Profile for Lolaloveslouis > Reviews

Lolaloveslouis

the Disney Diaries Volume 2
the Disney Diaries Volume 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, Informative and SAH weet!, 15 Feb 2013
I bought this book as I too love Disneyland! And I didn't realise there were so many Disney fanatics out there other than me! My family make fun of how much I loves it! I wanted to gain other perspectives on Disney and the whole experience plus I loved the diary aspect of it because a) I am very nosey and b) i think this format explains Disney better and how to make the most of your times at the parks and places to go etc.

I preferred the second book because of Larry's and Robins relationship the chemistry comes across over the pages and I actually belly laughed at some of the book as it was so well written and described I pictured the scenes and found them hilarious. Plus the whole dynamic of the Wilmot/Goble family is heartwarming and I wish I was part of it!

I can't honestly find any negatives in this book and obviously it would appeal more to a disneyite than anyone else. But I would recommend this book to everyone just for the sheer comedic value and Larry's budget tips, which I'm sure would suit any money conscious type haha! I am English too and do appreciate a good ole portion of fish n chips!

The only thing I would of liked to see is some photos, I became really fond of the people in the book and would of liked to put a face to the voice of the books. And to see some of the resorts and of The different parks.

I think next time you should do daily vlogs and post them on YouTube.

And the diary format is always a winner, with a peak into someone else's life. As generally all people are just the teensiest bit nosey!

Just buy the book and you won't be disappointed. I give it 10/10 😃

KERI: the SHOCKING true story of a child abused (child abuse true stories)
KERI: the SHOCKING true story of a child abused (child abuse true stories)

4.0 out of 5 stars Keri autobiography, 18 Jun 2012
I found this book captivating and horrific at the same time. The horrendous things done to a child, I cried frequently reading this book, it broke my heart. As I have a daughter and I couldn't imagine letting anyone hurting her or taking her away. There were a few mistakes I noticed. I read this and it says Keri visited a Zoo with her Nana and was worried about the caged animals but later on when in the children's home she says she has never been to any kind of zoo? Not sure if this is a misprint or an oversight!

Also when Keri is talking about her time with her friend Charlie, it was printed Terrys locker instead of Charlies locker and it says Terry got drunk instead of Charlie and Terry had *** with Chris, instead of Charlie. I am sure though that this was a misprint and an error on the computer when editing. I am of course being nitpicky.

Overall I found this book a good read, although I did find it difficult to read sometimes and I thought about stopping as i found it terribly upsetting and hard to deal with, especially as I have never experienced anything like this. Thankfully. But I wanted to know Keri was okay and even through her darkest hour she clung onto the hope that one day things would be better, and tried to make them better for herself. I will be reading the next book, as I said I am interested in what happens to Keri, and some of the other people in the book. I am glad now that I read a book from the Amazon reading list rather than sticking to my usual genre.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2012 9:56 PM BST