclusion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4