Profile for Thomas H. Atkinson > Reviews

Content by Thomas H. Atkinson

Thomas H. Atkinson "atkinson207" (cheshire, england)

Page: 1 | 2
Park Tool Steel Core Tyre Levers TL-6
Park Tool Steel Core Tyre Levers TL-6

5.0 out of 5 stars Every cyclist needs these., 14 May 2015
Fantastic piece of kit really pleased with the product.

voltX 'Constructor' Bifocal Reading Safety Glasses/Cycling Sports Sunglasses (+2.0 Dioptre, Smoke) - Wraparound Style - FREE safety cord with headstop with each pair
Offered by StraightLines

5.0 out of 5 stars Great if you ride a bike and need specs., 14 May 2015
Pleased with these as I can now read my Garmin while I am riding my bike.

Best Buyer UK Garmin Edge 200 Silicon Rubber Protective Case Mid Blue
Best Buyer UK Garmin Edge 200 Silicon Rubber Protective Case Mid Blue
Offered by Best Buyer UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, 14 May 2015
Super product fits Garmin well and looks good

Braun 32B/33B Replacement Foil Multi Silver BLS Cassette (Packaging may vary)
Braun 32B/33B Replacement Foil Multi Silver BLS Cassette (Packaging may vary)

Excellent product .

Garmin Vivofit Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Tracker - Black
Garmin Vivofit Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Tracker - Black

An excellent fitness device

The Friendly Swede Silicone Fasteners for Garmin Vivofit Wristband (12 Pack)
The Friendly Swede Silicone Fasteners for Garmin Vivofit Wristband (12 Pack)
Offered by The Friendly Swede [UK]

Perfect for keeping Garmin safe

The Limit: Life and Death in Formula One's Most Dangerous Era
The Limit: Life and Death in Formula One's Most Dangerous Era

5.0 out of 5 stars The limit: a great look at Motor racing in the 50's and 60's, 12 Jan. 2014
An excellent read for all motor racing fans young and old. For the mature reader like me it brings back the reality of the racing our boyhood heroes like Moss, etc were involved in. For the younger reader it describes the roots of Grand Prix racing, especially the fascinating role played by the great Enzo Ferrari.

SuperEgo
SuperEgo

5.0 out of 5 stars High octane story, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: SuperEgo (Kindle Edition)
A great story by Julia Wurz, about the work of a press officer for the fictitious DuPont F1 team. The story shows the stressful and high speed world of F1, and also the dirty dealing which goes on. Running alongside is the effect this kind of work has on the friendships of the main character. If you are a fan of F1 enjoy the read.

Thrustmaster T500 RS Force Wheel with Feedback (PS3/PC)
Thrustmaster T500 RS Force Wheel with Feedback (PS3/PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown away, 12 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this wheel a few days ago, and my first impressions were good. Upon opening the box, i was greeted with beautiful shiny metal and it all looked (and felt) very well made and weighty. My wheel before this was a Logitech DFGT, which i thought was pretty good.
First thing i did was play gran turismo, where i was blown away by the wheels speed, and also how much force it took to fully depress the brake pedal.
The feedback was good, but not as 'brutal' as i'd envisaged. However, the feeling of oversteer, and more specifically understeer was much more impressive than the DFGT.

Today, i gave F1 2011 a go, and was absolutely stunned. on 100% feedback it was violent! So much so people in my house could feel it in the kitchen. Every shift could be felt through the wheel. It was INCREDIBLE, and I ended up doing a full race distance in just time trial. I was just enjoying 'driving' so much!

A little side note here: At my university, we have a £300,000 'cruden simulator', which is the same kind of thing that F1 teams use for their simulators. It's a big rig which shakes and reacts. It's pretty damn awesome. HOWEVER, I'd honestly say, that the T500 gives you better feedback of the road and the forces through the wheels. Also, the pedals have more 'feel to them'.

A second side note - I have raced karts professionally since 2007, and in terms of feel, the t500 is the closest thing to real i've ever used.

Well worth the money. I love it.

Flat Out, Flat Broke: Formula 1 The Hard Way
Flat Out, Flat Broke: Formula 1 The Hard Way
by Damon Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 30 Aug. 2011
I bought this book for my Dad at christmas, as he's a big motorsport fan. He read it, and loved it. Then it was forgotten up until last week, when i didn't quite get the A-level results i wanted (nailed the exams but everybodys coursework got marked down), meaning i wouldn't be able to follow my dream to study motorsport at a certain university.
After spending a few days being moody and upset with my sister, i returned home to find the book on my bed with 'read this' written on a note next to it.

I read it in that afternoon.

I can't believe how much bad luck could happen to one guy, and more importantly, i couldn't believe how it didn't seem to get to him, or dent his self belief. It was an enthralling story, written with a beautiful comic undertone, that it uplifted me, and after hours of trying, i got into a fantastic university, on a fantastic motorsport course, and hopefully i'm on my way to formula one.

For a motorsport fan, this is great, and gives a real insight in to the lower formula, and what it's like to run with a low end f1 team, and how hard it can be.

More importantly, it's a story of how one mans struggle to reach his dream, and how to never give up, no matter what.

It's been fantastic for me. Everybody should read it

And email him after, he'll reply! =]

Buy it, and enjoy it.