Profile for JulieM23 > Reviews

JulieM23

Samsung I8150 Galaxy W Sim Free Smartphone
Samsung I8150 Galaxy W Sim Free Smartphone

5.0 out of 5 stars STILL LOVE THIS PHONE, 4 Mar. 2013
I hate the Iphone / Samsung / Blackberry whose phone is the best, best tarrif blah blah blah - I love my technology and this is slightly smaller than the Samsung S series of phones but competes very with all the above.

My Animals and Other Family
My Animals and Other Family

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVELY BIT OF CLARE, 4 Mar. 2013
Aaaaaah, aaaaaaah and more aaaaaaah - lots of puppies and ponies - but I like puppies and ponies so that's alright.

Wrong Time, Wrong Place (Quick Reads 2013)
Wrong Time, Wrong Place (Quick Reads 2013)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE A QUICK THRILLER, 4 Mar. 2013
Simon Kernick - the books you cant put down - dont read it on the train or you will miss your stop!

Drinking and Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders
Drinking and Tweeting: And Other Brandi Blunders

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like having her in the room - CLASSIC BRANDI, 4 Mar. 2013
They don't realise that Brandi just says out loud what we are screaming at the TV - too bad the cover and new title is a little BLANDI - see what I did there?!

MiniSuit Google Nexus 7 Bluetooth Keyboard Case + Stand (Slim Rubberized Non-Slip Grip Back)
Offered by MiniSuit

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've got a Nexus 7 - you need one of these., 4 Mar. 2013
Oooooh I like me gadgets and I like buying stuff for me gadgets - BUT THIS IS THE KING. You will not need another case for your Nexus 7.

Cool Factor 10

Samsung P1000 Galaxy Tab 7-inch 3G + Wi-Fi Tablet (ARM Cortex A8 1GHz, 16 GB, 7-inch TFT LCD, Bluetooth, Android 2.2) - Sim Free

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 26 Nov. 2011
I managed to get one of these from Amazon Warehouse Deals (£210) and what can I say, its the best thing since sliced bread. I knew the 10 inch tabs would be too big and am so pleased I decided on the 7" - perfect for fitting in your handbag. It wont replace my Kindle for reading (just because of the Kindle screen really). But have spent hardly any time on my all singing & dancing desktop with huge monitor and really tempted to ditch my mobile phone and stick my sim in this instead. Yes you do look like Dom Jolly (I'm in a library) if you take calls but stick it on speaker and the sound clarity is superb. It is unlocked so my O2 Text & Web tariff (£10-£15 a month) is perfect. Connects to the Wi-Fi in the house then automatically switches to 3g when out.

I did wonder whether the ARM Cortex A8 1Ghz would be fast enough with the Iconia Tegra dual blah blah blah on the market, but really I push this device as hard as I can, and cant fault it.

On board apps and installed stuff, you use what you fancy and ignore the rest - try as many as you want from the Android store - all free and downloaded in seconds then ditch it (Dolphin browser is a must and is free of course). The usual suspects Facebook, Twitter, Ebay etc run like a dream as do Hotmail, GMail and Google Maps, Streetview etc. Iplayer / TVCatch Up let you take it anywhere and watch what you want - and all your music fits on too.

WOW - I LOVE IT

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased & surprised, 23 Sept. 2011
I've got nearly every gadget that isnt Apple - and this is fabulous - grab one of those waterproof sleeves from ebay for pennies and you can read in the bath, by the pool etc Needs charging every month or so (!) Swap from book to book, read in sunlight - would definitely recommend.

The Help
The Help
by Kathryn Stockett

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST READ OF THE YEAR, 23 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
I loved this book - hope it wont be spoiled by the film coming out - made all my friends read it too !

ASUS VW247H 24 inch LED 16:9 Widescreen Full HD 1080p Support HDMI Interface User-friendly
Offered by BoraComputer

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus = excellent, 23 Sept. 2011
Excellent monitor - shopped around and definitely wanted an Asus for gaming and general internet use - so pleased we got this one - would recommend to anybody.