Profile for Beatrice > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Thorn Birds
The Thorn Birds

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to return to The Thorn Birds, 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Thorn Birds (Kindle Edition)
A lovely read with descriptions of the landscape and characters that really put you there. I devoured the TV series years ago and reading the book is a happy return.

The Calligrapher's Daughter
The Calligrapher's Daughter
by Eugenia Kim

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 29 May 2014
A very refreshing account of conflict, anguish and life generally from a different age - slightly old fashioned in style but beautifully written given compassionately and completely.

TOESOX,BELLA,HEATHERBAND,FULLTOE (MEDIUM)
TOESOX,BELLA,HEATHERBAND,FULLTOE (MEDIUM)

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchase for yoga, 29 May 2014
It's probably much easier and comfortable to go bare foot but if you have a problem with your feet or prefer not to make contact with the studio floor or your gym's yoga mat then they are ideal.

The Mud Sisters
The Mud Sisters

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Mud Sisters (Kindle Edition)
I have enjoyed some Edie Claire novels but Mud Sisters is even more far fetched than others. Very easy reading if you don't really want to engage your brain too much.

Wet
Wet

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wet (MP3 Download)
I bought this album many many years ago on vinyl of course and am thrilled to update my collection for MP3 playing. All of Streisand's work is so enjoyable to me and I shall be happy to re-acquaint with this lovely piece of work.

Because We Believe
Because We Believe

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Because We Believe (MP3 Download)
This track is from one of my all time favourite albums Vivere. Such an inspirational and easy to listen to mix of classic and modern popular classics delivered superbly by a wonderful artist Andrea Bocelli. I can play this over and over again and never be tired of it.

The Girl in Room Fourteen (Kindle Single)
The Girl in Room Fourteen (Kindle Single)

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre read, 18 Oct. 2013
Had the potential to really expand into a pleasant plot set in such lovely surroundings but somehow ended up being like a magazine short story. I haven't read any other Carol Drinkwater novels and it is possibly her standard style but wasn't for me.

A Trick of Light
A Trick of Light

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 17 Aug. 2013
This review is from: A Trick of Light (Kindle Edition)
Although the concept of what the main character is trying to achieve can be at times a little far-fetched there is a certain realism to Hattie wanting to absolutely make sure and it easy to see how she is drawn to his 'other life' and emphathises with his other family. I think the book is extremely well written.

The Weird and Wonderful Onesie: 1
The Weird and Wonderful Onesie: 1
by Miss Mandy E Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet story with a special message, 2 Aug. 2013
Certain to delight young readers and carries it's own unique message that life isn't always the stuff of story books. A clever mix of escapism and real life. I have bought several books by this new author for my grandchildren and friends' children and if my opinion is anything to go by Mandy E Ward I think will continue to produce some enjoyable and memorable reading for generations to come.

In Search of Lucy: A Novel
In Search of Lucy: A Novel

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading, 7 July 2013
Not a gripping storyline and at times quite depressing because of the main character's angst. I did finish it all because that is my way but wouldn't recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3