Profile for Gillian Coleman > Reviews

Peel - Whole Mixed 250g
Peel - Whole Mixed 250g
Offered by Buy Whole Foods Online

5.0 out of 5 stars quality product, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Peel - Whole Mixed 250g (Misc.)
I am about to order more of this item. It is of a superb quality; the flavour is good; it is beautifully moist and the company delivered it to me quickly. It is almost impossible now to buy this kind of quality on the high street as most of what is on offer is dismal to say the least.

ORALB PROF.CARE 3000
ORALB PROF.CARE 3000

5.0 out of 5 stars bargain purchase, 6 Feb 2013
Well shaped handle so feels good in the hand; lots of power and two speeds too so it really fits the bill. It arrived on time and all things considered, I have to say I am very pleased indeed with my purchase.

18" bungee cord luggage straps
18" bungee cord luggage straps
Offered by SWD

3.0 out of 5 stars This is all I can say., 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: 18" bungee cord luggage straps
I really cannot review these items. They do what it says on the package and will be used to secure the dustbin lid (also purchased from Amazon) to prevent marauding squirrels stealing bird food.

Shakespeare's Local: Seven Centuries of History Seen Through One Extraordinary Pub

3.0 out of 5 stars Radio 4 book choice, 28 Jan 2013
A very chatty style but, really as there is no evidence to suggest Shakespeare frequented the pub, I think the title a little misleading. I read it but found myself becoming impatient and think it was too long.

The Atheist Manifesto
The Atheist Manifesto

2.0 out of 5 stars The most badly written book I have come across................., 28 Jan 2013
I chose this book having recently read Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi where she talks about how the Atheist Manifesto had led her finally to embrace atheism. As an atheist myself, I have no argument with the message of the book but, it is difficult to understand what the author is trying to convey when he obviously doesn't seem to know how to punctuate; complete confusion between apostrophes and commas and colons and semi-colons left me at times bemused.

He refers to James 1st and 6th as illiterate which he certainly was not and so, not surprisingly, it has left me questioning the quality of his research.

I am not naturally pedantic but, this is a glaring example of a book crying out for a good editor.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2013 8:41 AM GMT

Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
by Yotam Ottolenghi

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cookbook, 24 Jan 2013
This is a masterpiece for anyone interested in eastern mediteranean food. I have other books by this author and they are pretty reliable.

Feline Cystaid Cat Cystitis Glucosamine Capsules
Feline Cystaid Cat Cystitis Glucosamine Capsules

5.0 out of 5 stars Feline Cystair, 24 Jan 2013
This keeps my cat alive and was perscribed by my vet a few years ago now and I am very [pleased indeed that I can buy it more cheaply on line.

Infidel: The Story of My Enlightenment
Infidel: The Story of My Enlightenment

5.0 out of 5 stars Infidel.................., 24 Jan 2013
It took a chapter or two to get used to her style of writing but, after that I was so drawn into the subject that I hardly noticed it. I feel I was taken on her journey too. 'Enjoy' is not the word to use here but, for me, it has been an education of just how it feels to be a Muslim - especially the fundamentalist branch of this religion - and what must be the terrifying experience of entering a western culture with its more relaxed and tolerant attitudes to religions of all kinds. This is about extraordinary bravery.

Whatever it Takes: The Real Story of Gordon Brown and New Labour
Whatever it Takes: The Real Story of Gordon Brown and New Labour

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Story of Gordon Brown................., 24 Jan 2013
I'm sure I have done this before. Excellent writing style, very pacey read and very thoroughly researched and I would say iif you enjoyed Andrew Rawnsley's book on the subject, then you will enjoy this

Catmate C50 5-Meal Automatic Feeder
Catmate C50 5-Meal Automatic Feeder

5.0 out of 5 stars Catmate C50, 24 Jan 2013
Great idea. I can leave my cats for twenty four hours knowing they can get to the food and it has proved very reliable,.

Page: 1 | 2