Profile for G. Milner > Reviews

Content by G. Milner

G. Milner (Hertfordshire, England)

Noreve Tradition Pink Leather Case For Creative Vision:M With Removable Belt Clip And Snap Closure

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 24 July 2006
Having read reviews saying how easily the ZVM scratches, I was definitely going to buy a cover for it. This was just what I wanted. I had so, so wanted a pink ZVM, but none were to be had in the initial wave of releases. So a pink cover was the next best thing. It fits the ZVM snugly, and you can turn it on and off and connect to the pc with the cover on. Can't access the volume with it clipped closed, but this isn't too much of a hassle. Not sure why the other reviewer had a problem with the belt clip - it's easy peasy, and there is even a video on the noreve web site to show you how. I'd recommend this case.

Starting School (Picture Puffin)
Starting School (Picture Puffin)
by Janet Ahlberg

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect starting school book., 13 Jan 2004
My little boy was given a few books about starting school - this was by far the best. We read it quite a few times before he started in reception, and he asked to read it a lot over the course of the first term. So much in the book was 'just like in my class' - it really struck a chord. This book is just perfect; I can't recommend it highly enough.

Whizz, Bang, Orang-Utan (Twinkle, Twinkle, Chocolate Bar)
Whizz, Bang, Orang-Utan (Twinkle, Twinkle, Chocolate Bar)
by John Foster

5.0 out of 5 stars a great introduction to poetry for children, 22 May 2002
I bought this book for my three-year old son - he loves reading, but before this book had had little exposure to any poetry other than nursery rhymes. He loves this book. I love this book. It has been a favourite bedtime book for some time now (at his request rather than my suggestion), and he quotes back favourite bits to me now and again as well ("sticky sticky Vicki Nicki" is a particular favourite :-). The poems have adult as well as child appeal, so we all enjoy it, and there are plenty of laugh-out-loud bits. A great buy - we'll probably be buying the companion "Twinkle Twinkle Chocolate Bar" soon as well. What a wonderful introduction to poetry for children!