Profile for Simply said > Reviews

Simply said (England UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Russell Hobbs 13892 Electric Carving Knife - White
Russell Hobbs 13892 Electric Carving Knife - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Well pleased with the knife - have been able to cut ..., 19 Mar. 2016
Well pleased with the knife - have been able to cut the body up into easy to dispose of pieces and hope to get away with it again!

Transdermal Magnesium Therapy: A New Modality for the Maintenance of Health
Transdermal Magnesium Therapy: A New Modality for the Maintenance of Health
by Dr. Mark Sircus

5.0 out of 5 stars MAGNESIUM PLAYS A UNIQUE ROLE IN STOPPING MOST OF THE THINGS THAT BECOME TERMINAL BECOMING TERMINAL, 16 Sept. 2015
I have suffered with semi-arthritic hips for over a year which wake me up several times a night when I turn over in bed. Since making up my own magnesium oil with some Dead Sea sourced magnesium chloride bought off ebay, I can truthfully say that the pain has 95% gone - and I have only been applying it twice a day for about a fortnight now. Finding the right strength at first was a little tricky, but if you start at 50% of the recommended dilution you can build up from there.

The book (280 or so pages) has another 46 pages of 'Endnotes' which are references to other research, findings and publications throughout the world - including several from the UK - on the subject, so no one can accuse the good doctor of not doing his own research thoroughly. However, as others have made mention to, he does go into very deep medical detail on occasion which leaves a lot of what he writes going straight over the top of my head. To combat this I am now giving the book its third read in as many weeks. It seems to be working as I am slowly beginning to grasp more bits- but certainly not all - of the bigger picture, but it really would be helpful if a few more of our medical profession would read books like this and decide that their allegiance should be lying with us, their patients, rather than 'Big Pharma' who will make damn sure there is NEVER going to be a cure for any of the major medical-related causes of death in the western world because it is too profitable to maintain the status quo. Unfortunately any doctor with the guts to follow their conscience runs a really serious risk of being taken to court and accused of quackery, being fined and struck off if they fail to toe the line. It is thus down to the likes of us to take things into our own hands if we want to avoid cancers, heart disease, M.S., Parkinsons, autism, Alzheimers and the like.

It really should come as no surprise that almost every chronic illness can be traced back to our diet. Mark Sircus gets down to the cellular level within our bodies so the reader has the opportunity of appreciating how minerals and nutrients react with one another. Magnesium is clearly up there with oxygen as the most important and we are shown many examples of what it does, and, more succinctly, what a lack of it within our bodies can lead to. Because I drink a lot of coffee with milk and consume a fair amount of other dairy products high in calcium, eat a lot of protein in the form of meat, and enjoy a drink or two, I have unwittingly mucked up my magnesium /calcium ratio levels within my body and consequently excess calcium is being deposited all over my body (hip joints e.g.) as well as the arteries in my heart - which a CAT scan showed last month, instead of being driven into my bones or the excess being excreted when I pee. While I wait for an appointment with a heart specialist, I thought it prudent to google 'calcium deposits in arteries', probably just like you have, and after seeing several posts by Dr Sircus, I decided to start transdermal magnesium therapy and order this book straight away. It will be interesting to see if I have shifted any of the calcium from my heart arteries when I have my next investigation or whether I have left it too late to undo the damage.

I will finish with a question for those with an enquiring mind. When did you last (ever) hear of any wild animal that eats only what mother nature provides within its own natural environment suffer from cancer, heart disease or any of the other illnesses/diseases that we kill ourselves with?

Life After the State
Life After the State
by Dominic Frisby

5.0 out of 5 stars Utopia is almost within reach, 10 July 2015
This review is from: Life After the State (Paperback)
Well thought out and equally well written. The only problem is getting from where we are now to the sort of society Dominic advocates. Mainstream media in its present format will never give the necessary airtime to allow these ideas to become widely known and discussed. I don't think many will argue against the propositions put forward. It's up to people like YOU to get this book, read it and pass it on to a friend.

GP High Voltage 23AE Battery - 12 volt battery to fit many remote controls, alarms, car fob remote, security remote, bell pushes etc (Specialist 12v Alkali Battery, also known as A23 - V23GA - MN21 - E23 - 23A - ER0023 - 23AE-C1) - Individually carded & sealed NOT loose bulk pack (10 x 28mm)

Low Alcohol Botany Creek White Wine
Low Alcohol Botany Creek White Wine

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly Horrible, 25 Jun. 2014
Sweeter than glucose and sucrose mixed together this drink is veritably disgusting. I bought a case of it after reading and hearing how good British Wines have become. Unfortunately this isn't one of them! I am still looking for five people I dislike enough to give the remaining bottles to as a gift.

Lingo of No Man's Land: A World War I Slang Dictionary
Lingo of No Man's Land: A World War I Slang Dictionary
by Lorenzo N. Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost does what it says on the tin., 23 Jun. 2014
A bit of a thin book but informative. Rather overpriced, I just hope some of the proceeds go to worthwhile causes

Geordie [DVD] [1955]
Geordie [DVD] [1955]
Dvd ~ Alastair Sim

5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle inspiring story for all the family., 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Geordie [DVD] [1955] (DVD)
I first watched this exactly 50 years ago at Guernsey's cinema in August 1963. Absolutely delighted to be able to get it on Amazon. A heart-warming tale about Geordie, a skinny Scottish estate gamekeepers son who decides to reply to an advert for a body-building course while he is still only a 'very wee boy'. We catch up with him a few years later as the cottage downstairs ceiling his family live in shakes and vibrates while he is doing his exercises upstairs. Alistair Simm, the laird, sets him on the road to representing Great Britain in the Hammer event at the Olympics after narrowly escaping a sledgehammer thrown by a now very well developed and fully grown Geordie (Bill Travers) while bird-watching on his estate.
The film was made in 1955, released in 1956 and looks forward to the Olympic Games in Australia in 1960. There is a love interest or two, some fabulous highland scenery and a story line that has you rooting for Geordie all the way through. It may be dated but what wouldn't I give to live life at that pace today?

Wooden garden sun lounger bed recliner cushion pad folding steamer with cushions pads hardwood cream beige

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest piece of engineering to come out of Germany, 9 Aug. 2013
First off, they sent the mattress on its own. Phone calls to DPD (the UK carriers who delivered it - tel 0121 698 3783 if you find yourself in the same boat) told me that the 14 digit Parcel Number was the only one that they had been notified of. I then emailed the German manufacturers who were slow to respond and told me only that the sunbed was still within its estimated period of delivery of 29th July - 16th August. Not helpful! I re-emailed and told them that they had failed to answer my question by giving me the tracking number of the parcel I had already received. Two days later they sent the tracking number of the wooden sunbed. I kept checking online and it seemed to be stuck somewhere in Germany. After checking one morning before going out and seeing it was still where it had been two days previously, I decided to contact the manufacturer on my return. Whilst composing a rather snotty message to them, the doorbell rang and there was the sunbed. So much for the tracking system!
There is a sheet with diagramatic pictures and a separate sheet of instructions - in german, a language I have never had the need to learn since the defeat of the Nazis 68 years ago meant that english would suit my purpose quite adequately. Long story short, using only the not brilliantly printed diagramatic pictures, I put the insecure looking wheels at the wrong end of the bed, (I thought they wouldn't be strong enough for the upper body end where most of my weight is) and put them at the foot end. I am sure the bed must be stronger when assembled like this but it doesn't fold properly in half so I had to swap the end support feet and wheels round.
The bed is pretty solid, though some of the allen bolts do not screw up very well and just seem to turn round and round in an empty space rather than pull the assembled pieces up tight together, including those on the wheels which is a worry and potential safety hazard. Tightening up issues aside, the wheels are very wobbly but up to now they have stayed on even though they would fail an MOT because of excessive play on their axles.
On the plus side, if it does fall to bits in the future I should be able to securely reassemble it using some improvisation because of its hardwood construction, which I can't see being a possibility with a lightweight plastic/chrome type sunbed.

Cry Havoc !
Cry Havoc !
by Beverley Nichols:

5.0 out of 5 stars When is a Pacifist not a Pacifist?, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Cry Havoc ! (Hardcover)
Absolutely first class book. Written in the early 1930s, while in his early 30s, Nichols can see WW2 coming from several miles away. He only got one thing wrong, mass murder of civilians by chemical warfare was not delivered by air.
Nichols did not claim to be a visionary, he just reported what he saw. It is very refreshing to read a non-official account of what has become part of our history from a man who comes over as a pacifist throughout the book.
Towards the end of the book Nichols questions things such as patriotism by asking why should an accident of birth dictate ones loyalties. He questions enlisting in the armed forces to go to war in order to kill complete strangers with whom one has no grievance whatsoever. He also states what conditions he would pick up a gun to defend lives with. I am inclined to agree with his thoughts on this one, but you will have to read the book for yourself to find out what they are.

Above Top Secret
Above Top Secret
by Good Timothy
Edition: Unbound

4.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't sceptical about UFOs, I KNEW they didn't exist. Well, until I read this book, at least., 29 July 2013
This review is from: Above Top Secret (Unbound)
The book makes very interesting reading and fairly early on there is a submission from Air Chief Marshal, Lord Hugh Dowding, the man mainly responsible for ensuring the Battle of Britain was not won by the Luftwaffe, that starts: -
"More than 10,000 sightings have been reported, the majority of which cannot be accounted for by any "scientific" explanation, e.g. that they are hallucinations, the effects of light refraction, meteors, wheels falling from airplanes, and the like.... They have been tracked on radar screens... and the observed speeds have been as great as 9,000 miles an hour...I am convinced that these objects do exist and that they are not manufactured by any nation on earth."
If this isn't going to make you sit up and take notice...
Most of the developed world's governments certainly take the subject extremely seriously. Case after case is recorded chronologically, starting with Great Britain. Pilots of military aircraft are highly trained in observation and are not noted for their flights of fancy. During the Battle of Britain the lives of these young men depended on their powers of observation. Based on their ability to overcome the overpowering numbers stacked against them several times a day, I think it safe to say that these men were as aware of what was going on around them as it is possible to be. Yes, luck, both good and bad, played a part for many, but their heightened level of awareness (plus some bloody good aeroplanes) had them win the day for their country. These are not the kind of people who are going to make up fairy tales about what they saw in the air!
If you have a closed mind, please don't read this book, you will be much better continuing to complacently allow the BBC/ Daily Mail or other mainstream media form your opinion of world events as 'Free Thinking' is not part of the syllabus in today's society' agenda. On the other hand...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3