Profile for A. West > Reviews

Content by A. West

A. West (Hampshire, England)

Magic Whiteboard
Magic Whiteboard
Price: 26.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect!, 15 Oct 2009
This review is from: Magic Whiteboard (Office Product)
I didn't really fancy drilling holes in my wall or putting nails in, so I saw this on Dragon's Den and went out and bought it (admittedly from Ryman, not Amazon). As a physicist I have tons of calculations and thoughts that I want to scribble down. They also make for great revision tool, just pop any notes you want, it really came in handy for my during my degree and now my PhD. (Plus people love writing on it! Great Guestbook)

Pros:
Stays up on a flat surface permantly (slightly bobbly surfaces it has a tendancy for some corners to start to loose they're stick, but it's never a problem)
24 sheets to a roll (I covered whole walls in this stuff and everytime I went somewhere new I had plenty of sheets to put up)
Held up with static (No sticky pads, glue, nails, and goes anywhere! We have on our fridge)

cons:
Though you can place paper, photos etc on the sheet, after a couple months, the static will wear off... But, if you leave something on from the start it will stay up indefinately unless you start playing with it
If you leave pen on for a long time (we've found about 3 weeks or more) then the sheet seems to imprint with the text, but as soon as you write on it again it's fine

Conclusion: Epic... Totally worth it

Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White
Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White
Price: 19.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Love at first sight, 22 Oct 2008
My housemate had these, I fell in love with them straight away. About a week later I caved in and bought them, I've not looked back. They're fantastic for adding ambience to a room, and safer than using real candles (perfect for if you're in University Halls, or anywhere else where lighting candles is frowned upon).

They're so pretty, especially when they gently flicker. They won't light a room like a lamp will, they just add a gentle light around them. Perfect for a bedroom, living room, or anywhere else you want to create a more relaxed mood.

That's why I give these lights 5/5

Edifier i-F200 Black Double Bell Alarm Clock Retro iPod Docking Station/Charger
Edifier i-F200 Black Double Bell Alarm Clock Retro iPod Docking Station/Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Morning Equals Good Times, 22 Oct 2008
This little gadget of joy has made my mornings worth waking up for!
What I did before god only knows!

Every morning I wake to my own music rather than an annoying voice on the radio, or an irritating buzz. It's so easy to program, (You just put your ipod on the dock and it does the rest!) I'm not sure where others have had trouble?...

I spent forever looking at all the alarm clocks on amazon, trying to pick a clock that looked nice, and would be pleasant to wake to. Other alarm clocks all seem to have their faults, from flashing between the date and the time, to being bulky and ugly, to just a poor/annoying buzz for a wake up call. I'm student, and I don't really have 25 to just throw around willy-nilly, but this truely is worth every penny. I've not missed a lecture since getting this clock, waking up to cheery tunes.

The only two buttons are the Snooze button, and the volume control. Seriously, it is so ergonomic. I use it as a ipod speaker aswell, with it's superior sound quality and cute speakers, it's just perfect. It's very sleek, and they have even build an ingenious system for allowing any size of ipod. I could rave on about this alarm clock all day, honestly, who knew an alarm clock (usually despised for taking us away from our precious beds) would be so loveable.

Kensington 33374EU Wireless 2.4GHz USB Presenter + Red Laser;Compatible with PowerPoint(TM)/KeyNote(TM)
Price: 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be better, 14 April 2008
I bought the remote, not actually needing it for a week or two, with next day delivery. I've seen the remotes in action, and have used one in the past and I was terribly eager to get my hands on one... The first thing I did (after tearing through the packaging like a kid on Christmas morning) was plug it in and open up an old presentation. My lord! I sat there for hours going back and forth, using the blackout function (the screen fades to black at the touch of a button, incredibly helpful if you need to move on to something else for a while, or there is a break). The design is perfect, the way the usb receiver fits into the remote and turns off the power, and so elegantly retracts back out aswell.

I bought this especially for an AGM which I am chairing, and I refuse to return to the lecturn for every click when I am on a massive stage. For those who want to give really good presentations, and want to move around more and interact more with the audience, this is great. You are never tied down to returning or standing by the laptop/computer just to carry on. The lazer is also brilliant for pointing out things in pictures or videos (yet another way to keep the audience amused).

I always buy products from Amazon according to what others say in their reviews, and to anyone reading this and thinking about buying it. Then all I can say is don't hesitate one more moment.

Sandisk 512MB TransFlash/Micro SD Card
Sandisk 512MB TransFlash/Micro SD Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk 512MB TransFlash Card, 6 Jan 2006
I bought this card to replace my 128mb card I got with my Motorola ROKR E1 (the one with iTunes). The 128 lead me to believe it can hold 100 songs, yet I found it only hold 30 something.
So, I bought this card, and it's fantastic! It has quadrupled my song limit, to around a respectable 140 songs. If you have a phone with an optional card slot, BUY THIS CARD!
this card is a bargain, and for something which shows off how advanced technology is, being about the size of your pinky finger nail, and holding more memory than the orginal moonlander of Apollo 11, it is truely fabulous!