Profile for A. D. Gherson > Reviews

The Pretty One [DVD] [2014]
The Pretty One [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Jenée LaMarque

4.0 out of 5 stars A good one all round, 15 July 2014
This review is from: The Pretty One [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Good Storyline. Good Direction.Great acting make this an all round good film which I really enjoyed. It moves at just the right speed and I have added it my electric collection and will enjoy seeing it again.
Not a chocolate box movie it has important statements and I think time will tell if it goes to cult status.
Go on treat yourself you will not be disappointed.

The Man Who Never Was: World War II's Boldest Counter-Intelligence Operation
The Man Who Never Was: World War II's Boldest Counter-Intelligence Operation
by Ewen Montagu

4.0 out of 5 stars I have seen the film., 8 Jun. 2014
Now read the book. The book as you can imagine is different from the film and it answered a lot of things that the film did not tackle.
It was fully of very interesting facts and this should be read.
It could have been written as faction but given the way it was written I am sure inspired quite a number of authors to ply their trade.
I hope that you got something out of it because I did.

Paris-Manhattan [DVD] [2012]
Paris-Manhattan [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Alice Taglioni

4.0 out of 5 stars Very unassuming and very enjoyable, 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Paris-Manhattan [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I am not going to give away to much of the plot but it is enjoyable film with some real cinematic magic. I earnestly recommend you to watch it and hope that you have as much fun as I did.
The direction, the actors and the scenes were all very good and hope this film does well because it deserves to and hope it gets lots of good positive reviews which will facilitate this.
Enjoy!

Mary Poppins [DVD]
Mary Poppins [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julie Andrews
Offered by MediaMine

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Film for Children and Adults., 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Mary Poppins [DVD] (DVD)
I viewed the film "Saving Mr Banks" and decided to purchase this and was not disappointed as it was important to view this after seeing it so you get "the complete picture". I loved the film when I first saw it and I am pleased to say it has not dated but now I have the time to see it again and again.

The Worricker Trilogy (Page Eight / Turks & Caicos / Salting the Battlefield) [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Bill Nighy

4.0 out of 5 stars A feast of Bill Nighy., 8 Jun. 2014
I would recommend this trilogy to wants to see a good solid cast doing some really good acting. The stories are interlinked and Bill Nighy shines in this and really brought his character to life. The writing by David Hare was very realistic and made the situations in which he placed his characters very real. The locations were also very good and made the set very life like. It is part of my collection and I will watch this more than once.
Well Done to all concerned.

American Hustle [DVD] [2013]
American Hustle [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale

4.0 out of 5 stars A film of great detail, 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: American Hustle [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
It is a film of great detail and it was enjoyable and also exciting. Bradley Cooper is a joy to watch and he really goes up a notch and enjoys his part. Christian Bale is a talented a actor who enjoys good parts and this is one he obviously relishes/. The rest of the cast a excellent and the direction and screen play are stand outs in their own right.
Go on and enjoy.

Mandela's Way: Lessons on Life
Mandela's Way: Lessons on Life
by Richard Stengel

5.0 out of 5 stars We all have to learn something from each other., 8 Jun. 2014
As a native born South African I read this with great interest. It was truly fascinating and like the autobiography of Nelson Mandela it gave a great insight to this man who became a legend in his own life time. It was a book that causes you to think and imagine how, why and what this great human endured. His legacy was living every day of his life and learning from it as he went on.

OBM MIGLIORE OFFERTA (LA)
OBM MIGLIORE OFFERTA (LA)
Dvd ~ Sylvia Hoeks
Offered by VECOSELL

4.0 out of 5 stars Beauty is in the eye of the beholder., 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: OBM MIGLIORE OFFERTA (LA) (DVD)
An enjoyable film that I wanted to see as a Geoffrey Rush fan was not an option. Well told and enjoyable the suspense is there right to the end. I wonder if we had gone viewing if things had turned out differently.
Well worth another view and I will do this shortly. Probably do well on the rental market as I cannot see it getting a theatrical release.

Having You [DVD]
Having You [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anna Friel

4.0 out of 5 stars Having You, 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Having You [DVD] (DVD)
Very underated but none the less very enjoyable. Casting was good and so was the acting.
It was a sad film with little spurts of humour. Have added it to my collection and will watch it more than once.

Seven Year Hitch [DVD] [2012] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Seven Year Hitch [DVD] [2012] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by supermart_usa

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun to watch, 28 July 2013
Saw the middle and the end on tv and thought I wanted to see the beginning
It was fun to watch and I enjoyed it
Good effort
It was not anything but fun

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7