Profile for Craig G. Williams > Reviews

Content by Craig G. Williams

Craig G. Williams (READING UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Sony MDR-1R Ultimate Over-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black
Sony MDR-1R Ultimate Over-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Sound, 14 Nov. 2013
These headphones sound and look great! They sound well balanced! They are also well made!

Well done sony! Buy them

The Best of Keane
The Best of Keane
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Music Yes That's What Keane Are All About, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Best of Keane (Audio CD)
Wow ten years where did that go? I remember when I first stumbled across Keane it was way back in March 2004 on Travis UK tour when they were there support band and yes I was instantly hooked after they played! THE BAND DESERVE THIS BEST OF ALBUM!!

Keane unlike many other bands over the last 10 years have always strived for brilliance over there career so far and it shows in this best of collection. The band are taking a break they are not splitting up. The only thing I will say why not have included "The Lovers Are Losing" surely one of there best songs ever? Perfect Symmetry for me is there strongest album you need to listen a few times and let it grow on you! We then move onto the B-Sides and these are great quality here too all of these could so easily have been put on albums. There is no other band who have touched me emotionally through there music as much as Keane have over the last Ten Years. There lyrics are great and I will say again that Tim Rice Oxley has to be one of the greatest songwriters of our generation!

This should be a celebration of how much there music has enriched our lives over the last ten years. I also find it very very hard to criticise the band in anyway. I actually applaud them for showing other artists how great music can be when the fame doesn't go to your head this is one of the other things I love about Keane the fact there four well grounded blokes!

I think a lot of the stick they have got over the years is totally unfair from the music press as I find all of Keane's work so energising and uplifting surely the way music is meant to make you feel right? well for me yes! but it appears people applaud the downright dull and depressing!

Also Keane are one of the greatest live acts I have ever seen and they top a huge list of bands I have seen over the years since between June 2012 and today I saw the band 5 times! Bristol 5th June, Brixton 9th June, London The 02 Arena 30th November and Newmarket Racecourse 9th August and Kenwood House London 25th August for me there is nobody who tops them live If you have never seen them I urge you to do so because it will stay with you forever like it has me!

I think most UK bands need to look at Keane and there quality of music because it is exceptional! It's how for me music should be and as with all of Keane's album's I never need to skip a track which is very rare to find these days!

Anyways Thank you again Keane for the last 10 years and I raise my glass to another 10+ years after this Hiatus! Let us use this best of as a celebration! and it's a milestone rather than a headstone!

LONG LIVE KEANE!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 1:45 PM GMT

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Where You Stand (Audio CD)
It's great Travis are back! they are a hugely underrated band in the UK! they are so much better than a lot of the crap currently filling the UK charts.

The new album is stunning I hope Travis reach the top with this they deserve it!

My favourite tracks are A different Room Moving Mother Where You Stand New Shoes Boxes Warning Sign

it is there best yet!

Buy it!

Travis are what good music is all about!

Wild Seed
Wild Seed

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Recent Discovery!, 16 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Wild Seed (Audio CD)
This for me is up there in my favourite albums of all time! this truly is an exceptional collection of songs of which I have only recently stumbled upon and I am so glad that I did!

I think that these are some of the best songs: Spanish Steps Half In Love Half In Hate Los Angeles Lay Me Down Tonight Tell Me What You See Stay Lord Ready To Go Home.

This album stirs up so much emotion! Harket's voice is outstanding and some of the tracks are deeply haunting and moving!

I am just disappointed I never discovered this musical gem sooner!

Great Album from one of the world's finest Voices ever to grace the Human Race!

Well donr again Morten Harket!

The Night Sky
The Night Sky
Offered by LEWKS1973

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant As Always!, 16 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Night Sky (Audio CD)
The night Sky is one of there finest tracks! Love it's lyrics and brilliant soaring vocals!

The cover of UNDER PRESSURE is brilliant!

Out Of My Hands
Out Of My Hands
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Album!, 26 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Out Of My Hands (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of Keane since they started and Tom Chaplin is another fine singer with an amazing vocal range. Now people have mentioned to me about Morten Harket and while he is a great singer and he was also a choir boy before joining aha same as Tom Chaplin was before Keane.

I think Morten and Tom are both different and excellent in there own right! While I will admit I was never a massive fan of aha I only liked a few of there songs and so I recently stumbled on Morten's solo work and how pleasantly surprised I was!

Anyways this album is great! not a single duff track on here this is good music as it should be no filler just pure class vocals and great songs! no skippable tracks in sight here!

I really love Scared Of Height's, Lightning, I'm The One, Keep The Sun Away, Listening, When I reached The Moon.

It's a shame this album didn't get the exposure it deserves I also feel this is ten times better than the crap currently filling the UK charts. It always amazes me how people prefer the manufactured commercial rubbish that all the critics say you must buy!

Buy this album it is great! I haven't stopped listening to it since buying it last week!

Well Done Morten!

Battle Born
Battle Born
Offered by Great Price Media EU

1.0 out of 5 stars SAME OLD DULL BLAND THE FILLERS!, 26 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Battle Born (Audio CD)
Hello this band should re name themselves the fillers because that's what there albums are like! full of dull bland boring filler!

Again people who like this band know nothing about good music because if you did you would see how boring they are. Plus there awful live too!

Do Not Buy!

Graffiti on the Train
Graffiti on the Train

1.0 out of 5 stars DULL DULL DULL, 26 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Graffiti on the Train (Audio CD)
What a load of dull album filler. Kelly Jones voice is wasted with this band! plus there really boring and dull live as well.

People who like this band no nothing about good music!

There is only one good song on this album and yet again it was the single.

This is just another example of a band where fame has gone to there head and they think they can release albums full of dull boring filler.

Do Not Buy!

Where You Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Strongest Songs for A Single from Travis, 11 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Where You Stand (MP3 Download)
I have been a Travis fan from there Man Who days I first saw the band live at Wembley Arena back in 2001 and I have since seen them 13 times over the last 12 years they are quite simply one of the best live acts I have ever seen and still to this day that has not changed! I am due to see them at Islington this Thursday 13th June which will be my 14th time seeing them live anyone who has not seen them yet I would urge you to do so they are amazing live! It's great to have them back after a 5 year break.

Anyways now comes to Where You Stand taken off there 7th Album I have to say this is definitely one of there strongest singles yet to date and is certainly one of there finest written tracks. It is a shame that there are very few bands who seem to write music this way anymore which is a shame. Fran Healy still has an amazing nack of writing great songs!

This is up there with The Man Who days and it is going to be another fine Travis album! Well done guys!

Samsung Galaxy S 8GB Wi-Fi MP3 Player with 4.2 inch Display - White
Samsung Galaxy S 8GB Wi-Fi MP3 Player with 4.2 inch Display - White

1.0 out of 5 stars Now Poor Sound! Get a Sony Xperia Z instead!, 15 Mar. 2013
This really is an awful player poor sound and I got a Sony Xperia Z instead far superior audio quality!

Samsung need to look at Sony's Rep for top Audio Quality!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2013 5:02 PM GMT