Profile for Michael Beijer > Reviews

Content by Michael Beijer

Michael Beijer "Michael Beijer" (Hastings, East Sussex, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2
Original Lavolta Charger for Apple MacBook 60W Magnetic Power Adapter L-Shape [until Summer 2012 Models]
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good. Possibly better than the original., 14 Jun 2014
So far so good. I've only been using it for a few weeks, but so far it has performed identically to the original. Oh yeah, I actually got through 3 replacements for the Apple original, so I have a feeling these copies can't be much worse.

Apple makes beautiful products, but a simple (clunky, black plastic) Windows laptop power charger usually last for 20 years. These fancy-looking Mac thingees are cute toys.

Zondag
Zondag
Price: 5.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! (reminds me of ‘Quality Hotel’), 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Zondag (MP3 Download)
This reminds me of ‘Quality Hotel’ (a collaborative piece by Stephan Mathieu, Radboud Mens, Janek Schaefer andTimeblind).

Funnily enough, Piero Scaruffi wrote:

‘He has also engaged in a number of improvised collaborations that add up to very little: Heroin (Staalplaat, 2001) with Ekkehard Ehlers, Quality Hotel (Mutek, 2003) with Radboud Mens, Janek Schaefer and Timeblind, Reciprocess (Bip-Hop, 2003) with Douglas Benford.’

This is hilariously wrong and idiotic, as Quality Hotel was probably one of the best things Stephan Mathieu et al. ever did.

Anyway, ‘Zondag’ reminds me of it, which is a GOOD thing.

Michael Beijer [...]

NEW Create&Case "Follow the Sky" stylish, unique and colourful Apple iPad mini case - premium flip case with auto sleep / wake up feature. Part of the Create&Case "Artist Designed" collection
Offered by CreateandCase
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this., 26 Mar 2014
I bought this quite a while ago, and it is still going strong. Two little pieces broke off of the top right and left sides, but it is still held firmly in place. It has also slightly faded, but that just made it look better.

Wolter's Handwoordenboek: Nederlands-Engels
Wolter's Handwoordenboek: Nederlands-Engels
by K Ten Bruggencate

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all., 26 Mar 2014
I collect Dutch-English dictionaries and am a professional translator & terminologist, and although this isn’t exactly a dictionary I use every day, I do occasionally find something useful in it. For a layman, it would probably be a great little dictionary.

GMYLE(TM) Super Slim USB 2.0 Mini Keyboard For Windows 7 XP Vista
GMYLE(TM) Super Slim USB 2.0 Mini Keyboard For Windows 7 XP Vista
Offered by Clever Gadgets
Price: 12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Hell yeah., 26 Mar 2014
OK, so I am a bit of a keyboard collector, and am still in search of ‘The Perfect Keyboard’ (for a Windows PC).

I have had an expensive Filco mechanical keyboard, tons of old cheap PC keyboards that came with various computers over the years, a few Microsoft keyboards, an expensive, flat, backlit Logitech that was kind of nice but whose keys broke off within a few months, a wired Apple full-sized keyboard, a wired short Apple keyboard (I couldn’t remap the stupid Fn key to function as a Ctrl, so had to give it to my wife, who has a Mac), the new Lenovo ThinkPad Compact USB keyboard (Note to Lenovo: You are a bunch of morons; no one wants the bottom left-most key to be the Fn key. That is where the Control key goes, you MORONS!), etc.

As I said above, I am still looking for the right one. However, a few months ago I bought this one, because it was the closest I could find to what I wanted, and it has really grown on me. I’m not saying that it’s perfect; it is VERY bouncy (if you pound on the keys like I do), and obviously made of very cheap plastic ... but somehow I seem to really like it.

If anyone from Lenovo or Apple is listening: the BEST keyboard EVER would probably be the wired Apple full-sized keyboard (this one: [...]), but then sawn right off at the number pad. It's way too wide to use with a mouse to the left and a Wacom tablet to the right.

Moshi Concerti Case for Apple iPad Mini - Falcon Grey
Moshi Concerti Case for Apple iPad Mini - Falcon Grey
Price: 29.58

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem., 27 May 2013
It doesn't reliably switch off your iPad when you close it. Its also collects dog fur. One more thing I didn't like was that the edges are black and rubbery around the front of your iPad. I got a different kind of case afterwards that doesn't cover up any of the front of your device, which I like much better.

The Mate Factor Bombilla Alpaca Silver Drinking Straw, Alpaca Silver 1 Pc
The Mate Factor Bombilla Alpaca Silver Drinking Straw, Alpaca Silver 1 Pc
Offered by Atlantic Trading Company
Price: 7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars It has a problem., 27 May 2013
Because the little slits are only on one side this bombilla doesn't really pull properly. It is beautiful but I had to switch back to my simple cheap one.

Sony Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - Black
Sony Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Connectivity issues!, 29 Nov 2011
It's a shame, because I really like how it looks, and the isolated keys are great, but I have had to replace it with a NEW! KeySonic 6000U Compact USB Media Keyboard because of connectivity issues. I do a lot of typing, and I can't stand the delays and problems where a letter will start printing endlessly on my screen, etc.

I have learned my lesson: no more wireless devices for my work pc.

Contour RollerMouse Free 2, Black
Contour RollerMouse Free 2, Black
Offered by Wellworking
Price: 219.99

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING! Highly recommended., 22 July 2011
This review is from: Contour RollerMouse Free 2, Black
I have tried a normal mouse, trackpads, a DXT ergonomic (vertical) mouse, and a Wacom tablet, and the minute I plugged the RollerMouse Free2 in, I actually unplugged them all.

This thing is AMAZING. Highly recommended. It is easily worth the extra money.

Michael

Van Goor's Miniature English Dictionary. English-Dutch and Dutch-English.
Van Goor's Miniature English Dictionary. English-Dutch and Dutch-English.
by Van Goor

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a funny little dictionary. More for collecting than using. But I am a collector, so I like it., 30 Nov 2010
Information:

"Van Goor's Miniatuur Engelsch Woordenboek

Vijftiende druk

Den Haag - 1946 - Batavia
G.B. Van Goor Zonen's U.M. - N.V."

Page: 1 | 2