Profile for Skyler > Reviews

Ideal Home
Ideal Home
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish app, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: Ideal Home (App)
Purchased a single mag edition which kept hanging and crashing, now can't access the mag at all, also seems to want me to have an annual sub to view something I already paid for. V annoying. Also unless u have a stupid kindle email u can't even access any assistance.

Lady Susan
Lady Susan
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bad lady ever, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Lady Susan (Kindle Edition)
I love this character, mean, self absorbed and utterly scheming. Reminds me of some women I know!
Too, too short a read but still delicious.

Delia's Frugal Food
Delia's Frugal Food
by Delia Smith
Price: 14.39

3.0 out of 5 stars frugal but is this really appropriate?, 25 Jan 2009
This review is from: Delia's Frugal Food (Hardcover)
Bought this as my mum had a copy in the 1970's and I so remember these dishes. Delia recipes in my experience just always work, she is such a careful cook, so no concerns on that front. Just made the best toad-in- the-hole ever, ever in the history of such dishes, from this book. But, the thing I found disappointing was just quite how many recipes feature "a pinch of cayenne" -- seriously, you wouldn't believe it. I am a huge critic of Gordon Ramsay because virtually no recipe he has ever published does not feature the cheap thrill of chilli in some form or another, and was hugely disappointed to find Delia doing the same thing. OK my "beef" is because I do have a serious allergy, but on the other hand, it is way too easy to liven up an otherwise boring dish with such ingredients and it just encourages chefs all over England to do the same, which gives me enormous probs eating out. Find some other way guys! This is not the flavour of great British food! Rant over, if you are not allergic (as more than a million of us in the UK are), probably a wonderful book for you.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2009 1:36 PM BST