Profile for happygran > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Monster High Make Up Sketch Portfolio
Monster High Make Up Sketch Portfolio

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book..shocking price hike !, 3 Jan 2014
Bought for my 7 yr old grandaughter's xmas stocking and it was her favourite gift of all. She's had hours of fun engrossed in sketching the faces. So much so that I decided this morning to order another to put by for a rainy day as she has completed the entire book. However, I couldn't believe my eyes to see that what was priced £7.99 in December is now £18.99! That is just ridiculous and I absolutely refuse to pay it. How can anybody justify a price hike like that??

TY Beanie Baby Eleanor - Alvin and the Chipmunks
TY Beanie Baby Eleanor - Alvin and the Chipmunks
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandkids delighted, 7 Dec 2013
Purchased the set of 4 chipmunks for my 2 liitle grandchildren age 7 and 4 and they love them. They've had them a couple of months now and they still play lots of games with them.

Grobag Doodle Zoo 2.5 Tog Baby Sleep Bag (0-6 Months)
Grobag Doodle Zoo 2.5 Tog Baby Sleep Bag (0-6 Months)

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading photo, 11 Sep 2013
Have purchased several grobags over the years for my grandchildren. Purchased this in 0 to 6 moonths. Its a lovely grobag but I was very disappointed to find there are no shoulder poppers as shown in photograph. I would not have ordered if this was clear. If this does not matter to you then I'd highly recommend it. From personal experience I much prefer the convenience of the shoulder poppers as it allows the bag to be opened out completely flat to lay an already asleep baby onto it and fasten it up without the risk of wakening them as you try to manoevre their little arms into it. Suprised it doesn't have shoulder poppers as from past experience I've found that standard in 0 to 6 months till you move to the bigger sizes.

Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT4520 Ear Thermometer
Braun ThermoScan 5 IRT4520 Ear Thermometer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great thermometer, 6 Aug 2013
I have one of these in use since my first grandchild was born almost 7 years ago and it's still going strong. I purchased another recently as a gift. Very easy to use on a baby or toddler. I would recommend to anyone with a young family. Having said that it works equally well on adults if so required.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Family love this telescope, 6 Aug 2013
Bought this along with folding pocket binoculars for my grandchildren age 6 and 4 and it's great. Well used by both of them and by me when we are out for walks. Anything from birdwatching to playing pirates. The magnification is good and its lightweight and compact. Great value at little more than the cost of some toy ones.

Binoculars Folding pocket size Clear Vision 8x21 Compact DCF 8x magnification. Quality optics. 10 Year warranty. Fully coated anti glare lenses. Ideal for Concerts, arena shows festivals feild sports birdwatching glasses lightweight travel binocular with case & neck cord. Easy fast focus.
Offered by UKHobbyStore ~ PowerSaveBulbs UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee binoculars !, 6 Aug 2013
Bought these to use out and about with my 2 small grandchildren. I had an old set which were difficult for them as they were too heavy for them to hold steady. I also found them heavy to carry along with picnic bag etc. They are very lightweight and compact and fit in a jacket pocket. The kids love them if we are out for a walk watching birds out on the lake etc. Or even at home zooming in on birds in the garden. Great price, little more than the cost of a toy set. Serious birdwatchers may prefer more powerful magnification but these suit us perfectly. I also bought a small pocket telescope and my 4yr old grandson loves it as he can play pirates and birdwatch at the same time !

Human Body Sticker Book (Usborne Sticker Books)
Human Body Sticker Book (Usborne Sticker Books)
by Alex Frith

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 29 May 2013
My 6 year old grandaughter loves this sticker book. Over the past few years I've bought lots of sticker books for my grandchildren and Usborne are fantastic for variety, quality and value for money. I'd highly recommend this for any child taking an interest in the human body and how it works.

Fairytale Castle
Fairytale Castle
Offered by skyeblue

5.0 out of 5 stars My granchildren love it !, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Fairytale Castle (Audio CD)
My grandchildren age 6 and 4 love the Singing Kettle. Been to several shows and have a few dvds. We watched some clips from this show on Youtube and they really enjoyed them. I thought I'd have a look on Amazon and order the dvd for a suprise. I'll be honest and say I was so disappointed when the package arrived and I realised it was a cd I'd bought and as yet there is no dvd for this show. I thought I'd purchased a dvd. I really should have been wearing my specs ! However, the kids were delighted with it. It's their first choice of music in the car and they sing along to all the songs. I'd recommend it to anyone with young children and look forward to a possible dvd version eventually.

Comfortnights Flannel Waterproof Mattress Protector - Single - 90 x190cms
Comfortnights Flannel Waterproof Mattress Protector - Single - 90 x190cms
Offered by ShellmarkTextiles

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and soft and 100% waterproof, 14 Mar 2013
Great quality. Soft and comfy under sheet and doesnt rustle unlike others I've tried in the past. I have this product on 3 beds. My 2 little grandchildren have on occasions fully tested them and the mattress remains dry. Anyone with small children knows what I mean..anything from a nappy leak to full scale vomiting ! The other is on the bed of an adult with special needs. His mattress remains completely dry during episodes of incontinence. The product washes well and retains its soft feel unlike others I've previously tried and I've tried a few. This one is by far the best and would highly recommend it for kids or adults.

2 Pack Wheelie Bin Numbers - 1
2 Pack Wheelie Bin Numbers - 1
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for the job, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: 2 Pack Wheelie Bin Numbers - 1
Ordered a set of numbers yesterday for my evergrowing collection of wheelie bins (we've got a separate food waste bin now !) The delivery arrived post free in less than 24 hours. They are perfect for the job. Great service from this company. I know that when our local council dreams up another reason to provide us with yet another wheelie bin I will be able to order more from here !

Page: 1 | 2