Profile for Barrowboy > Reviews

Lindy 3m Mains Power Lead UK 3-Pin Plug - Black
Lindy 3m Mains Power Lead UK 3-Pin Plug - Black
Offered by Renshaw House

5.0 out of 5 stars Great length, high quality, 26 Jun 2010
A very high quality IEC lead for those with hard-to reach power points. Can't fault it.

100 x NEO CD SLEEVES
100 x NEO CD SLEEVES
Offered by Desire IT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little storage sleeves, 26 Jun 2010
This review is from: 100 x NEO CD SLEEVES (Electronics)
Nice and thick, seem quite durable, hopefully they will provide many years of scratch protecting service.

Swift Spice 30 cm/ 12-inch Heavy Gauge Carbon Steel Wok
Swift Spice 30 cm/ 12-inch Heavy Gauge Carbon Steel Wok

5.0 out of 5 stars A great wok at a great price, 26 Jun 2010
The seasoning instructions are not good but that's the only fault i have found. Seasoning the wok is not an instant thing, it requires many cycles of oiling, heating and cooling before enough oil has burnt on to give the nonstick finish.

Each time you finish cooking, clean the wok ASAP, dry it, heat it up a little to evaporate any excess water and apply a very thin layer of oil while still hot to prevent moisture in the air attacking the surface until the next time you use it, then put it away after it has cooled down.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 26 Jun 2010
I bought these based upon good (but not excellent) reviews I'd seen on the internet - including WhatHiFi.com - as I was after a pair of reasonable, inexpensive noise-cancelling headphones.

My first impression on opening the box was the overwhelming cheap, plastic feel and appearance of these headphones. I was not expecting outstanding build quality, but there's cheap and then there's CHEAP. Undeterred, I fitted the battery and plugged them into my iPod for testing. I have used noise cancelling headphones in the past and so was not expecting great sound without the noise cancelling circuitry turned on, but the muffled distant nature of the audio - far inferior to the bundled iPod earbuds - makes these headphones unusable without the circuitry activated. So my first recommendation is: don't buy these if you're planning to use them as 'normal' headphones at any point.

I then switched on the noise-cancelling circuit and one side of the headphones went completely dead. The LED came on as normal but all the audio cut out on the right hand side. I was unable to make an assessment of the noise-cancelling effectiveness of the headphones with only one ear working, but that combined with the poor build quality is enough for me to make my second recommendation: don't buy these headphones.

There's a reason the market-leading headphones cost hundreds of pounds - you get what you pay for...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 10, 2012 3:47 PM GMT

Joby Q/R Clip for Gorillapod Original Tripod (Pack of 2)
Joby Q/R Clip for Gorillapod Original Tripod (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Replcement clips for original Gorillapod, 4 Mar 2010
I lost my camera, which had my gorillapod clip attached to it. This pack of 2 replacements has allowed me to use my fantastic gorillapod again. I am a happy camper.

Venice and Veneto Footprint Travel Guides
Venice and Veneto Footprint Travel Guides
by Shona Main

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive guide with an attractive layout, 4 Mar 2010
This well-written guide strikes a good balance between glossy pictures and informative text. I bought this guide specifically because it covers Venice in depth, but also includes a significant amount of information about other major cities in the Veneto region such as Verona, Vicenza and Treviso. If staying in or around Venice and you have time, these cities are an attractive proposition for a day trip.

The guide includes suggested one, two and three day itineraries which, although we did not use them, provide great ideas for places to go and things to see.

Includes handy pop-out map of Venice which can be removed and carried easily around the city with you every day.

Chasseur Casserole, round, 26cm, 5.0ltr Racing Green
Chasseur Casserole, round, 26cm, 5.0ltr Racing Green

5.0 out of 5 stars A little French beauty, 30 July 2009
As with all the Chasseur cookware I own, this casserole pot is a beauty: even cooking, easy to clean... but bloody difficult to lift!

Highly recommended.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars A perfect case, but for one flaw, 30 July 2009
I have been using this case for about a month and was initially very happy with it - the case fits the iPhone snugly, does not add too much extra bulk, protects it from scratches and the built in screen only barely reduces the sensitivity of the iPhone's touch screen.

But after a few weeks I noticed it's one flaw - dust!

If you keep your iPhone in your pocket - as I do - or in a bag, or anywhere else that there is some dust or lint you will notice that the dust gradually works its way under the case. This is not such a problem for the back of the phone, but is quite distracting on the screen where the dust gets trapped between the iPhone and the non-adhesive screen protecting film, gradually reducing the readability and general beauty of the iPhone's screen.

So now I face a dilemma - do I put up with the growing dust problem, or do I attempt to remove the VERY SECURELY fastened case to clean the dust, and possibly break the plastic fastening clips in the process...

In my view, the case would benefit from an adhesive screen in the next incarnation. Otherwise, a great case!

UPDATE: I managed to gently pry the case apart with a thin screwdriver and clean out the dust. It seemed to snap back together just as firmly as before, but I don't know how many times you will be able to take it apart for cleaning before the clips break or start to get sloppy.

Anyway, I'm just happy that the dust problem has been eliminated for the time being.

Just Mobile GRJMPP07 Battery Power Pack 2200 mAh
Just Mobile GRJMPP07 Battery Power Pack 2200 mAh

5.0 out of 5 stars Power in your pocket, 30 July 2009
I have had this product for a couple of weeks and am very happy with it. I am an iPhone 'power user' and find its weak battery life disappointing - I regularly use this power pack to get me through the second half of the day. It charges the iPhone quickly and its versatility in being able to run/charge any USB powered device is handy. Highly recommended.