Profile for M. Nicholson > Reviews

Content by M. Nicholson

M. Nicholson (cumbria)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Amazing loom Rubber Bands, 4800 Pc Rubber Band Refill Mega Value Pack Plus Bonus 300 Glow in the Dark Bands, 325 Clips, Assorted Rainbow Colors- Get 8 From the Following 10 Colors- Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Pink, Purple, Light Blue, Black, White and Orange, Colors May Vary (Compare to Twistz Bandz Rainbow Loom Bracelet Rubber Band Kit)
Offered by Fun Collectables
Price: 5.98

Cra-Z-Loom Bracelet Maker
Cra-Z-Loom Bracelet Maker
Price: 14.04

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Cra-Z-Loom Bracelet Maker (Toy)
I bought this product for my 10 year old who mastered it with some difficulty but the end product isn't very impressive. The pictures look neat and bracelet-like but in reality they come out as twisted elastic bands with at least a quarter of it just being an open elastic band with a connector. I went for this version due to good reviews & it cost me over twenty pounds. In the box I received a plastic weave board, plastic crochet needle and packet of elastic bands. Total value about 1.50! My recommendation is to look for a second hand one, I'm sure there'll be lots!

Cat Scratch Sofa Lounge including free cat-nip - Cardboard Scratcher Post
Cat Scratch Sofa Lounge including free cat-nip - Cardboard Scratcher Post
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Product, highly recommended, 6 Jun 2014
I sprinkled a small amount of the catnip provided on top although I don't think my cats needed it. They all use it both as a scratcher & bed. It's amazing to think that a simple bit of cardboard could be so useful but it really works!

Apple MD199B/A TV
Apple MD199B/A TV
Offered by Office Nerd
Price: 86.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Apple MD199B/A TV (Electronics)
After upgrading to the new ipad with the lightning connector I no longer had the facility to play all my downloaded movies on my TV. I tried the extortionately priced adaptor cables but none seemed to work until I heard about the Apple TV. So simple to set up and plays everything on my ipad. There's so much more than I need which I'll find out in time but I heartily recommend this product if you want to watch the content of your ipad or iphone on your TV.

Apple Lightning to VGA Adapter
Apple Lightning to VGA Adapter
Price: 35.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't work without a cable to connect it to your TV or other screen! Beware!, 5 Mar 2014
Might be a good piece of kit but for the money I spent on it I can't even use it as I need another cable to connect it to the TV!! Not impressed as if this had been advertised I would have bought a cable at the same time but I still think one should be provided with the device
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2014 12:54 PM GMT

Minecraft Light Up Torch
Minecraft Light Up Torch
Offered by YUK
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Would be top stars if it was cheaper, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Minecraft Light Up Torch (Toy)
Now i've read all the reviews but if your Minecraft-daft kid wants one then there's no alternative so I went ahead and to be perfectly honest it's not as bad as some make out. It's well made, has a simple on/off switch which is flush with the side of the toy and I think it's very bright. To a Minecraft fan it's just awesome! It doesn't leave the kid's side for a minute and requires prising from their hand at bedtime. I got it slightly cheaper on ebay with the same seller but still it is way overpriced so I wouldn't give top stars but the product itself is exactly as expected.

Fully Lined Leamington Pencil Pleat Faux Silk Flock Ready Made Pair Of Curtain With Tie-backs (Black, 66" x 54")
Offered by Home Furnishing Co
Price: 20.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & cheerful, 1 Feb 2014
These were quite a cheap purchase for a black-themed room but they look really good. They let a lot of light in so would't be much use on their own but I also have a black out blind in that room so they're more for decoration purposes. That said, I'm really pleased with the look and although not perfect they are fabulous for the price paid.

Spiral Direct BEDDING Single Duvet & Pillowcase WOLF TRIAD Goth
Spiral Direct BEDDING Single Duvet & Pillowcase WOLF TRIAD Goth
Offered by ripleys clothing
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Let down by the Pillow case, 1 Feb 2014
This is a very striking bedding set which my wolf-mad daughter chose to go in her newly decorated room. It's very expensive however it is of a high quality so I didn't mind paying. I would have given it 5 stars however, the pillow case has press studs and these are at the bottom of the design which will press into either your head or neck. I've never seen this design before and it just makes no sense. I've put an extra padded pillow in and tucked them underneath as best I can but it's only a matter of time before they'll get annoying and the case will be for show only.

Catlike 360 Cycle Helmet - Green, 54-58cm
Catlike 360 Cycle Helmet - Green, 54-58cm
Offered by ProBikeKitOutlet
Price: 35.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Small fit and ridiculously long strap, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Catlike 360 Cycle Helmet (Sports)
I opted for this cool lid as it matched my pushbike so i measured my head just to ensure the fit was correct. It only just fits and I do have quite a small head but even so, I had to tighten the fastening strap. This has left a stupidly long length of unused strap which dandles down from my chin. Not too much of a problem as I'm going to cut it off but it just seems a bit of a waste. I paid full price as I wanted this specific colour but I can only rate it as OK.

Klipsch Mode M40 Noise Cancelling Over Ear Headphones - Copper/Black
Klipsch Mode M40 Noise Cancelling Over Ear Headphones - Copper/Black
Offered by total digital stores
Price: 230.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Item and Great sound, 1 Feb 2014
Having researched and compared quite a number of 100ish headphones, I only put these in my compare list as they were a third of their original price. I was trading in my Dr Dre beats due to feedback from the batteries in the ear piece so I really wanted a battery-free headset. Comparing all the reviews, the only negative for these was in fact a noise reduction feature that required batteries. This is the feature I did not want anyway so I went ahead with the purchase. I am not disappointed! Straight away I could tell they were quality from both the box and the protective case. Everything about the design is slick including folding and unfolding the ear cups. There are two wires in the box (I say wire but it's more like a luxurious golden thread!) I'm using the iPhone one with controls and they also come with numerous adapters for almost every eventuality. The sound is beautifully clear with both my music and my learn Spanish CD and I also find the fit perfect for my head and not too tight. I've never heard of this make but I'm so pleased I took the risk and I would heartily recommend them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6