Profile for Alan R > Reviews

Content by Alan R

Alan R (Chelmsford, Essex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Collins Scrabble Dictionary
Collins Scrabble Dictionary
by unknown

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential!, 27 Sep 2011
We have found that this is essential for a good game - you just need the simple rule if it is in the book, it's ok - even if you have no idea what it means or how it can possibly be a word! We have as many laughs at the words that are in the book as the ones that are not!

Potato Peeler Rex made in Swiss  Guaranteed quality
Potato Peeler Rex made in Swiss Guaranteed quality
Offered by cookware company
Price: 1.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Best peelers you can buy, 27 Sep 2011
In a previous life I was a chef and we used to use these peelers all the time - I have never got on with anything esle and find these to be excellent in all respects and they last ages.

Lloytron N704 AM/FM Pocket Radio
Lloytron N704 AM/FM Pocket Radio

1.0 out of 5 stars The best bit is the box, 27 Sep 2011
It was not expensive so I did not have high hopes but it fails dismally to live up to my very low expectations!!

I bought this as a small radio for fishing and small it is; the only problem is it calls itself a radio! I am yet to manage to find a radio station with it which is audiable at all either at home or out and about - only crackle.

The only saving grace is that the cardboard box it comes in is just the right size, quite good quality and fits another gadget well which did not have a box. The radio will not be going out again - don't waste your money.

Field Guide to African Wildlife (National Audubon Society)
Field Guide to African Wildlife (National Audubon Society)
by Peter Alden
Edition: Flexibound
Price: 14.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice book, 27 Sep 2011
This was great on our holidat to South Africa. Had nearly everything we saw in it and the amount of information is just right. has a good section with colour pictures and a corresponding section of text. Book is about 4cm thick so a comprehensive guide!

The Rough Guide to Cape Town, The Winelands & The Garden Route
The Rough Guide to Cape Town, The Winelands & The Garden Route
by Tony Pinchuck

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped us have an amazing trip, 27 Sep 2011
We found this guide to be really useful, easy to navigate around and contained a good amount of information. This certainly helped us have the holiday of a lifetime as we drove from Cape Town along to just north of Port Elizabeth. Look no further than this for a great guide of this part of South Africa. Also being specific, there is no need to carry a huge book which covers the whole of South Africa. That said, if you are travelling more widely you may want to consider this point.

BIPRA 2.5" Portable Hard Drive Protective Carry Case - Black
BIPRA 2.5" Portable Hard Drive Protective Carry Case - Black
Price: 4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good compact product, 27 Sep 2011
Excellent hard drive, good case, good value. I am really pleased with this and we now live off a laptop and this and have done away with the PC altogether!

Wilson Omni Eyewear Protection
Wilson Omni Eyewear Protection
Offered by Equipe-Europe
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but steam up, 27 Sep 2011
These were really great for the first 20 minutes or so of a session and then I found that they steamed up. I am an exceptionally hot person though and I also bought a pair for my squash partner and he loves them and has no problems at all.

Hoya 62mm UV Filter
Hoya 62mm UV Filter
Offered by CameraKing
Price: 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 27 Sep 2011
This review is from: Hoya 62mm UV Filter (Accessory)
Just wnat I needed and better value than the high street. This is now a permanant fixture on my zoom lens.

Oust Dishwasher & Washing Machine Descaler
Oust Dishwasher & Washing Machine Descaler
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd
Price: 2.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat, 27 Sep 2011
No more smelly clothes.....one dose of this and the occasional hot wash combined with a smaller amount or softener in each wash = lovely smelling clothes once more!

58mm High Resolution 3-piece Filter Set (UV, Fluorescent, Polarizer) - Black - for Olympus EVOLT E-410, EVOLT E-510
Offered by Smart Shop UK
Price: 7.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 27 Sep 2011
Great little pack of filters. Just as described, fit nicely and screw on smothly. Good quality fittings and nice light for pictures. The UV one lives on my lens!

Page: 1 | 2