Profile for LondonBairn > Reviews

TP-Link TL-WA830RE 300Mbps Wireless N Range Extender
TP-Link TL-WA830RE 300Mbps Wireless N Range Extender
Offered by e-joker

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% sure..., 14 Jan 2013
I can get it to connect and visually boost the wireless, but often devices that connect to it just cannot get to the internet. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just leaves my device hanging. My problem is my property has walls many bricks thick (which is brilliant!) but travelling wireless suffers massively throughout the property. It is even intermittent when I move it closer in the "zone".

I tried it with an Asus n56u. I think I will get the n66u and use stronger external aerials to solve my issues. I'm not sure wether it's because we have a plethora of devices (last check on my Asus router was >10 WLAN devices!) but it's just too inconsistent for me to use it, which may be specific to my situation...

Monument 1459W Master Plunger Sink and Waste Pipe Unblocker
Monument 1459W Master Plunger Sink and Waste Pipe Unblocker

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy plunger..., 14 Jan 2013
The first thing you notice is this plunger is huge. The next thing you notice when you use it is literally every pipe within a 20 mile radius gets unblocked by it.

It's like a scene in a Hollywood movie; manhole covers fly up through the air it's that good.

Seriously, this thing is very powerful. When you use it you can hear its effect throughout the property. Very, very good at resolving slow drainages, and looks like a ray gun from Mars Attack.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2013 3:22 PM GMT

2 x disGuard Crystal Clear Screen Protector for Canon EOS-1D-X / 1DX / 1-DX - PREMIUM QUALITY (crystalclear, hard-coated, bubble free application)
Offered by disGuard Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 14 Jan 2013
These are good, and the seller kindly sent two of each. These come with 3 screen covers, one for the top, one for the LCD and one for the file/folder screen at the bottom. Seems fine with no significant effect on screen contrast etc.

Quick delivery as well over Christmas from Germany!

Recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2013 3:43 PM GMT

Lowepro Lens Trekke 600 AW2 Backpack
Lowepro Lens Trekke 600 AW2 Backpack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag if you own a long lens, 14 Jan 2013
Bags seem few and far between if you own a large telephoto (in my case a 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM), and often work but only with the hood reversed. Although the cases that come with long lenses are nice, it's a bit inconvinient to constantly unpack etc. I would much rather go out with everything attached.

I can fit a 1Dx, the 400 and a 1.4x attached with no problems, and have trudged it across mud etc with little issue. I haven't tried putting it on my back, I carry it with the suitcase style handle, as it is rather high to put on your back.

I have not tried it with the 2x extender attached (I think it may be on the edge of not fitting at this point), but so far so good. Loads of space in the compartments to bring accessories too.

Recommended.

London 2012 Olympic Games  [Blu-ray]
London 2012 Olympic Games [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Kenneth Branagh
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the Opening ceremony, 22 Nov 2012
I was looking forward to obtaining a good quality of the Opening Ceremony, after living off the 1080i50 master transport feed that is floating around, as I did not like the unnecessary comments of the BBC commentators.

This does not disappoint. The key thing is the sound has been normalised and mastered, as the broadcast version does have irregularities in volume. I am also glad that there is a untouched audio choice, and we are not forced to hear the pointless comments of Hazel Irvine et al, as no offence BBC, as I watched live, it was incredibly annoying to hear Hazel Irvine remind me that it was JK Rowling reading, or Trevor Nelson telling us that his cousin's dad's brother's daughter's pen pal was in the NHS section. This ceremony was made to be enjoyed in its own sound, and not to be ruined by commentary that can only be put on par with a DJ constantly talking over music.

The Pandemonium section is just absolutely stunning in DTS MA, especially on a decent seperates system, as are all sections playing "Sundowner".

The only negatives are the following;

- Having to switch disk for part 2 (this is of course not BBC's fault!)
- I am not 100% convinced with the audio editing during the Caliban's Dream section. The sound here has been dubbed over from, so you do not have the announcements of the young torch bearers from the stadium.

I haven't watched the Sporting section; to be honest I'd have gladly paid a lot more just for the Opening Ceremony, as it was a truly stunning spectacle.

Buy it, and make sure you buy the album as well

Canon EOS 5D Mark III - SLR Digital Camera (Body only)
Canon EOS 5D Mark III - SLR Digital Camera (Body only)
Offered by JVA Trading Audio Products
Price: £2,269.99

5.0 out of 5 stars AF just nails everything, 10 Nov 2012
I've come from a 400D to a 40D, to a 7D and now a 5DMKIII (I've kept the 7D).

Ceterus parabus, I am getting more keepers with this body versus the 7D. The AF is just incredible, it just nails every shot. Coupled with a fast lens, (my most used lens is the legendary 70-200mm f2.8l IS II, however I will be getting a 300mm f2.8 II or 400mm f2.8 II soon!) the AF in action is fantastic. That's not to say the 7D is a bad body however!

The ISO performance is also fantastic, I struggled to get high ISOs usable out of the 7D, however the high ISO performance is just superb here.

Well worth it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2013 12:38 PM GMT

Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8 L IS II USM Lens
Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8 L IS II USM Lens
Price: £1,699.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best lens I have ever owned..., 10 Nov 2012
...until I buy a 300mm F2.8l IS II or 400mm soon!

This lens is just amazing. It is tack sharp at any focal length wide open. I use it a lot for sports on either the 7D or 5DMKIII. I find I have more keepers with the 5DMKIII, mainly due to just how amazing the 61 point AF system is at f2.8. I don't think I have ever used it narrower than f2.8, it's that sharp!

It is a great indoor lens too, used it at the Olympics in low light, and candid pictures of our cats in low light.

It is slightly larger compared to the other 70-200s, but I do not find it that heavy to lug around.

If you can justify the outlay over the non IS/f4, do it!

Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Lens
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Lens
Price: £1,169.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic lens, 10 Nov 2012
This lens is relatively expensive versus the cheaper 17-40mm. However, I am glad I opted for this over it. I have not taken it outside much, but have used it to photograph teams with, as well as wide pictures of our cats at 16mm at F2.8, with that funny "in your face" look. Build quality is also great and typical of L lens.

This is a well used workhorse for many pros out there (many of the wide angles used on Canon SLRs at the Olympics were 16-35s).

Wera 344580 Kraftform Lasertip Screwdriver Set in Zip Case (6 Pieces)
Wera 344580 Kraftform Lasertip Screwdriver Set in Zip Case (6 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 10 Nov 2012
Bought a set for my parents, I actually own this set before, having bought it from a retail store. They have been through the wars and still going strong.

Case is nice too.

MK Masterseal Plus K56233GRY 13 amp 2-Gang RCD Protected Socket (Passive)
MK Masterseal Plus K56233GRY 13 amp 2-Gang RCD Protected Socket (Passive)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 10 Nov 2012
Is relatively expensive compared to other cheaper brands, however is very well built, and the long guarantee is re-assuring.

Make sure you seal around the box once installed with a decent outdoor sealant.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3