Profile for ymberlenis > Reviews

ymberlenis (Manchester, UK)

ts-ideen 5163 Plug In Shelf
ts-ideen 5163 Plug In Shelf

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 9 Jun 2014
I bought this to replace a large canvas double wardrobe in my studio flat, because, frankly, a large canvas double wardrobe is quite unwieldy and unattractive in a studio flat. This is serving so, so well as the replacement unit. What I love about it:

It's attractive.
It doesn't necessarily look like a wardrobe. It could just as easily be a decorative storage unit. As I try to delineate a living space from a sleeping space within the confines of one room, this makes it feel less like my living space has been invaded with what would otherwise be bedroom furniture.

It's modular.
The flexibility of the shape and design are fantastic when trying to work within limited space. It doesn't HAVE to be one certain width or height; I have some room to change it into a shape that suits me and my needs. Also, I plan to buy more in time, and use it for more than just a wardrobe. Its ability to grow seamlessly by simply having more parts increases how flexible it can be. And, the design of having cubes (and thus more shelves) to store things in, as opposed to a tall, open wardrobe, means that I am able to store more in this unit than I could in that old wardrobe, even though it was a good half-meter taller than this.

It's sturdy.
Don't get me wrong: I probably wouldn't use this as, say, a bookshelf to hold rows and rows of big, heavy textbooks. But the shelves are holding up well under shoes, heavy blankets, cones of wool, stacks of clothes, etc. It's not made of a hard plastic, and the material is fairly thin and malleable, but it's constructed sturdily enough around its frame that it hasn't even shown signs of straining under a fair amount of weight.

I would recommend this for anyone looking for a convenient and attractive storage solution. It would serve for any storage purpose, not just as a wardrobe, though it certainly is meeting my needs for that function as well. The only thing I would warn about, though, is that the actual hanging area of the wardrobe isn't very wide, so if you have a large collection of clothes you want to hang, you may find yourself struggling for space. If you're like me, and happy to fold most of your clothes, this won't be an issue at all.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, 6 Oct 2012
I love these needles so much. They stay cool even after hours of knitting; other wood and bamboo needles tend to retain the heat of hand, and after a while, it gets harder to move the yarn over them. These have the comfort of wood and the coolness of metal. Also, the points are fantastic - the sharp points make wonderful for accuracy.

It's fantastic to have multiple cable lengths, and even better is to finally have cables that don't twist and bend during a project. They're flexible, without being unwieldy. Also, the caps available for the cables allow me to keep a project on a cable while freeing the needles for other things.

I've read other reviews complaining that the needles tend to separate from the cables too easily, but I've not had this problem at all. The key to lock it is simple to use and secures them very well.

The colours on the wood are beautiful, too. I love the way they look. Another reviewer mentioned that it makes it hard to see the yarn on the needle, and I can see how that would be a problem, but even with my fairly poor eyesight, it's not given me any trouble, and I've used several differently coloured and weighted yarns.

This set is absolutely gorgeous both in appearance and functionality. I can't recommend them highly enough. I would love to convert my entire knitting collection to the Symfonie style!

Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning - Caramel
Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning - Caramel
Offered by JM POSNER

5.0 out of 5 stars Best popcorn seasoning, 3 Mar 2012
Whoever panned this has no idea what they're talking about. This stuff makes popcorn taste delicious, providing you put enough of it on your popcorn and shake it enough.