Profile for Nanshirl > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Apple Tree Yard
Apple Tree Yard
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars The way the story was written is clever as the ..., 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Apple Tree Yard (Kindle Edition)
The way the story was written is clever as the reader is left ignorant of names,, the profession of X until the thread gradually develops.
The characters were well depicted and the Man remained a mystery until near the end. This book kept my attention even though parts were gory and sexually explicit.

Adulation
Adulation
Price: 3.49

1.0 out of 5 stars I did not like the language or the style and decided it was ..., 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Adulation (Kindle Edition)
I did not read further than the first chapter. I did not like the language or the style and decided it was not for me.

The Storyteller
The Storyteller
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Story Teller by Jodi Picoult, 22 July 2014
This review is from: The Storyteller (Kindle Edition)
I love it is hardly a description of how I felt whi;st reading 'the Story Teller and when i had finished it. This book written around the Holocaust is moving and upsetting. I did not like what was happening but bad events are seldom enjoyed. The characters are well developed and beocme very real. It is hard to relate old man Joseph to the nazis in the detailed story of the dreadful life in the camps and the brutal way the awful acts they carried out. The story is well constructed and I had to keep picking up the book to find out what happened next. It became an account of real people and events for me.

American Wife
American Wife
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars The american Wife, 22 July 2014
This review is from: American Wife (Kindle Edition)
The stdory fell into two parts for me.The first part was easy reading and enjoyable. The second part seems to be aa fiction version of the world of politics. I found myself relating the characters to real life people who are prominent in public life. The author has great descriptive powers and the characters develop through the novel.

Sisterland
Sisterland
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Sisterland, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Sisterland (Kindle Edition)
This book is well written and brings out the strong link between twins. The style is interesting though i do find jumping to different parts of a story just when one theme gets really fascinating or exciting, a bit frustrating. The author appears to know a lot about the relationship between identical twins. (I have identical twin Grand daughters who now are young women.

The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1
The Rosie Project: Don Tillman 1
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rosie Project, 7 July 2014
Brilliant. One of the best books I have read for a long time.
The style of writing is different from most books I have read and makes a pleasant change.
Don's character is devloped slowly and he is so likeable in his differences.
I could feel Rosie's frustration with him and her character is developed well.
Supporting characters Gene and Claudia are also developed well so that I almost felt I knew them.
I shall probably read this again in a few month's time it was so good.

Butterflies in November
Butterflies in November
Price: 0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Butterflies in November, 7 July 2014
I gave up on this book as it did not hold my attention.
The description was more encouraging than the story.

The Cloths of Heaven
The Cloths of Heaven
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cloths of Heaven, 7 July 2014
I really enjoyed this book as it held me in suspense as to what would happen in the end. Rachael is well portrayed as a person quite hard to understand. Daniel is a good character too. The different locations are brought to life through the author's descriptive ability. It is well written and worth reading. The thread running through about the poem was clever.

Where There's Smoke
Where There's Smoke
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Where ther's smoke, 23 Jun 2014
Quite a fun book that delves into the tricks of TV mediumship. At times I felt she was genuine but then events happened to cast a doubt. A very easy and quick read.

Peacock Emporium
Peacock Emporium
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Peacock Emporium, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Peacock Emporium (Kindle Edition)
This is an OK book but not as good as ssome of JoJo Moyes' books. Jessie comes to life for me and suzanna is quite intriguing as we don't know her true story until late in the book. Neil is rather an insipid character but Alejandro becomes real.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6