Profile for Coops > Reviews

Coops (England)

The Very Thought Of You
The Very Thought Of You

5.0 out of 5 stars An overlooked masterpiece, 11 Nov 2013
I first heard this song when watching the Dennis (nearly wrote 'Harry' there - how the times have changed!) Potter play; 'The Singing Detective'. This is a soulful number delivered by, in my humble opinion, one of the best `crooners' of the day. Relax in your wing-backed armchair with a fresh pipe and a good brandy, and listen to the delightful words and soothing melody. It could even bring back fond memories of a despised former partner: enjoy.

Across the Road ( En face ) [DVD]
Across the Road ( En face ) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jean-Hugues Anglade
Offered by FilmsFromFrance

4.0 out of 5 stars Across the road (En face), 22 Aug 2011
I'm no film critic, but I did enjoy this film/movie. It was 'kookie' with some interesting characters. Don't expect a 'Hollywood ending'.

The Female Eunuch
The Female Eunuch
by Germaine Greer

4.0 out of 5 stars The Female Eunuch, 22 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Female Eunuch (Paperback)
This book is product of its time, but still makes for a thought provoking read in this so called post-feminist age.

Caprica - Season 1, Volume 1 [DVD]
Caprica - Season 1, Volume 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Allesandra Torresani

5.0 out of 5 stars Caprica, 31 Dec 2010
My wife and I enjoyed watching the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica so much, we thought we'd take a punt on the pilot episode. It was on the strength of the pilot that we bought Season 1.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2011 1:30 PM GMT

Captain Scarlet And The Mysterons: 1 [DVD] [1967]
Captain Scarlet And The Mysterons: 1 [DVD] [1967]
Dvd ~ Francis Matthews
Offered by TIP TOP SELLER

5.0 out of 5 stars Captain Scarlett, 31 Dec 2010
I always wanted to know how Captain Scarlett became indestructable....

Intersting that although a British product, members of the 'Spectrum' organisation follow the 'Shoot first, ask questions later' mentality. Don't look to deep for a plot.

Good fun for your inner 5 year old. That, and my son loves it too!

The Helicopter: History, Piloting and How it Flies
The Helicopter: History, Piloting and How it Flies
by John Fay

5.0 out of 5 stars The Helecopter, 31 Dec 2010
I 'acquired' a copy of this splendid book from my step father, (a test pilot, with both fixed wing and rotary wing experience), after he suggested I read it. After about 20 years working in the industry, I made the mistake of lending it to a colleague and haven't seen it since. I bought this copy of the book for my 9 year old daughter, who has now read it from cover to cover. No she is bugging me with questions.... Anyway, it is written in a very straight forward manner, with nice simple diagrams. A joy for the professional and novice alike, with no hard sums. John Fay knew his target audience - not for academics, just enthusiasts.

Write your name and address inside, or your copy will go the way of mine. (And if your copy has a small gold address label with Bracknell address in it, please may I have it back now?)

Kitchen Craft Lunar Whistling Kettle - Orange - 1.8 Litres
Kitchen Craft Lunar Whistling Kettle - Orange - 1.8 Litres

4.0 out of 5 stars Whistling kettle, 31 Dec 2010
Another gift for my lovely wife. Having forced me to change a perfectly serviceable wood burning stove for another wood burning stove (this one witha flat top), apparently the absolutely must have accessory is a whistling kettle. Well, it sits by the stove looking good, it looks good on the stove when it is in use. What else is there to say? It whistles. :-)

They come in a pleasing range of colours, and the spout doesn't drip.

Think Outside the Sox: 60 Winning Patterns from the Knitter's Magazine Contest
Think Outside the Sox: 60 Winning Patterns from the Knitter's Magazine Contest
by Elaine Rowley

5.0 out of 5 stars Think outside the sox, 31 Dec 2010
My wife borrowed this book from a friend, but I managed to spill tea all over it. I purchased a replacement for our friend who was very please to receive it - she loved the book originally. My wife remains equally pleased with her tea stained copy. I guess if you like knitting this is the book for you! :-)