Profile for Titan'sDaughter > Reviews

Content by Titan'sDaughter

Titan'sDaughter

Horrid Henry's Rainy Day (Early Reader) (HORRID HENRY EARLY READER)
Horrid Henry's Rainy Day (Early Reader) (HORRID HENRY EARLY READER)
by Francesca Simon
Price: 2.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Children's Reviews (Year 3), 13 May 2013
CHILD'S REVIEW -- Devlyn:

I like this book because it has lots of detail. Tony Ross' books are very funny! I like Horrid Henry because he is sneaky. The book is persuasive so you will like it!

The Lottie Project
The Lottie Project
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Children's Reviews (Year 3), 11 May 2013
CHILD REVIEW -- Katie:

There is a girl called Charlotte, but don't call her Charlotte: call her Charlie. She does some work on the Victorians and servants, and everything gets out of hand: she will have to stop; oh no! Her adventure will have to end...

Dads Win Prizes
Dads Win Prizes
by Debbie White
Price: 6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Children's Reviews (Year 3), 11 May 2013
This review is from: Dads Win Prizes (Paperback)
CHILD REVIEW -- Grace:

I liked this book because the pictures went well with the setting in the text. I also liked the characters because they use their imaginations. I liked the people because it is all about a Dad who can do anything but he can't make a cake! But there is a competition coming up, and you have to make a cake to win it. What happens next?

Monkey Puzzle
Monkey Puzzle
by Julia Donaldson
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Children's Reviews (Year 3), 11 May 2013
This review is from: Monkey Puzzle (Paperback)
CHILD REVIEW -- Beau:

'Monkey Puzzle' is one of my favourite books because its pictures are beautiful and extraordinary. The characters are cute and funny. It makes me feel happy and it's like I'm there with them in that wonderful world.
Also, you'll love this if you're 9, too!

The Twits
The Twits
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Children's Reviews (Year 3), 11 May 2013
This review is from: The Twits (Kindle Edition)
CHILD REVIEW -- Ollie:

'The Twits' is my favourite book because it tells you about the author, and the illustrator, at the back of the book and it's a brilliant book.
I don't like the pictures because they are in black and white. I don't like black and white because it was around in the olden days.
The characters are called Mr & Mrs Twit, the Roly-Poly Bird and the Muggle-Wump monkeys. The Twits have got excellent names because they are twits!

CHILD REVIEW -- Sam:

I like 'The Twits' because it is funny when the monkeys play a trick on the Twits.
The characters are called Mr Twit, Mrs Twit, the Roly-Poly Bird and the Muggle-Wump monkeys.
I like the pictures because they are black and white. The pictures are good because they tell the story.
I would rate this book four stars out of five.

Mister Magnolia
Mister Magnolia
by Quentin Blake
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Children's Reviews (Year 3); Class Teacher's Book Review, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Mister Magnolia (Paperback)
CHILD REVIEW -- Olivia:

I love 'Mister Magnolia' because this book is so funny! He is kind because he gives rides to his friends.
You should read it because it has very amazing illustrations.

CHILD REVIEW -- Mollie-Mae:

I love 'Mister Magnolia' -- it is so funny. I think you should read it because you will laugh!
It makes me happy when I see the lovely two sisters. Mister Magnolia is my favourite character because he is funny.

CLASS TEACHER Review:

Mister Magnolia is one of the best-known Quentin Blake books. I grew up with it and was delighted to find children of the newer generations still find it funny!

Although there isn't much text, the story unfolds with the help of colourful and energetic pictures, so children and adults of every age can connect with the book. The story is written in the form of a rhyming poem: very rhythmical, and it is difficult to read it in any other way.

Mister Magnolia is what some might call a 'very strange man,' but he is happy to be his own person and all the other characters also accept him as this.

I would recommend this book to every kind of reader. My reason for not rating it with 5 stars is that I would like to know what happens next in the story.

-- Miss Comfort

Kitchen Craft 7-Leaf Shaped Cutters With Metal Storage Tin
Kitchen Craft 7-Leaf Shaped Cutters With Metal Storage Tin
Price: 6.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Decoration Cutters, 10 April 2011
Lovely shapes - came as advertised... however, I didn't expect them to be so small! The dough kept getting stuck and not coming out properly... most of the time this could be helped by heavily coating the cutters in flour, though, so no real issue! They would be just the right size for cake decorating!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2012 11:35 AM GMT