Profile for view from here > Reviews

Content by view from here

view from here

THE FORSYTE SAGA COMPLETE NINE NOVELS (The Forsyte Saga - A Modern Comedy - End of the Chapter) (Timeless Wisdom Collection Book 3001)

5.0 out of 5 stars The purchase represents amazing value. Like many of my generation, 15 July 2015
The purchase represents amazing value. Like many of my generation, the television production from the 60's was an introduction to Galsworthy's characters. The Forstye's history through the late 19th and early 20th centuries gives a picture of the values and ambitions of a family moving from a rural backwater to the success of upper middle class London. The final book of the Saga (1930s): One More River, gives us a the story of the Charwells, a very old titled family dealing with the changes in society and their two daughters struggle for love and independence, compelling story telling. I found the characters believable and the descriptive passages wonderful.

The Sea Sisters
The Sea Sisters

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting story, but far too long., 22 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Sea Sisters (Kindle Edition)
Probably not my usual read. There was a good storyline, but far too much rambling. I couldn't manage to read every chapter as I found the narrative repetitive and unnecessary. I felt it was about 12 chapter too long.

Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery
Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery

4.0 out of 5 stars Human side of the Consultant Neurosurgeon, 19 Mar. 2014
Mr Marsh gives a transparent account of life as a neurosurgeon.

I found his narrative easy to read and whilst the medical information is central to his book, I came away with the view that the author cared deeply for his patients. Definitely the human face of surgery.

The Forbidden Queen
The Forbidden Queen

2.0 out of 5 stars Narrative struggles, 10 April 2013
I enjoyed the first few chapters of The Forbidden Queen, however it is said little is know about the life of Katherine Valois and this became evident as I read on. The author has had to write about the Katherine's relationships in a superficial/romantic vein and unfortunately I gave up on her story.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2013 12:26 PM BST