Profile for S. E. Grigg > Reviews

Content by S. E. Grigg

S. E. Grigg (Hayling Island, Hants., UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Hollywood Enigma: Dana Andrews (Hollywood Legends)
Hollywood Enigma: Dana Andrews (Hollywood Legends)
by Carl Rollyson
Price: 28.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Handsome devil., 27 Feb 2014
I brought this for my mother who loves the stars but the writing is rather feint for her 92 year old eyes and in her struggle to read it she has lost interest I'm afraid. However I will read and enjoy it I'm sure.

Uke'n Play Supa Easy Ukulele (Book & CD)
Uke'n Play Supa Easy Ukulele (Book & CD)
by Mike Jackson
Price: 8.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal birthday gift for my little 6 year old grand daughter, 27 Feb 2014
I play the ukelele myself and my grand children always sit and listen when I play. The book features such sweet and childlike songs and the two chords are a wonderful start to what I hope will be Isabella's ongoing interest long after her birthday.

Breakfast on the morning tram
Breakfast on the morning tram
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 7.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Such good songs, 27 Feb 2014
Again this is a lovely CD and is quite different to all her past recordings. As a singer myself I am most inspired by her songs in this CD.

Raconte-moi...
Raconte-moi...
Price: 7.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Stacey at her best, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Raconte-moi... (Audio CD)
I have always loved Stacey Kent and this latest CD is especially lovely. Her voice just seems to get better and softer each time I listen.

Let Them Talk
Let Them Talk
Price: 7.06

2.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully clever, but not quite my cup of tea., 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Let Them Talk (Audio CD)
While I appreciate the musicianship and authentic New Orleans singing style of Hugh Laurie, I found it wasn't something I wished to play again.

Chega De Saudade
Chega De Saudade
Price: 9.87

4.0 out of 5 stars The real maccoy., 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Chega De Saudade (Audio CD)
Joao has always been a favourite of mine with his easy singing style of such lovely Brazillian songs, most of which I know and all of which I love.

Light My Fire
Light My Fire
Offered by beaches_music_canada
Price: 6.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely superb., 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Light My Fire (Audio CD)
Eliane is exceptionally good. She is everything I love as a singer and jazz piano player. I love her choice of songs, particularly her native Brazilian numbers having been there, and each rendition is unique and outstanding. I saw her live in London recently and was spellbound. She is also so very beautiful. A piano genuis.

Out Here
Out Here
Price: 13.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, but not my cup of tea., 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: Out Here (Audio CD)
Christian McBride is a legendary bass player, I know and appreciate that and have him playing with Diana Krall on CD which is just wonderful. However, it is rather avant garde for my listening although I appreciate how clever it is.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2013 10:48 PM GMT

Pacific Ocean Blue
Pacific Ocean Blue
Price: 6.92

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sure initially., 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: Pacific Ocean Blue (Audio CD)
Am trying to get used to this and the more I play it, the more, I'm sure that I will appreciate and come to love it. He, like all the Wilson's is an exceptional musician and I'm glad to have it amongst my collection.

Inspiration (A Tribute To Nat King Cole)
Inspiration (A Tribute To Nat King Cole)
Price: 10.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds just like him, 1 Sep 2013
Outstanding. Every song is so lovely and George has captured the perfect authentic sound of Nat Cole but added his guitar playing as well. Just wonderful.

Page: 1 | 2