Profile for Mr. Andrew Weir > Reviews

Content by Mr. Andrew Weir

Mr. Andrew Weir "theWeir" (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Big volume, good mechanism - can drip, 21 Aug 2013
A cracking product in the main. Confident pour/liquid release. Lid needs to be really tight to prevent drips, but can be tricky to remove if not on tight enough.

Nalgene All-Terrain ATB Flip Top Bottle (650ml)
Nalgene All-Terrain ATB Flip Top Bottle (650ml)
Offered by Leisure Lakes Bikes

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bottle, watch the lid, 21 Aug 2013
A great bottle for on the bike, good quality plastics and no leaks.

Only thing to watch is that the flip-lid can be knocked off quite easily. Have had to double back to pick it up a few times when I've knocked it off on the bike frame.

2PCS Quantity 2 Plastic PC Bottle Water Cage Black MTB Road Bike (White)
2PCS Quantity 2 Plastic PC Bottle Water Cage Black MTB Road Bike (White)

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product - functional but not the best, 21 Aug 2013
I bought two of these for my road bike and while they work fine, they don't inspire a lot of confidence that they'll last more than a few months of use (commuting 75-100 miles a week)

Quite rattly on the bike when empty, but okay with holding a bottle.

Nalgene 'Everyday OTF' bottle 0,7 L, transp., lid orange
Nalgene 'Everyday OTF' bottle 0,7 L, transp., lid orange
Offered by Daleswear Outdoors

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality plastic, lid is secure (and watertight). Mechanism appears durable, 21 Aug 2013
Ordered for my desk a work rather than refilling branded water bottles. Pleased with the quality of this one (and that it's BPA free).

Seems to be durable enough for lots of opening/closing.

Sennheiser CX 400 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones with Integrated Volume Control - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, great price - just a few niggles, 26 July 2011
There's lots to like about these earbuds.

I've had three sets of CX300s over the last four years (gigging and exercise take their toll...) and this set are probably the best I've had.

While the packaging isn't as environmentally friendly as other versions, the fit of the buds is definately better. There's a handy, if a little fiddly, carry pouch and frame too.

Only drawback is the volume control can be a little crackly - some electronic cleaner did the job. It can mean that the left/right balance is a little out. That may be my hearing though ;0>

Praise Habit: Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi (Experiencing God)
Praise Habit: Finding God in Sunsets and Sushi (Experiencing God)
by David Crowder

5.0 out of 5 stars Humourous, Challenging, Inspiring, Simple, Complex, 26 Mar 2010
Great book.

Breathe.

Elite Premium Battery for T-Mobile G1 / HTC Dream
Elite Premium Battery for T-Mobile G1 / HTC Dream

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but can cut out, 26 Mar 2010
I've had this as a back-up battery when travelling as the G1 battery doesn't hold it's charge very well at all.

This one works, fits alright, but if you keep the phone in your pocket and are doing anything too physical, the phone can power down without you doing anything. Not ideal...

Nintendo Wii Console with Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort and Motion Plus Controller (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 26 Mar 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've never been one to play video games. Ever.

But the Wii is so much fun, and it's another way of being active.

Interestingly, we borrowed one from a friend before we bought from Amazon, just to see how much we'd enjoy having one.

Sure, you can spend lots on other games, and there's other consoles with better graphics and all that, but nothing (yet) beats the playability of the Wii. It's also great for playing with people, such a laugh!

Sennheiser MX55VC - Streetline Headphones With Twist To Fit System & Volume Control

5.0 out of 5 stars twist, fit and move on, 25 Feb 2008
After having three pairs of Sony MDR-J10 headphones - two that have died due to cable-tangles and the third not working out of the box, I decided it was time for a change.

So, I elected to trust an alternative brand (Sony doesn't really do it for me, being an Apple-boy). And I have not been disappointed! In fact, I am delighted. The first thing is that they fit - they don't fall out, they don't make my ear canal get wet and with the correct grommets, they don't get sore. Which helps.

Then there's the real bonus. They sounds pretty sweet. No, that's not right. They sound great. There's not as much bass-response as I'd hoped for, but that's probably my aural expectation more than the headphones fault. The separation of sounds is exactly what I would expect from Sennheiser.

In the past, I have only used these headphones for listening to music while running - but they'll get more use than that now.

These headphones are well worth it.

Words That Work: It's Not What You Say, It's What People Hear
Words That Work: It's Not What You Say, It's What People Hear
by Frank I. Luntz

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but it's not quite right, 22 Feb 2008
Okay, so I was expecting a lot from the grandiose title. I *was* left a little disappointed and by 3/4 of the way through the book wanted to just stop reading....however I didn't.

I took a reasonable amount from the first half of the book, and from the "words that work" chapter but it would be churlish not to recognise that this is an All-American book, by a right-of-centre American. So don't expect it to have global appeal.

I'm no Dickens, but there were moment when I thought that the author had lost the plot - there's sections that just don't seem to fit with each other!

I enjoyed the read. But it's not the cure-all that it promises to be.