Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Shop now Shop Kindle Shop now
Profile for Gumboots > Reviews

Content by Gumboots

Gumboots (London)

Ladybird Stickers Kids / Childrens Labels for party bags , scrap books , card making or notebook decoration
Offered by Minilabel

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, not brilliant, 31 Aug. 2013
For the same price you can get much better quality stickers. The printing and colour of these stickers is OK, nothing brilliant. But what annoys me about them is the sticker border area is not a nice neat round oval shape, but optimised to share a border with all the other stickers. So if you put this on coloured card you end up with a very strange shaped sticker. Maybe if you are just sticking on white paper so its not that apparent it would be OK but it makes the sticker look a bit cheap.

Beatrix Potter - The World of Peter Rabbit & Friends [DVD] [1992]
Beatrix Potter - The World of Peter Rabbit & Friends [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Beatrix Potter
Offered by ALL BOOKS & DVDS POSTED WITHIN 24 HOURS OF YOUR ORDER

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 31 Aug. 2013
My daughter loves this DVD. I am really pleased because it stays true to the sprit of the book - in terms of the animation/illustration as well as the pace. Not the loud clashing music and racing changing scenes like the new TV series. Really gentle and lovely. A winner.

UKIC GSB0077 Penguin Bath Toy
UKIC GSB0077 Penguin Bath Toy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 31 Aug. 2013
My daughter (2.5 years old) loves this. Makes a good change when you are bored with the usual bath toys of duckys etc. Appeals to her mechanical mind, she can watch the wheels turning etc. Would recommend.

Tobar Wooden Animal Stamps Craft
Tobar Wooden Animal Stamps Craft
Offered by FancyDressForAll

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected, 31 Aug. 2013
Maybe I was being a bit naive but I didn't realise I was only getting ONE stamp. By the time you add on postage this makes it rather expensive. I got the frog, and it looks nice, but even the stamp itself isn't quite right as the border of the stamp comes out in the print accidentally. So all in all not really the best purchase I'm afraid.

Philips AVENT SCF145/06 Bottle and Teat Brush
Philips AVENT SCF145/06 Bottle and Teat Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with my purchase, 7 Dec. 2011
Glad I got the proper brush to fit the Avent bottles I already have. Cleaning very easy and the brush fits perfectly for both washing the bottle and the teat. Very glad I bought this.

Master Class Stainless Steel Triple Hard and Soft Boiled Egg Timer / Sand Timer
Master Class Stainless Steel Triple Hard and Soft Boiled Egg Timer / Sand Timer

1.0 out of 5 stars Returning item, 7 Dec. 2011
Was very dissappointed to find the actual timers were loose and wedged into their holders. They all arrived skew, and I have been fiddling with them to try and get them to stand straight. Plus I think the 3 minute timer was put in the wrong slot and is where the 4 minute timer should be. Or is that just because it isn't straight..? Given up trying to get it perfect and I am just sending this back. Would have expected the mounting to be precise and well done on this... very dissapointed.

Japanese Cooking: A Simple Art
Japanese Cooking: A Simple Art
by Shizuo Tsuji

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 14 Dec. 2009
Thank goodness I came across this book in the Amazon reviews, and was convinced to buy it. I hadn't heard of it before, and it looked a bit old fashioned, but it is truly excellent. I bought it along with another more modern Japanese cookery book 'just in case' and this one beats it hands down. I am constantly referring to it, while the newwer one gathers dust. It provides a wealth of information, such a level of detail, yet is still a great read, I love that I can pick it up and just read it for interest's sake. If you have any interest at all in Japanese food, buy it!

The Distance Between Us
The Distance Between Us
by Maggie O'Farrell

2.0 out of 5 stars No where near as good as her first novel, 11 Nov. 2005
I read with interest the rave reviews the other readers have given this book. "After you'd gone" is one of my favourite books, so I couldn't wait to get started on this one too. But I was very dissappointed. Whereas her first novel seemed to jump off the pages, the story developing a life of it's own, this novel seems rather contrived. Reading this book, I got the impression it was the product of conscious effort and hard graft, the first novel was seemingly an act of divine inspiration! Three quarters of the way through it feels like you are still in the intro, waiting for the story to get started, the characters seem flat, like caricatures. For me, this book lacks the depth, beauty and mystery of that first inspired novel. It is still quite enjoyable but definitely in a different class to "After you'd gone".