ARRAY(0xae4c9744)

Page: 1 | 2
Birdcage Walk: A Novel
Birdcage Walk: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping true story, 24 Feb 2014
The author tells the very sad, but fascinating true story of an unfortunate series of events that place the central character, George Wolfe at the scene of a crime he did not commit.
In telling his story, she vividly brings Edwardian London back to life.
If you enjoy historical crime novels, you will love this book. It is well written and researched. I would recommend that you give it a try.

MORE True Time Travel Stories: Amazing Real Life Stories in The News (Time Travel Books)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read:, 20 Feb 2014
I enjoyed this, but it was more like reading an article than a book, I can't complain too much as this book was free.
I would definitely recommend it's companion, but I wish that the author had made both books longer.

True Time Travel Stories: Amazing Real Life Stories In The News (Time Travel Books)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, but would have liked more., 19 Feb 2014
I really enjoyed this book, it is well researched, and the writer provides a variety of intriguing facts, and reports of incidents to draw the reader in.
I only wish that the author had made this book longer as I could have happily read more on the subject!

River of Destiny
River of Destiny

4.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read., 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: River of Destiny (Kindle Edition)
I have read a number of books by this author and this one whilst not as fast paced as some of her others, was very good and did not disappoint.

Cubeworld - A Minecraft Novel
Cubeworld - A Minecraft Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars My review on Cubeworld, 18 Nov 2013
I thought this was an extremely exiting book, it puts lots of imagery into your head and I couldn't find any other book like it, I normally don't read very often but this book has inspired me to read more, I love the idea of mine-craft being inside your head, and abnormal things happening, different to the real mine-craft, overall this is, in my opinion, a brilliant book, I recommend it to people aged 10 to 16. However, there could be more pages.

A Street Cat Named Bob
A Street Cat Named Bob

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful story, 24 Oct 2013
Miracles happen! Bob the cat is proof of that. I have always thought that animals are just as intelligent as humans and that we vastly underestimate them. Bob is definitely no ordinary cat!
When cat meets human, both of their lives are changed for the better! This is a great read for all the family, and it is a wonderful story about the triumph of love over adversity.

Girl A: The truth about the Rochdale sex ring by the victim who stopped them
Girl A: The truth about the Rochdale sex ring by the victim who stopped them

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes for harrowing reading, 15 Oct 2013
A very compelling read that exposes unpleasant truths about modern Britain and how the most poor and poverty stricken amongst white females are it seems, those most open to abuse. This book is a very sad indictment against modern society, I can only hope the police and social services will be more vigilant in future.
As for girl A, I can only feel the utmost compassion for her and the utmost admiration for her bravery in telling her story. I wish her well in the future.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2014 8:09 PM GMT

Are Aliens Real? Aliens and UFOs Proof
Are Aliens Real? Aliens and UFOs Proof

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read based on convincing testimonies., 7 Oct 2013
This book although short, presents evidence and quotes from official sources that cannot easily be dismissed.
These facts alone make it a valuable contribution to the genre.

E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality

2.0 out of 5 stars You can't judge everyone by yourself!, 4 Oct 2013
Whilst this book is very positive, what the author fails to acknowledge is that not everyone can come at life from such a persistently positive stance all of the time.
I suspect from anecdotes that she provides that her own childhood was largely one of being surrounded by love and that she had a stable background and a loving nuclear family unit.
Research suggests that such a background will produce self esteem and therefore self belief in a child early on, it is clear that the author had this and that's great for her.
The mistake she makes is to judge us all by her experience, not all of us have had stable childhoods and therefore, some of us will struggle to square her belief in positive outcomes with our less than positive pasts and the difficulty that negative experiences teach us to expect more of the same!
I think she should have devoted a bit more time to how you undo the habit of negative thought patterns and how you can turn them around.

Messages: The World's Most Documented Extraterrestrial Contact Story
Messages: The World's Most Documented Extraterrestrial Contact Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 2 Oct 2013
A very convincing story with documented evidence, I found this book very intriguing and a positive take on what can be a very puzzling subject.

Page: 1 | 2