Profile for Cozzie > Reviews

Cozzie

Honeymoon
Honeymoon

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed., 3 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Honeymoon (Audio CD)
The album was like listening to one long song and Lana dronned on like she was bored. Each song had the same slow, depressing rhythm to it so I found it hard to pull out any positives or individual songs that stood out.

I loved Born to Die, liked Ultraviolence but I haven't been able to connect with one song on this album.

Fifty Shades of Grey: The Unseen Edition [DVD] [2015]
Fifty Shades of Grey: The Unseen Edition [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Jamie Dornan

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed the film just as much as the books., 21 Mar. 2015
A lot of the finer details were not put in the movie but I can understand why they had to cut down a book that is about 500 pages long. Having said that, I felt the movie was fab and having seen it twice I can't wait to own a copy! ;-)

The Trevor Nelson Collection 2
The Trevor Nelson Collection 2

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as collection 1, 28 Mar. 2014
The first collection had me singing along to almost every song on the album, probably due to the popularity of the songs that he selected. On this collection I found I only knew a quarter of the songs and the rest I've never heard of in my life. Perhaps it's my age but I can think of loads more blues/r&b songs that could have been added onto this collection instead of the majority that were chosen.

The Way the Crow Flies
The Way the Crow Flies
by Ann-Marie MacDonald

3.0 out of 5 stars A great read but it could have been condensed..., 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Way the Crow Flies (Paperback)
I purchased this book after thoroughly enjoying Fall on your Knees. Like that book you have to get through approx 150 pages of 'setting the scene'. I found the story line really intriguing, however after the court hearing and the introduction of Madeline who was now in her early 30's, I found the story line went downhill. I was happy to find out what was happening to the main characters now it had jumped a few decades however, the author seemed to draw it out somewhat so for about 100 pages there was nothing really going on that seemed to be pushing the story forward. Although the 'twist' at the end was shocking it was left until the last 2 chapters to reveal this. I think it could have been more of a captivating read if the last half of the book was chopped down at bit leaving a few more chapters to tie up the loose ends from the first half of book. I found it a tad frustrating that the author did not give the reader or Madeline more closure by allowing her to at least speak to someone from her past i.e. one of girls from the 'exercise class' or even Mr March himself.