Profile for Dr. A. Andersonn > Reviews

Content by Dr. A. Andersonn

Dr. A. Andersonn (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Fifty Shades of Grey Hard Limits Bed Restraint Kit
Fifty Shades of Grey Hard Limits Bed Restraint Kit
Offered by Scarlet Room

4.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good kit, 10 Oct 2014
Whilst not quite as secure as the more expensive counterparts, my partner who, admittedly, is a petite woman without much strength, is unable to free herself from the under-bed restraints. We have used other systems, and these are very comfortable on the wrists and ankles, allowing for a full struggle, without any burns or scars to show afterwards.

The straps are easily installed to any bed, as they are simply inserted under the mattress, and are easily concealed by tucking them away, if you wish to hide them from house guests.

The cuffs attach with Velcro, and fasten well enough to hold her (very small) wrists and ankles. The mask included with the set is padded, which is perfect for BDSM. Good eye protection, should you choose to slap your partner's face. One issue we noted though is that the mask does not stay on the face very well if lying down, the elastic that holds the mask to her head is a little flimsy, and it easily tugs off with a slight struggle.

Disclaimer: Please ensure that full consent is sought and limits are agreed upon before using any equipment like this. Also include the use of a safe word.

Fifty Shades of Grey Sweet Sting Riding Crop
Fifty Shades of Grey Sweet Sting Riding Crop

2.0 out of 5 stars A nice crop, but poorly constructed. Broke after a week of use., 10 Oct 2014
A well presented riding crop with a good sting to it, the construction quality is better than many crops on the market, but the leather tip (what really gives it the sting) broke off after a week of use. The silver (leather / leatherette?) tip is attached with a thread. The thread remained attached, but the leather tore, making the crop less usable.

Of course, one could argue that I was too rough with it, but I feel that a BDSM tool like this should be designed for heavy use, which this, apparently was not.

I have reattached the tip with hot glue, and it now functions again as before, but with cosmetic imperfections. I like the crop, I only wish it were constructed more securely.

Fetish Fantasy Breathable Ball Gag, Black
Fetish Fantasy Breathable Ball Gag, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Large strap, not good for smaller heads., 10 Oct 2014
The gag ball appears to be strong, with little to no risk of choking, the holes in the ball offer extra safety in that regard, but the strap is too large. My partner is very petite, and even after creating an additional hole right at the far end of the strap, it is easily shifted. Far from desirable for a rougher scene.

Good value for money, but not for those with small heads.

Optimum Nutrition Tribulus 625 mg - Pack of 100 Capsules
Optimum Nutrition Tribulus 625 mg - Pack of 100 Capsules

1.0 out of 5 stars Ineffective for raising serum testosterone levels., 10 Oct 2014
Tribulus Terrestris has been shown in a number of controlled studies to have no effect of serum testosterone levels, which is one of the main advertised benefits of the plant.

I am a medical professional, and a powerlifter. I take a number of dietary supplements, provided they are proven effective in controlled studies. I was very sceptical when I read the claims that Tribulus "boosted" testosterone, but I felt I'd give it a try for a month, and I noticed only gastrointestinal symptoms, which were less than desirable (I had an upset stomach).

Here are a few of the aforementioned research study publications:

Brown GA, Vukovich MD, Reifenrath TA, Uhl NL, Parsons KA, Sharp RL, King DS (2000). "Effects of anabolic precursors on serum testosterone concentrations and adaptations to resistance training in young men". International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism 10 (3): 340–59.

Brown GA, Vukovich MD, Martini ER, Kohut ML, Franke WD, Jackson DA, King DS (2001). "Endocrine and lipid responses to chronic androstenediol-herbal supplementation in 30 to 58 year old men". J Am Coll Nutr 20 (5): 520–8.

Neychev VK, & Mitev VI. (2005). "The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men". Journal of Ethnopharmacology 101 (1–3): 319–23.

Fifty Shades of Grey Please Sir Flogger
Fifty Shades of Grey Please Sir Flogger

4.0 out of 5 stars A very light beginner's flogger, good for teasing., 10 Oct 2014
A very light flogger. Even with a lot of force, this can be used on the most sensitive areas. This is more of a teaser than anything else, and those new to BDSM may find this a good entry point. This particular flogger is very light, and will be very unlikely to leave any sort of mark.

A good way to begin the scene before working up to something with a sting to it, such as a paddle,riding crop, or cat o' nine tails. A light flogger like this works well with some form of restraint and a blindfold.

I have used this flogger for two weeks, and whilst it has served well as a teaser, I am not particularly impressed with the quality. The price at the time of purchase appears inflated due to the 50SoG branding.

Do-Win weightlifting shoes 'Gong Lu II' (Power), UK 5-15, Red/Yellow
Do-Win weightlifting shoes 'Gong Lu II' (Power), UK 5-15, Red/Yellow
Price: £68.00 - £195.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic lifting shoes, 16 Dec 2013
These really are great lifting shoes. I haven't tried the Adipowers or Nike Romaleos, so I can't offer a comparison.
I typically wear a size 11, and after reading the other reviews for this shoe, I bought size 10.5, which fits me well.
I noticed a marked improvement in my lifting, particularly with squats - it was much easier to go lower.

OtterBox Commuter Series Two-Layer Protection Case Cover with Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good case, well designed., 24 Sep 2013
I purchased this hard wearing case after completely shattering my S3's screen (and replacing it). It is very well designed, with only one (very minor) flaw; there is a piece of plastic near the headphone jack's rubber flap, which is simply too thin. It broke within the first day of use. This does not affect the functionality or the aesthetics of the case AT ALL, it's simply a minor, pedantic, annoyance.

I am very pleased with the design of the case, though getting the phone in and out can be challenging, as it's such a tight fit. Overall, I would recommend otterbox cases to anybody with an expensive phone.

Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau de Toilette Spray for Men 200 ml
Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau de Toilette Spray for Men 200 ml
Offered by UK Fragrance Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars A strong, masculine scent, which lasts a long time., 24 Sep 2013
1 Million is a strong Eau de Toilette. I love it. It lasts a long time on the skin, and remains pleasant throughout the day.
I'm often complimented when wearing this, but would advise those who are new to strong scents to go easy on it; it can be overpowering.

Gelert X-Treme Lite Mat - Orange/W Black Base, 120 X 50 X 4 Cm
Gelert X-Treme Lite Mat - Orange/W Black Base, 120 X 50 X 4 Cm

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent mat. Stood up well to a week long camping trip., 20 July 2012
Having used a number of standard lightweight foam mats and inflatable mattresses to sleep on in the past, this is by far my favourite solution to avoiding the cold or rough ground. I am thoroughly impressed with this mat.

The mat comes in a convenient storage bag, which contains a small puncture repair kit. The storage bag is loose, but not large. Getting the mat in the storage bag was effortless, which is more than can be said for some sleeping bag, or tent storage bags.

I removed the air from, rolled up the mat, and returned it to its storage bag 3 times (with ease) during my trip, and was able to deflate and roll the mat in a minute or two.

The manufacturing quality is excellent, and I believe this will serve me well for many years.

I am 189cm tall (6ft 2~), and I did not find the 3/4 length of this mat to be a problem.

Yellowstone 4 Piece Cutlery Set
Yellowstone 4 Piece Cutlery Set
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible metallic taste, 1 July 2012
The knife, fork, and spoon all fit nicely into a metal sheath, which holds them quite firmly in place.
However, they carry a very strong metallic taste, so strong that it's off-putting to eat with.
They're also not very strong, they bend easily.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3