Profile for Lostinabook.com > Reviews

Lostinabook.com (Oldham)

The Mortal Instruments 6: City of Heavenly Fire
The Mortal Instruments 6: City of Heavenly Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars happily ever after, 13 Jun. 2014
what a lovely end to this series and nicely tied in with the infernal devices books! Got a warm fuzzy feeling inside from this book, gotta love a happy ending even when you know it's coming!

Bright Side Grandmas Treat Tin
Bright Side Grandmas Treat Tin
Offered by Giftsfromhandpicked

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect', 29 Aug. 2013
It came quickly and looks great, have filled mine full of tradional sweets for Grandma's birthday pressie. I'm sure she will love it!

Emperor of Thorns (The Broken Empire, Book 3)
Emperor of Thorns (The Broken Empire, Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Aug. 2013
Mark Lawrence has done it again! I love how each of the 3 books have had a different feel to them but yet each one was still outstanding!
Looking forward to more from this author.

The Painted Man
The Painted Man

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Book & Audio Book!, 30 May 2011
This review is from: The Painted Man (Kindle Edition)
I adore the Painted Man and the Desert Spear, They are my favorite and most treasured books! The only disapointment is the wait until the last instalment is released. Peter V Brett has created amazing characters and set them in an fantastic story. I read these books a couple of times until i found i could download them as an Audio book. I have to say the guy that reads the books just makes the story even more fantastic and enjoyable. I have listened to them many many times while i'm out running, cleaning the house, driving etc... My 77 year old dad is listening to them at the moment and was hooked after the 3rd chapter. My husband who refuses to read over heard some of the story when i had it playing one day and now has it on his ipod and has also fallen in love with these stories. ***Stop reading reviews and just order this amazing book so you can start reading!***

Shadow's Edge: Book 2 of the Night Angel
Shadow's Edge: Book 2 of the Night Angel
by Brent Weeks

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite Trilogys, 30 May 2011
I have just re-read this whole trilogy (last read 7 months ago) and i have to say it is defo one of my favorites and is nearly on par with the 'Painted Man' Trilogy for me. I fell in love with Kylar, Logan, Durzo & Vi, the one liners from Kylar & Durzo where hillarious and i loved the relationship that built between them. The first and the second book are fantastic, the 3rd I still loved but i understand why some people haven't rated it that high. I not sure what the problem was with it but there is a part of the book that seems to go off track in some way and i found myself wanted to get back to Kylar or Logan story not Elene, Dorian & the other Virdimisters, It recovered quickly though and when i read it the second time i didn't really notice it. I think i was just too eager first time round to find out how the story ended and got impatient with the book. It was still an excellent book though and i hope there is another trilogy set a few years after this one because there is definatly many more stories for these characters.
I would highly recommend this book and have managed to persude most of my friends to read it who just like me have found them to be books that you just can't put down! 10/10

The Way Of Shadows: Book 1 of the Night Angel
The Way Of Shadows: Book 1 of the Night Angel
by Brent Weeks

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite Trilogys, 30 May 2011

My Blood Approves
My Blood Approves

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Feb. 2011
This review is from: My Blood Approves (Kindle Edition)
I have read loads of books like this recently and to be fair most of them just use the same the same story lines as the popular books Twilight, Vampire Diary's, Evermore etc etc However this book stood out. I bought this book for the kindle 4 days ago and have since bought the the 3 books that follow it and i'm just finishing off the last book now. Seriously I couldn't put it down, I've been shattered at work because of the late nights spend glued to this series! The first book is sort of just a taste of the story to come, books 2 & 3 where fantastic and so far 4 seems great too. I would would defo recommend getting these especially with the great price for the Kindle version!