Profile for tulipano > Reviews

Helly Hansen Lifa Dry Women's Pant - Black Large
Helly Hansen Lifa Dry Women's Pant - Black Large
Price: 18.61

4.0 out of 5 stars warm and comfy, 21 April 2012
I have two pairs of these, one black and one pink. They both do their job without a lot of bells and whistles. They stay up on my fairly curvy body. They go all the way down to my ankles (and I need a 34" inseam). And they are nice and warm - no wind-blocking but they are generally worn under another pair of pants, so. The black pair is actually dark/opaque enough that you could probably get away with wearing them as leggings with a tunic if you really wanted to. I've worn them as pajama bottoms a few times and didn't feel embarassed walking to the bathroom from the tent. At the same time, they are definitely thin enough that you can wear them under normal (non-hiking) pants. I'm one of those people who is always cold and wore them several times under jeans this winter.
The only kind of negative thing I could say is that the pink pair pilled a tiny bit after 5 or 6 washes but nothing terrible.
One last thing is that the first time they go on you have to pull a bit to get them all the way up, but they loosen up immediately and then seem to just stay exactly the right size without getting baggy.

Kent Brushes Pf07 Oval Paddle Pure Bristle Brush
Kent Brushes Pf07 Oval Paddle Pure Bristle Brush
Price: 8.95

3.0 out of 5 stars good quality but too much static, 28 Mar 2012
Like another reviewer, I have had serious issues with static using this brush.

The pros are that it's well made, the handle is a nice weight and the rubber grips means your hand won't slip. The bristles also seem to be attached securely and feel nice on my scalp.

However, there is one enormous con: just one stroke from the brush and my hair is full of static, even if it was completely calm before. I will say that it smooths down pretty quick just running my hand along my hair after. Nonetheless, I bought the brush in part because natural bristles are supposed to be ANTI-static. Another smaller problem is that I can't use it to brush my hair until it is at least halfway dry, because the bristles are a little too bendy.

Columbia Plush Peak Full Zip Women's Hoodie
Columbia Plush Peak Full Zip Women's Hoodie
Price: 16.26 - 60.30

4.0 out of 5 stars soft and warm, 28 Mar 2012
I looked and looked before I ended up buying this particularly fleece. I wanted something that was soft, warm, and since I'm 5'10", something with long arms.
This fills all those requirements. Unlike some of the more plushy fleeces, this is one is soft inside and not just outside. It has zip up pockets so the lie flat when you're not using them. And the hood is perfect when up, it doesn't obstruct your vision but still covers the head well.
The only tiny negative thing I could say is that the thumbholes don't seem to be stitched particularly well.

Page: 1 | 2