Profile for Dr. A. Andersonn > Reviews

Content by Dr. A. Andersonn

Dr. A. Andersonn (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Do-Win weightlifting shoes 'Gong Lu II' (Power), UK 5-15, Red/Yellow
Do-Win weightlifting shoes 'Gong Lu II' (Power), UK 5-15, Red/Yellow
Offered by Big Bug Sports
Price: 68.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic lifting shoes, 16 Dec 2013
These really are great lifting shoes. I haven't tried the Adipowers or Nike Romaleos, so I can't offer a comparison.
I typically wear a size 11, and after reading the other reviews for this shoe, I bought size 10.5, which fits me well.
I noticed a marked improvement in my lifting, particularly with squats - it was much easier to go lower.

OtterBox Commuter Series Two-Layer Protection Case Cover with Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S3 - Black
Offered by Ballicom International
Price: 17.42

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good case, well designed., 24 Sep 2013
I purchased this hard wearing case after completely shattering my S3's screen (and replacing it). It is very well designed, with only one (very minor) flaw; there is a piece of plastic near the headphone jack's rubber flap, which is simply too thin. It broke within the first day of use. This does not affect the functionality or the aesthetics of the case AT ALL, it's simply a minor, pedantic, annoyance.

I am very pleased with the design of the case, though getting the phone in and out can be challenging, as it's such a tight fit. Overall, I would recommend otterbox cases to anybody with an expensive phone.

Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau de Toilette Spray for Men 200 ml
Paco Rabanne 1 Million Eau de Toilette Spray for Men 200 ml
Price: 58.21

5.0 out of 5 stars A strong, masculine scent, which lasts a long time., 24 Sep 2013
1 Million is a strong Eau de Toilette. I love it. It lasts a long time on the skin, and remains pleasant throughout the day.
I'm often complimented when wearing this, but would advise those who are new to strong scents to go easy on it; it can be overpowering.

Diesel Zero Plus Eau De Toilette Spray for Men 75ml
Diesel Zero Plus Eau De Toilette Spray for Men 75ml
Offered by perfumeprice
Price: 17.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Very "cheap" smell. Overpowering and unpleasant., 24 Sep 2013
I didn't expect much for the cost, and I was right not to; the scent is absolutely disgusting.
I was incredibly disappointed with this Eau de Toilette, and I'm shocked at the number of positive reviews.

Gelert X-Treme Lite Mat - Orange/W Black Base, 120 X 50 X 4 Cm
Gelert X-Treme Lite Mat - Orange/W Black Base, 120 X 50 X 4 Cm

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent mat. Stood up well to a week long camping trip., 20 July 2012
Having used a number of standard lightweight foam mats and inflatable mattresses to sleep on in the past, this is by far my favourite solution to avoiding the cold or rough ground. I am thoroughly impressed with this mat.

The mat comes in a convenient storage bag, which contains a small puncture repair kit. The storage bag is loose, but not large. Getting the mat in the storage bag was effortless, which is more than can be said for some sleeping bag, or tent storage bags.

I removed the air from, rolled up the mat, and returned it to its storage bag 3 times (with ease) during my trip, and was able to deflate and roll the mat in a minute or two.

The manufacturing quality is excellent, and I believe this will serve me well for many years.

I am 189cm tall (6ft 2~), and I did not find the 3/4 length of this mat to be a problem.

Yellowstone 4 Piece Cutlery Set
Yellowstone 4 Piece Cutlery Set
Offered by Outdoors1
Price: 6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible metallic taste, 1 July 2012
The knife, fork, and spoon all fit nicely into a metal sheath, which holds them quite firmly in place.
However, they carry a very strong metallic taste, so strong that it's off-putting to eat with.
They're also not very strong, they bend easily.

Tetra Aqua Safe Water Conditioner, 100 ml
Tetra Aqua Safe Water Conditioner, 100 ml
Offered by PONDWORLD AQUATICS SUPERSTORE LTD
Price: 1.78

5.0 out of 5 stars A great water conditioner, 26 April 2012
I've used Tetra Aqua Safe for roughly 1 year now, and it does the job well.
My Pet has had no complaints, and loves the water. keep in mind, however, that I'm not a fish owner. I keep a turtle, so I can't speak for the more fragile species!

Kit USB Desktop Charger and Sync Dock for iPod and iPhone 3G/3GS - White
Kit USB Desktop Charger and Sync Dock for iPod and iPhone 3G/3GS - White
Price: 3.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Serves its purpose, but the docking area is a little small., 26 April 2012
It serves it's function well, and works great with my iPod Touch 4G.
It has a small docking area, though, and will only likely fit iPod Touch, iPhone and iPod nano models. People who also own an iPod Classic or any of the larger models are advised to look elsewhere.

The dock operates with a standard "USB Mini B" cable, as used with many cameras and other MP3 players, and connects directly to the PC / Laptop's USB port, where it functions in the same way that an iPod cable would do.

The base itself is constructed of hard plastic, and feels relatively weighted (it sits quite comfortably flat on a desk, when no iPhone/Pod is docked).

Duke Mens Crew Neck Striped Sweater (Charcoal)
Duke Mens Crew Neck Striped Sweater (Charcoal)

5.0 out of 5 stars I've had this top for a month now, it's my favourite, 26 April 2012
I really love this sweater. It's comfortable, and looks great. It has become my favourite top.

I'm sorry that this isn't a detailed review, I'm not an expert when it comes to clothing.
There's not much more to say, It appears to be very well made, and I would not hesitate at all to buy another top like this.

80lt Plastic Storage boxes (Pack of 3)
80lt Plastic Storage boxes (Pack of 3)
Offered by plasticboxsuppliers
Price: 23.60

4.0 out of 5 stars These boxes appear relatively well made, 26 April 2012
I wanted to write this review to state that the boxes appear to be relatively well made.
They managed to make it through being thrown up some stairs by the delivery man (not sure why he didn't pay any attention to the FRAGILE stickers), and weren't particularly well protected (just cardboard all around) - but they arrived unscratched and unchipped.
I will be filling these up over the coming days, and will report back if I encounter any problems, but from what I can see, they're money well spent.

I would add, though - relative to the carrier, not the product itself, that the carrier used to deliver MY order had a large sticker on the box stating that contents needed to be examined BEFORE the items were signed for. So, if like another reviewer, you're unlucky, and they arrived damaged - you may not be able to claim compensation for that if you sign before checking.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3