Profile for DocBhoy > Reviews

Content by DocBhoy

DocBhoy (Invercargill , New Zealand)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Welcome to the Wild Country
Welcome to the Wild Country

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry To Disappoint..., 24 May 2004
I'm a big FD fan - got all the albums , saw him live , liked It Bites . Sorry , this one was really not my cup of tea - too rocky - not enough of the acoustic based tunes that he writes nowadays - and whilst there are occasional gems , there are some songs that I just don't like . This won't get as mush play as Blonde.. or Man .

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (Xbox)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (Xbox)
Offered by market games
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must For Xbox Golf Fans, 24 May 2004
Having already played through ( and thoroughly enjoyed ) Links 2004 , I was unsure as to whether or not to buy this as well . I can definitively state that this is the better golf game - more courses , more challenges , more Championships , more longevity , better graphics - need I go on ? If you're into golf , and have a console , get this game .

Batman: Year One
Batman: Year One
by Frank Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Knight Begins ..., 24 May 2004
This review is from: Batman: Year One (Paperback)
In the comics biz , Frank Miller ( the author ) is respected for his work throughout the years and his campaigning for the industry . This is as fine an example as you'll find of Mr Millers work - excellent pacing , a plot and characters that hold true to the comics origins , and a satisfying conclusion .

Permanent Vacation
Permanent Vacation
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 5.40

5.0 out of 5 stars America's Finest, 24 May 2004
This review is from: Permanent Vacation (Audio CD)
This album came out at about the same time as Appetite For Destruction and ( I'll whisper the next bit ) I preferred this . The boogy good time blues of Tyler , Perry and Co. was encapsulated on this album , and showed that there was room for a sense of humour in rock music . No particular highlight for me - the whole album's great .

Cuts Like A Knife
Cuts Like A Knife
Price: 7.05

5.0 out of 5 stars ...But It Feels So Right, 24 May 2004
This review is from: Cuts Like A Knife (Audio CD)
The first thing I remember about this album was the title track being played at Live Aid , and BA getting the crowd to sing with him . There are nine cracking tracks on the album . Highlights must be the feelgood 'This Time' , the anthemic title track , and the balladry of 'The Best Was Yet To Come' . Go Geddit !!

Voodoo Highway
Voodoo Highway
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 32.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Horses For Courses, 24 May 2004
This review is from: Voodoo Highway (Audio CD)
I have to say I was amused by the other reviewer . It's true , this will not be everyone's cup of tea . Not everyone will like the cover version of Fire And Rain , nor the finger picking Joe's Blues . I did , and found that whilst this album didn't attain the heights of the first album , it was good enough , none the less .

Loveland
Loveland

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Blue Murder , That's For Sure, 24 May 2004
This review is from: Loveland (Audio CD)
I was eager to hear this album following John Sykes' work in Blue Murder . Unfortunately I should have paid more attention as this does 'exactly what it says on the tin' . It's a case of ballad after ballad , and that doesn't really do it for me . If I wanted that , I'd buy Michael Bolton .

A Fine Pink Mist
A Fine Pink Mist
Offered by dsales13
Price: 25.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 May 2004
This review is from: A Fine Pink Mist (Audio CD)
Following his work in Badlands , I was eager to hear Mr Lee's next effort . Unfortunately I was disappointed by muddy production , aimless shreding , and a genuine lack of a tune throughout the album . I hope for better things from Jake in future .

Badlands
Badlands

5.0 out of 5 stars Chunky Funky, 24 May 2004
This review is from: Badlands (Audio CD)
Upon leaving Ozzy , I was surprised to find a new direction for Jake E Lee in the form of a heavy funk/blues thing . This album is excellent - from the opening riff of High Wire to the close of Ball And Chain . There's some dazzling fretwork , some great singing by the late Ray Gillen , and a competent rhythm section . Outstanding track ? Rumblin' Train - without a doubt . Great debut .

Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop
Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop
Price: 5.51

5.0 out of 5 stars A Guitar Genius, 24 May 2004
This review is from: Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop (Audio CD)
With his individual and quirky style , Mr Beck infuses the collection of songs here with humour and genuine emotion . For me , the stand out tracks are Where Were You and Two Rivers - amazing use of the tremolo arm to create melody . In fact , these two songs were the reasons I bought the album , and they crop up regularly on compilations I make .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11